Not only are rollover accidents frightening, but they can also leave you with devastating injuries and a lot of extra bills to pay. Help is available. A Jefferson Parish rollover accident lawyer can fight for the compensation you need to recover from your accident-related losses. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 to get started on your case.
Finding the Responsible Party Might Involve Investigating Your Accident
Because of how severe and traumatic a rollover accident can be, people often wonder how such an accident could have occurred. If you are thinking of filing a lawsuit after your accident, you might have to consider what caused the accident to figure out who might be liable for the damages you experienced.
Car accidents happen for a variety of reasons. Some accidents might have more than one cause. Your accident may be at the fault of:
The Other Driver
There are many ways a driver can mess up, from willfully ignoring traffic signals to driving too fast over slippery ground.
Drivers can also increase the risk of an accident by not paying attention to the road. Distractions come in many forms. Cellphones are a common distraction, but virtually anything or anyone can draw a driver’s attention away from driving, from the radio dial to an animal darting into the road.
The Auto Manufacturer
As with any other type of product, auto parts do not always work as they should. Some malfunctions might be harmless or go unnoticed, but others can cause catastrophic accidents. If a defective auto part played a role in your accident, the manufacturer may be held liable for damages.
The Maintenance Crew
All vehicles and roadways need repairs at some point. This is the job of whichever company is hired to maintain the vehicle’s or roadway’s upkeep. If a maintenance crew does not do their job properly, you could pay the price for their negligence.
The role of a negligent maintenance crew might be relevant in cases involving buses or other passenger vehicles. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires trucking and busing companies to keep records of regular maintenance work and inspections. If a company’s records show carelessness on the maintenance crew’s part, those records may serve as evidence in your case. If the records are missing or unsatisfactory, the company itself may be held responsible.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover accident lawyer serving Jefferson, call (337) 777-7777
There Are Many Kinds of Compensable Injuries
Does your accident qualify you for monetary compensation? To find out, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. It only takes one phone call for a member of our team to figure out if you are eligible to collect damages. If you qualify, a Jefferson Parish rollover accident lawyer can help you from the first step of your lawsuit to the last.
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
If you were injured in the crash, you might decide to file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation for your damages. Should you win your case, you might be able to receive compensation for:
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries and/or the accident caused you physical and/or emotional distress.
- Reduced quality of life: You are no longer able to perform simple tasks (e.g., getting dressed) or engage in enjoyable hobbies (e.g., playing sports).
- Loss of wages: You were unable to work while your injuries healed, costing you and your family much-needed income.
- Medical costs: Your injuries needed medical treatment, which might have involved hospital stays, prescription medicines, physical therapy, and home nursing.
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
If your loved one died because of the crash, you might be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit, regardless of whether they passed away immediately or succumbed to their injuries at a later date. In addition to the damages listed above, you might also be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Loss of society or companionship: You can no longer rely on your loved one to give you advice, support you emotionally, or provide you comfort and affection.
- Loss of financial support: You are finding it difficult to pay your bills without your loved one’s income.
- Funeral expenses: You paid to lay your loved one to rest and settle their estate.
Jefferson Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
You Do Not Have to File Your Lawsuit Alone
If you are trying to balance your legal pursuits with your recovery, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. Let Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers take the legal burden of building your case off your shoulders. That burden might include tasks, such as:
- Collecting evidence: It is a good idea to back up your claims with as much evidence as possible. This might include things like eyewitness testimony, your medical records, and photographs or videos.
- Submitting forms: No job is too small for us. Your lawyer can make sure that the necessary paperwork is filled out properly and mailed on time.
- Negotiating a settlement: A settlement is often the quickest way to get your money. Your lawyer can meet with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for the compensation you demand.
- Representing you in court: Sometimes, the insurance company is stubborn and will not offer a fair settlement. In that case, your lawyer can schedule and represent you at a trial.
- Giving advice: Making the right legal decisions for you and your family is not always easy. Your legal team can help you better understand your situation, explain your options, and answer any questions you might have.
What do we charge for our services? Upfront, not a thing. Your lawyer will work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they take their attorney’s fee out of any compensation you recover. In the event that they cannot get you compensation, you owe us nothing.
You might feel alone after an accident, but Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is on your side. A Jefferson Parish rollover accident lawyer will fight hard so that you do not have to add more stress to your life. To learn more, contact our team at (504) 777-7777. A law firm representative is standing by to take your call.