If you’ve suffered a personal injury, you could face costly medical bills and life-altering consequences such as loss of mobility, the inability to work, and intense pain. However, if someone else’s negligence injured you, a Laborde Earles personal injury lawyer in Lake Charles can assist you in the legal process.
With over $600 million in compensation secured for our clients, our attorneys work tirelessly to ensure you receive maximum compensation. Our firm has 350 years of combined experience with car accidents, slip and falls, premises liability, and more. Plus, our legal team handles cases on contingency, meaning you don’t pay unless we win.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Our Personal Injury Case Results Speak for Themselves
Our team of attorneys has helped personal injury victims recover substantial settlements and verdicts. Whether negotiating with the insurance company or taking the case to trial, we stop at nothing to get our clients what they need to move forward after an injury.
Here are just a few examples of the verdicts and settlements we have recovered for past clients:
- $23,000,000: This was a court judgment we won in the wrongful death of a mother.
- $5,500,000: This compensation was awarded to a maritime worker we represented who was injured on the job.
- $2,700,000: We negotiated this settlement for an injured person involved in an 18-wheeler accident.
- $1,200,000: This was a trial verdict we achieved for our client after a motorcycle accident.
- $500,000: This compensation was for wrongful death due to medical malpractice.
Our team has a proven track record, and we will use our legal experience to fight for compensation in your case.
We realize that every case is unique, so one of our Lake Charles personal injury attorneys will analyze the details of your case, determine its value, and file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
What Our Personal Injury Firm Can Do for You
If you were injured because of someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, you are entitled to fair compensation for your losses and damages. You also may be able to collect wrongful death damages if a loved one died due to a negligent party’s actions (or inaction).
A personal injury attorney from our Lake Charles office can help your case in the following ways:
- Gather evidence: Our team will collect evidence to support your case, including medical records, the police report, pictures or surveillance video from the scene, eyewitness statements, etc.
- Determine your case’s value: Our attorneys will help you place a value on your case that includes your damages. We fight hard for the compensation you will need now and in the future.
- Handle all communications: We will communicate with the insurance companies and the other side’s lawyer so you don’t have to deal with the stress.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: While the insurance company may pressure you to take the first offer, our team is ready to fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
- Take the case to trial: If the other side’s insurance company refuses to settle, our attorneys will go to trial and argue your case before a judge and jury.
- Never leave you in the dark: Our firm will never leave you wondering about the progress of your case or where it stands. We are here 24/7 to answer any of your questions or concerns.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
When you choose our Lake Charles attorneys to represent you, you get over 350 years of combined legal experience from our dedicated personal injury attorneys. Our team in Lake Charles includes:
- Car accident lawyers
- Truck accidents/18-wheeler accident lawyers
- Bus accident lawyers
- Bicycle accident lawyers
- Motorcycle accident lawyers
- Pedestrian accident lawyers
- Boat accident lawyers
- Offshore accident lawyers
- Premises liability lawyers
- Slip and fall injury lawyers
- Workers’ compensation claim lawyers
- Maritime accident lawyers
- Defective product lawyers
- Nursing home abuse lawyers
- Dog bite lawyers
- Wrongful death lawyers
If you lost a loved one due to a liable party’s actions, please accept our deepest sympathies. You may be entitled to compensation for loss of companionship and any financial contributions your family member made before their death. We can discuss the details of a potential wrongful death claim during your initial legal consultation.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Compensation Our Team Could Recover in Your Personal Injury Claim
One of the first steps to recover compensation in a Louisiana personal injury case is to file a claim. Legal claims alleging injury allow individuals to recover damages for the harm associated with their injuries.
You could receive money and possibly other compensation if someone harmed you because they were negligent.
Economic damages are the financial losses you suffered from the accident and subsequent injury. Our personal injury attorneys from Lake Charles can pursue the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical expenses
- Emergency treatment expenses for severe injuries
- Cost of future medical care
- Assistive medical devices
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- In-home assistance
- Other out-of-pocket costs
- Funeral expenses if your loved one has died in an accident
Non-economic damages account for the physical and emotional toll the accident-related injury has taken on you. They can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Disability or disfigurement
Monetary compensation after a serious injury could be substantial. This is because, with a few exceptions, Lake Charles typically places no damage caps on personal injury lawsuits.
Our lawyers can help you explore your legal options and potential damages before filing legal action. We handle cases on a contingency basis, and our initial legal consultation is completely free.
They treated us like no other people would. Whenever we needed something they were there for us. I put my trust in them and I don’t regret it.Client
Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
When you pursue damages for an injury caused by a negligent party, the burden of proof falls on you and your attorney. Your Lake Charles personal injury attorney can take several steps to prove that the other party caused your accident and that you’re owed financial compensation for what happened.
Most injury cases are centered around the concept known as the “duty of care.” A duty of care is a legal obligation that all people have to behave in a way that prevents others from suffering foreseeable harm. For example, driving the speed limit and staying focused on the road are ways that drivers can uphold a reasonable duty of care for other motorists.
Here’s how an experienced lawyer from our firm can use the “duty of care” concept to prove negligence:
- Establish that the other party owed you a duty of care
- Use evidence to show the other party failed to uphold the duty of care
- Demonstrate that the party’s failure to uphold the duty resulted in the accident and your injuries
- Show that the incident caused you to suffer financial losses
Do Not Delay in Filing Your Southwest Louisiana Injury Claim
To file a personal injury lawsuit in Louisiana, potential plaintiffs must follow the state’s deadline for filing their actions in civil court.
- Statute of limitations for personal injury: The deadline is one year from the injury date, per Art. 3492.
- Statute of limitations for wrongful death: The deadline is one year from the date of the decedent’s death, per Art. 2315.2.
If you fail to file a claim within this one-year window, you will likely lose your chance to file a lawsuit, even if you or your loved one sustained a catastrophic injury. However, an experienced legal professional from our Lake Charles personal injury law firm will file your lawsuit within the statutory deadline.
Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
As we mentioned earlier, we handle many different types of accidents. Some of the most common personal injury accidents that lead to legal action involve dog attacks, motor vehicle accidents, and dangerous properties. All these incidents could lead to compensable injuries.
Dog owners are “strictly liable” for injuries their dog causes an individual. It does not matter if the dog has never been aggressive or dangerous. If a dog bites or attacks, the owner is most likely responsible and could be liable for resulting injuries.
In motor vehicle collisions, accident victims must have the proper auto insurance to recover damages in a personal injury claim.
However, if an injured party does not have insurance, they may still be able to pursue compensation for damages. This rule typically only applies in cases where medical bills exceed $10,000. If you’re eligible to pursue damages, a personal injury attorney from our team in Lake Charles can fight for the results you deserve.
If a person sustains an injury due to dangerous conditions in a building, parking lot, store, or other property, they might be able to file a personal injury claim.
In a premises liability claim like this, an experienced attorney could collect evidence to demonstrate that the property owner knew (or should have known) about the dangerous condition that caused the injuries.
Meet With a Lake Charles Personal Injury Attorney for Free
Navigating the legal system after a serious injury can be frustrating. Luckily, a Lake Charles personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles can help determine the value of your claim, assist with filing the necessary paperwork, and fight for your rights at every step while you focus on recovering.
Remember: we handle cases on a contingency fee basis with no upfront costs. The initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation to sign up for our legal services. Contact us to speak with someone from our law firm now.