Car accidents can be very violent events. Even if you were wearing a seatbelt, you could have been hit by unsecured objects, jostled in your seat enough to cause whiplash, or worse. To seek compensation after such an accident, you can hire a Jefferson Parish whiplash injury lawyer to represent you and protect your rights. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 if you would like to learn more.
Getting Treatment After an Accident
It is a good idea to see a doctor after a car accident, whether or not you feel any pain. Sometimes, symptoms do not appear right away, so getting medical attention can detect and treat potential problems before they start.
Whiplash treatment may range from taking it easy to wearing an immobilizing collar. It all depends on how serious your injury is and whether it is compounded by the presence of other injuries. Again, the only way to know how serious your injuries are is to see a doctor.
In addition to the obvious health benefits, going to a doctor may also have a legal benefit. Your visit will be documented in your medical record. This record can serve as important evidence if you sue for compensation, especially if the liable party’s insurance company tries to cast doubt on the nature and severity of your injuries.
Once you have received proper medical care, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. Hiring a Jefferson Parish whiplash injury lawyer from our office can allow you to have a peaceful recovery as they fight for compensation on your behalf. Their services will cost you nothing unless and until they get money for you.
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Jefferson Parish, call (337) 777-7777
What You May Qualify For
Car accident injuries, even minor ones, can cost you a lot of money. According to data gathered by Louisiana State University, Louisiana accident victims lost over $1.4 billion due to minor car accident injuries in 2019. That same year, serious injuries cost $563.5 million, while fatalities cost $1.18 billion.
You should not be stuck paying for such expenses if someone else’s negligent or thoughtless behavior caused your crash. You can seek compensation for economic damages—that is, financial losses—related to the crash, such as:
- Medical costs: You got (or continue to get) treatment for any of your injuries.
- Loss of wages: Your injuries were severe enough to keep you home from work.
- Loss of earning capacity: Your injuries have left you permanently unable to earn as much money as you once did.
- Loss of employment: You had to quit your job or were fired because of your injuries.
You can also seek compensation for noneconomic damages—that is, the physical and emotional toll of your injuries—such as:
- Disability: You have lost the use of one or more body parts, such as a limb or an organ.
- Reduced quality of life: You can no longer live independently, or you have had to drastically alter your lifestyle to accommodate your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries caused you physical or emotional stress.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your spouse has been strained because of your injuries.
Non-economic damages are designed to help compensate accident victims for the injuries themselves rather than just the financial toll they imposed. These damages are certainly important, but it may be difficult to calculate the monetary worth of things like emotional trauma or the inability to play with your children.
How much you can collect will depend on the severity of your injuries, limits outlined by state law, and whether or not you can prove that the liable party caused your suffering.
Jefferson Parish Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Legal Representation Can Do for You
Even if you are still undecided about filing a lawsuit, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help. At no cost or obligation to you, a member of our team will listen to your story and tell you if you may qualify for damages. After that, if you would like to learn more or retain our services, we may be able to:
- Investigate your accident: As mentioned before, we can use your medical records as evidence in your case. We can also look for things like police reports, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and more.
- Calculate damages: Your lawyer knows how to figure out which damages apply to your accident and assign an appropriate dollar amount to each.
- Relay messages: If you speak to the liable party’s insurance company alone, they may find a way to use your own words to deny you compensation. Let us deliver all messages from you to the liable party and vice versa.
- File your lawsuit on time: If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit, Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 dictates that you have one year to do so. A lawyer can help make sure you bring your lawsuit by the end of the deadline.
- Fight for compensation: You do not have to worry about facing the insurance company alone. Your lawyer will be happy to meet with them and try to come up with a satisfactory settlement agreement.
- Go to court: It is frustrating when the insurance company will not agree to pay what you deserve, but the end of negotiations does not have to mean the end of your case. Your lawyer can continue the fight by taking your case to trial.
- Work for a contingency fee: In addition to offering free case reviews, we charge nothing upfront. You will only owe us a fee once you receive compensation.
Instead of trying to manage alone, put your lawsuit in the hands of a Jefferson Parish whiplash injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. They can handle all of the tasks described above in exchange for a contingency fee, which you only have to pay if and when you recover damages. Contact our main office at (504) 777-7777 as soon as possible to get started.