If you sustained an injury in an accident in Terrytown, you might be a candidate for a personal injury case. This means you might be entitled to collect compensation for your injuries and related damages.
Personal injury cases allow accident victims to hold at-fault or liable parties accountable for their negligence. If you’ve never filed a personal injury case, you can hire a lawyer to assist you with your case and represent you during legal appearances.
In fact, a Terrytown personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers could work on your case and help you with your legal journey. Call our law firm at (504) 777-7777 for a consultation to learn more about how our team can help you.
Our Law Firm Can Do the Legal Work for You While You Recover
For many people, dealing with a legal case is more of a burden than an active pursuit they want to partake in, especially if they are healing from their injuries.
If you are preoccupied with your physical recovery or dealing with other related issues, our team can handle your case for you so that you can focus on what needs your attention. The convenience in hiring a lawyer is that we can act as your representative and handle most, if not all, legal duties on your behalf and relay important information as it comes.
When you become our client, some of the services you will benefit from include:
- Case assessment: Our team will review your case to identify who can be held liable for your damages. We can also review whether we need to retrieve additional evidence or if other factors might affect the trajectory of your case.
- Private investigation: As our client, we want you to have the information you need to build a comprehensive case file. That might require conducting a private investigation on our part to request evidence from third-party sources, get statements from witnesses, or discover new information not previously reported.
- Legal paperwork: Our team can handle the necessary paperwork in your case. If your signature is needed, we will inform you.
- Legal advice: Throughout your case, our team will be available to you to offer you guidance before you make any legal decision. We can advise you on how fair a settlement offer is, whether you should file a lawsuit, and if you should pursue action against multiple parties, among other concerns.
- Legal representation: Of course, as your legal advocate, your lawyer will present your case in front of an insurance adjuster or a judge and jury, depending on whether you file a claim or lawsuit. With a legal representative, you may not have to attend settlement meetings or trial hearings.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Terrytown, call 337-221-9907
Our Team Also Helps You Calculate How Much Compensation to Pursue
Another service that we will provide you with is damage calculation. To pursue compensation, we have to estimate how much your damages are worth and present this figure to the liable party.
If you file a claim, this figure can be negotiated, so we may anticipate this and strive for a figure that still covers your losses once the case gets settled. However, if you file a lawsuit, a judge may determine how much compensation you are entitled to (unless the liable party agrees to settle the case outside of court).
Our team can measure your case’s value by calculating your damages, which may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Current and future income loss
- Reduced earning potential
Depending on what type of personal injury case you file, you may be able to claim other compensable damages not listed here.
These terms can be broad, so if you’re not sure whether your financial and personal hardships are “enough” to file for compensation, reach out to our law firm for a free case review.
Go ahead and dial (504) 777-7777 to speak with a representative of Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. They can assess your situation and determine which damages you may be able to claim in a personal injury case.
Terrytown Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 337-221-9907
Pick Our Law Firm if You Want a Lawyer Who Handles Your Type of Case
If you are looking for a Terrytown personal injury lawyer, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you. Our attorneys handle personal injury cases in various practice areas, such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Accidents that occur on private or public property
- Injuries or illnesses caused by dangerous drugs
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Boating and other watercraft accidents
If a personal injury case ends in a loved one’s wrongful death, our legal team can also help you file a claim or lawsuit to pursue compensation for their injuries and damages.
Click to contact our Terrytown Personal Injury Lawyers today
Your Personal Injury Lawsuit Has a Deadline You Have to Meet
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit in Louisiana, you must abide by the statute of limitations found in CC Art. 3492. This legal statute mandates that personal injury lawsuits must be filed within one year of the date of injury; however, other factors might toll or shorten this deadline.
Wrongful death lawsuits must be filed within one year of the decedent’s death, per CC Art. 2315.2.
Our legal team can keep an eye on the deadline in your case so that if you decide to file a lawsuit, we can take action to file it on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Today for a Free Consultation with a Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Representative
If you would like more information about our legal services, call our law firm at (504) 777-7777 to speak with a representative. In your free consultation, you can ask more about:
- Your rights as an injured party
- Whether you can still get compensation if you were partially at fault
- What the litigation process is like
- What we can do to help you with your case
Our attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers also work on a contingency-fee basis, which we can explain further in your consultation. In short, this means we do not charge attorney’s fees until the end of your case and only if you win compensation.
Call today to start working with our Terrytown personal injury lawyer.