When someone is in a rollover accident, their injuries can vary in severity. Compared to other car accidents, rollover accidents can be extremely dangerous, especially if the vehicle is completely flipped upside down. If the passengers are not wearing seatbelts, the accident can even be fatal.
If you were in a rollover accident caused by a negligent driver, you might be entitled to receive compensation for the damages you sustained. Call a St. Charles Parish rollover accident lawyer today to start working on your case. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can work with you to determine what options you have available to you. Get a free consultation by calling (504) 777-7777.
Different Factors Might Cause Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can be caused by a variety of reasons, such as:
- Vehicle type: Vehicles with a higher center of gravity, such as SUVs, trucks, and vans, are more likely to be involved in rollover accidents.
- Speed: Speeding vehicles can easily roll over if they crash into or ricochet off other vehicles, especially if the speeding driver loses control of the vehicle. The faster a vehicle is traveling, the more momentum it has if it is suddenly turned sideways.
- Location: Rural roads are more likely to have rollover accidents. This factor is most likely due to the undivided road and loose dirt and gravel.
- Alcohol: Whenever driving and alcohol mix, the results can be deadly. Alcohol affects the driver’s ability to make quick and rational decisions on the road.
- Distracted driving: If a driver is focused on something other than the road ahead, they might swerve or jerk the steering wheel once they realize they are about to crash into someone or something. They might cause a rollover accident, depending on how they veer off the road. In other cases, if the driver was not paying attention, they might hit or get hit by another vehicle.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover accident lawyer serving St. Charles Parish, call (337) 777-7777
There Are Different Types of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can vary in their occurrence based on what kind of vehicles are involved in the accident, the terrain of the road and environment, and the point of impact. However, in general, rollover accidents occur in two different ways: tripped and un-tripped.
Tripped rollover accidents are the most common type of accident. According to SaferCar, 95 percent of rollover accidents involving one vehicle are tripped. These accidents usually involve the tires of the vehicle. When a vehicle slides sideways, the tires can dig into the soft soil or create friction with the pavement, resulting in a rollover accident.
Tripped rollover accidents can also be caused by a vehicle hitting a guardrail. If a vehicle hits the guardrail at a high enough speed, it can flip over the guardrail and roll. Steep slopes also increase the likelihood of a rollover accident. If a vehicle slides sideways toward a steep slope, the ground’s angle can cause the vehicle to roll down the slope.
Un-tripped accidents are much less common than tripped accidents. Un-tripped accidents often involve large and heavy vehicles. These vehicles can include tractor-trailers and cargo trucks.
An un-tripped rollover accident is commonly caused by a driver attempting to avoid an accident. The vehicle’s weight might shift suddenly, causing the vehicle to become unstable on its wheels. This danger increases if the vehicle is traveling at higher speeds. If a driver suddenly jerks the vehicle to one side or another, the weight of the vehicle might pull it sideways and cause the vehicle to roll.
St. Charles Parish Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Lawyer Can Help You Prepare for Your Case
Having a lawyer on your side can take some of the stress off your shoulders. The process to file a claim and fight for compensation can be complicated and difficult. A St. Charles Parish rollover accident lawyer can walk you through the legal process and let you focus on your recovery.
As stated by the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, you have a year after your car accident to file your lawsuit. The sooner you file your lawsuit, the sooner our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can work on your case.
Our team might also focus on retrieving evidence to support your side of events. This evidence might include:
- Photographs of the accident scene and your vehicle
- Video footage that might have captured the accident
- Dashcam footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimony
- Statements from the doctors who treated you
- Medical records
- Mechanic statements
If you were involved in a rollover accident caused by someone’s negligence, you may be able to get compensated for the damage done to you and your property. The stress caused by a rollover accident is more than anyone should have to go through. Our team wants to make sure you get the compensation you need to recover from your losses, which might include:
- Vehicle damages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Permanent disability
When you sustain damage due to a car accident, the expenses can be astronomical. A lawyer can help you navigate this trying time. Give our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers a call today at (504) 777-7777 to get started on your claim or lawsuit.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers About Your Rollover Accident Today
If you were in a rollover accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you might be able to pursue compensation from them. Rollover accidents can be life-changing events. If you were injured or sustained any damages due to the accident, you might be entitled to compensation. While money cannot make the accident go away, it can help you handle the accident’s repercussions.
When you hire a St. Charles Parish rollover accident lawyer from our firm, you gain an advocate for your rights. Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you build your rollover accident case. Call us today at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation.