Did a reckless driver harm you or a loved one in Jefferson Parish? If so, you do not have to fight for compensation alone. A Jefferson Parish reckless driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will guide you through an insurance claim or lawsuit and protect your legal rights as you pursue compensation.
We believe in holding motorists who behave carelessly or dangerously on Louisiana’s roads accountable. When you hire us, our attorneys will build your case to prove the hospital bills, mental anguish, and other damages you had to take on after the accident. You can speak with our team during a no-cost consultation today to learn more about the legal options available to you.
Pursuing Compensation After a Jefferson Parish Accident
No matter where you travel to in Jefferson Parish or Louisiana in general, all drivers must carry liability insurance to help cover damages that result from an accident they caused, according to the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI). Therefore, unless the at-fault driver broke the law by not having insurance, you may start your case by seeking compensation from their insurance company.
If the at-fault driver’s insurance company will not make you an adequate offer, you have the right to sue them and request compensation from a judge or a jury. If your losses go beyond the limits of the at-fault driver’s liability coverage, you can also sue the driver for the remainder of your damages. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will manage all of these stages of your case.
Our Attorneys Have Won Millions in Awards for Some Clients
We have recovered more than $200 million in verdicts and settlements in cases throughout Louisiana. As your representatives, we will seek the compensation you need to settle your losses from the accident. Our case results prove our commitment to our clients and their financial well-being. Among the personal injury cases we’ve handled, we have recovered:
- $3,816,421 for negligent operation of a medical van
- $2,000,000 for an auto accident that caused spine injuries
- $1,000,000 for an auto accident victim
- $410,000 for a client rear-ended by a commercial truck
Your possible compensation is determined by several factors, including the seriousness of your injuries and how long your recovery time will be. Everyone’s case is different, so our firm cannot guarantee a specific outcome. However, we look at your case from all angles to see how we could recover compensation that addresses all the harm you’ve suffered.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accident lawyer serving Jefferson Parish, call (337) 777-7777
Types of Damages You May Be Able to Recover
A personal injury claim may allow you to recover compensation for both your economic and non-economic damages. Reckless driving accident victims usually have both.
If the accident affected your finances, you could qualify for economic damages. These may include both financial losses and increased spending caused by things like:
- Medical bills: If one or more medical professionals diagnosed, treated, monitored, and/or managed your accident injuries
- Loss of wages: If you could not go to work or you had to reduce your hours until your injuries healed
- Loss of earning capability: If your injuries permanently prevent you from reentering the workplace, working as many hours as before, or earning as high a salary as before
- Property damage: If your vehicle, phone, or other personal items were damaged in the accident
Non-economic damages represent the non-financial impacts the accident had on your life and your physical and mental health. These do not come with a fixed dollar amount, but our lawyers will assess them and assign a value to your case. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries were physically and emotionally painful
- Disfigurement: If your injuries left behind large or otherwise obvious marks even after healing as much as possible
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If your injuries have forced you to give up or acquire help with certain activities
You Could Seek Wrongful Death Damages if You Lost a Loved One
One of the unfortunate outcomes of reckless driving is fatalities. Please accept our sincerest condolences if you lost a loved one in a vehicle accident. We understand this is a challenging chapter for you and your family, and our team is here whenever you need us. If you would like to review your legal options regarding a wrongful death action, we can go over those with you.
State law designates which family members are eligible for this form of compensation. If your case is successful, you could recover damages for your loved one’s medical bills and final arrangements for their funeral and burial. We can meet with you during a free consultation to determine if this is the right option for you and your family.
Jefferson Parish Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Our Jefferson Parish Reckless Driving Lawyer Will Help You
If you choose to work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your Jefferson Parish car accident case, we will do everything possible to make the legal process easier for you. For example, our team will:
- Investigate your accident: We will review all the details and facts and take a look at the evidence available, such as a police report, medical records, witness testimony, and more. These items can help us establish your case.
- Identify liable parties: We will locate everyone who contributed to the crash, whether it is just one party (the reckless driver) or multiple parties (an auto manufacturer or a municipality, for example).
- Quantify your damages: Your lawyer can help you craft a list of all the damages you may qualify for and calculate how much each is worth.
- File all important forms: We can fill out the paperwork for you or review your documents before you submit them to make sure everything is correct.
- Seek a settlement: We handle negotiations with the liable party’s insurance company for a fair settlement. If they refuse to make you a reasonable offer, we can proceed to trial.
Our team will always be in touch, keeping you updated on your case. We will explain all relevant case laws to you and answer all your questions.
Louisiana Law Gives You Only One Year to Prove Your Damages
If you are thinking about taking legal action after your accident, it’s crucial to do so promptly. Louisiana’s statute of limitations generally gives you only a year from the date it happened to start your case, per CC Art. 3492. You only have a year if you plan to file a wrongful death case, as well, according to CC 2315.2.
We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as you can. If you miss this filing deadline, the court likely will not hear your case. It also means you will have to shoulder all the financial burdens from your accident by yourself. You will not be able to bring a lawsuit against the negligent party for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reckless Driving Takes Many Forms
Reckless driving is a criminal offense in Louisiana. As codified in RS 14:99, a first-time offender may face:
- A fine of up to $200
- A prison sentence of up to 90 days
What does it mean to drive recklessly? Because driving is a complex activity that involves many individual actions and reactions, there are several ways a driver can behave recklessly. Some common examples include:
- Following too closely: This driving behavior, also called “tailgating,” can be perceived as aggressive and increase the chance of a rear-end accident.
- Careless lane changes: Trying to switch lanes too quickly or without using proper signals can cause a reckless driver to hit another car.
- Driving too fast: Disobeying the speed limit or refusing to slow down under potentially dangerous circumstances (e.g., a rainstorm) can make it more likely that a driver will lose control of their vehicle.
- Ignoring traffic signals: Traffic lights and signs exist to make sure everyone shares the road safely. Ignoring these signs can cause accidents.
No matter how your Jefferson Parish accident occurred, a reckless driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will work to:
- Identify the responsible party or parties
- Determine how their negligence caused your accident
- Build your case against them
- Pursue damages inside or outside of court
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation and Case Review
A personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can work on your case for a contingency fee. This means that our attorney’s fees come from a percentage of the money you may recover. There are no upfront payments required, which means we can start on your case as soon as possible. Moreover, you owe nothing unless your case is successful.
Our client intake team offers free initial consultations to reckless driving accident victims. You can call us at (504) 777-7777 to receive yours. If you hire us to represent you in Jefferson Parish, we will work hard to protect your rights and hold the driver who injured you accountable.