Were you or a loved one injured by a reckless driver in Jefferson Parish? If so, you do not have to fight for compensation alone. A Jefferson Parish reckless driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can guide you through your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Compensation may be available for your hospital bills, mental anguish, and other damages. For no-cost consultation with our car accident team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777.
Reckless Driving Takes Many Forms
Reckless driving is a criminal offense in Louisiana. As codified in Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) §14:99, a first-time offender may face:
- A fine of up to $200
- A prison sentence of up to 90 days
What does it mean to drive recklessly? Because driving is a complex activity that involves many individual actions and reactions, there are many ways a driver can behave recklessly. Some common examples include things like:
- Following too closely: also called “tailgating,” this behavior can be perceived as aggressive and can increase the chance of a rear-end accident.
- Careless lane changes: trying to switch lanes too quickly or without using proper signals can cause a reckless driver to hit another car.
- Driving too fast: disobeying the speed limit or refusing to slow down under potentially dangerous circumstances (e.g., a rainstorm) can make it more likely that a driver will lose control of their vehicle.
- Ignoring traffic signals: traffic lights and signs exist to make sure everyone shares the road safely. Ignoring these signs can cause accidents.
No matter how your accident occurred, a Jefferson Parish reckless driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to:
- Identify the responsible party
- Determine how their negligence caused your accident
- Build your case against them
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving car accident lawyer serving Jefferson Parish, call (337) 777-7777
Pursuing Compensation After a Car Accident
In Louisiana, all drivers are required to carry some amount of liability auto insurance to help cover damages if they cause an accident, according to the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI). Therefore, unless the at-fault driver broke the law by not having insurance, you may start your case by seeking compensation from their insurance company.
If the at-fault driver’s insurance company refuses to make you an adequate offer, you have the right to file a lawsuit against them and request compensation from a judge or a jury. If your losses go beyond the limits of the at-fault driver’s liability coverage, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver for the remainder of your damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can manage all of these stages of your case. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 to learn more in a free case evaluation with our car accident team.
Jefferson Parish Reckless Driving Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
The Types of Damages You May Be Able to Recover
A personal injury claim may allow you to recover compensation for both your economic and non-economic damages.
If the accident affected your finances, you could qualify for economic damages. This may include both financial losses and increased spending caused by things like:
- Medical bills: if you went to one or more medical professionals to diagnose, treat, monitor, and/or manage your injuries.
- Loss of wages: if you could not go to work or you had to reduce your hours until your injuries healed.
- Loss of earning capability: if the permanent effects of your injuries prevent you from reentering the workplace, working as many hours as before, or earning as high a salary as before.
- Property damage: if your vehicle, phone, or other personal items were damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages represent the non-financial impacts the accident had on your life or your physical and mental health. These may include:
- Pain and suffering: if your injuries were physically and emotionally painful.
- Disfigurement: if even after healing as much as possible, your injuries left behind large or otherwise obvious marks.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: if your injuries have forced you to give up or need help with certain activities.
Getting Help from an Attorney
If you choose to work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your car accident case, we can do everything possible to make the legal process easier for you. We may be able to help you by:
- Identifying liable parties: we can investigate your accident and find everyone who contributed to it, whether it is just one party (the reckless driver) or multiple parties (an auto manufacturer, for example).
- Quantifying your damages: your lawyer can help you craft a list of all the damages you may qualify for and calculate how much each may be worth.
- Filing all forms: we can fill out the paperwork for you, or we can review your paperwork before you submit it to make sure everything is correct.
- Seeking a settlement: we can negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company for a fair settlement. If they refuse to make you a reasonable offer, we can proceed to trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us Today
A Jefferson Parish reckless driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can work for you on a contingent fee agreement. This means that our attorney fees come from the compensation you may recover. There are no upfront payments required.
Our client intake team offers free initial consultations to the victims of reckless driving accidents. For yours, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777. If you trust us with your case, we will work hard to defend your rights.