There is no accurate way to determine the “average” settlement for rear-end collisions. Such statistics would be misleading, as your case is completely independent of other rear-end collision cases.
Rather than provide any sort of average, our team will:
- Consider every piece of evidence
- Determine the cost of your losses
- Determine the share of fault for your losses
- Explain exactly how much compensation you could receive
We have recovered more than $200 million for clients. This includes several results of well over $1 million. We will review your case and explain how much compensation you could seek.
We Calculate Your Settlement by Reviewing Your Covered Losses
Your potential settlement would be based on your covered losses. We will review and document those losses, which may include:
- The cost of your accident-related medical care
- Lost income
- Lost earning power (temporary or permanent)
- Lost productivity
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering
Pain and suffering can cover emotional anguish, conditions such as anxiety, and other non-economic effects of your accident.
We assign value to each loss. The total value is the amount that we will seek through a settlement.
Settlement is our first option
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains how most civil lawsuits end with a settlement. We will seek a settlement as our first option.
We aim to settle because doing so:
- Gives us control over the compensation that you receive
- Is generally a quicker resolution than a trial
- May be less costly than a trial
We do not seek the average settlement for your rear-end collision. Instead, we seek the maximum possible settlement.
Some clients’ cases require a trial. We will prepare for trial if it becomes necessary in your case.
We will Handle Your Case at No Upfront Cost
We work to ensure that the cost of hiring a lawyer does not prevent you from seeking justice. Because our lawyers work on contingency, you:
- Pay us nothing from your own pocket
- Pay us nothing upfront
- Pay us nothing unless we win your case
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
We will do All We can to Gather Strong Evidence to Support Your Claim
We handle every part of your insurance claim or lawsuit—each of which can have many moving parts. Upon hiring our firm, our team will:
- Speak with you about your case
- Investigate your collision
- Identify liable parties
- File your case as quickly as possible
Our goal will be to present the strongest possible case on your behalf. To do this, we may:
- Speak with witnesses to your accident
- Speak with expert witnesses who can offer a professional opinion about your case
- Create exhibits to use during negotiations or at trial
- Obtain as much documentation of your losses as possible
- Consult medical professionals
Lawsuits and insurance claims can require both written and oral arguments. We will prepare both types of arguments so that we can negotiate effectively.
Potential Issues with Handling Your Case by Yourself
There are several benefits to hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent you. Just as importantly, there may be several downsides to handling your case outside of a lawyer’s help.
Without a lawyer to lead your case, you may:
- Be overwhelmed by the stress of a lawsuit or insurance claim
- Feel you can’t focus on your recovery as you should
- Have little time to acquire legal knowledge
- Commit errors that compromise your case
- Pay out of your pocket for any costs related to your case
Our firm pays the upfront cost of your case, and we will utilize in-house resources that will help support your financial recovery. We will manage every aspect of your case so that you can focus on getting better.
We will take a Client-First Approach to Your Case
Victims of car accidents in Louisiana know that we stand by them. We put the client first when seeking compensation. This means we:
- Handle every single responsibility of your case
- Ensure you receive the medical care you need
- Respond to emails and phone calls
- Provide frequent case updates
- Treat you with empathy and understanding
- Work hard for a positive financial outcome
We pride ourselves on protecting the rights of victims like you.
Call the Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
It is important to call our team as soon as you can. CC §3492 generally limits the time you can bring a personal injury case to one year. CC §2315.2 imposes a similar time restriction for most wrongful death cases.
There can be exceptions to these statutes, so call us no matter when your accident happened. Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.