Dangerous drugs are prescription or over-the-counter medications that are FDA-approved and available on the market, but which have nonetheless injured or killed consumers. These drugs may be recalled indefinitely or until the problem is corrected.
Those involved in the manufacturing, approval, and sale of medications have a duty to keep consumers safe. If they breach this duty, victims may be eligible for compensation.
If you or a loved one was injured or otherwise harmed due to a dangerous drug, consider contacting a dedicated personal injury attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. A Lafayette dangerous drugs lawyer from our team can use their knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and product liability laws to help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Should You Hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Dangerous Drug Case?
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers fights passionately for those needlessly harmed in Lafayette. If you’re the victim of a dangerous drug, then hiring a lawyer may provide several benefits. With scarce time and resources, you can rely on us to handle every feature of your case.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers:
- Has substantial experience with dangerous drug cases
- Will hire experts in the medical field to help with your case
- Does not shy away from large pharmaceutical companies or other defendants
- Has a substantial presence in Louisiana
- Has a deep understanding of Louisiana’s civil statutes and practices
- Provides relentless representation for victims like you
While we are tenacious in our pursuit of compensation, we’re empathetic towards our clients. We listen to you, learning how a dangerous drug has affected your life. We’ll work directly with your doctors to understand your injuries. As your case progresses, you’ll be able to contact us at any time.
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous drugs lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
Identifying the Responsible Party and Holding Them Accountable
Determining the responsible party in a dangerous drug injury case could be challenging for people who are not familiar with the drug manufacturing process and the regulations pharmaceutical companies must abide by.
In many instances, the manufacturer or pharmaceutical company is the main entity responsible. However, other defendants could include:
- Medical staff
- Sales representatives
- Safety testing labs
A Lafayette dangerous drugs attorney from our team can help you hold the responsible entity accountable for your injuries and damages. Our team will investigate your case to identify who may be liable for your injuries. If we discover more than one party may be liable for your damages, we may advise you to file multiple claims or lawsuits.
Lafayette Dangerous Drugs Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages in a Lafayette Dangerous Drugs Case
Louisiana allows injured individuals to pursue compensation from the party responsible for causing their injuries. Individuals suffering from harmful conditions caused by medications may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses: This can include costs for hospital stays, doctor’s visits, prescription medicines, surgeries, diagnostic tests, and other forms of medical care.
- Pain and suffering: This includes the physical pain you suffered and the emotional pain you felt.
- Loss of consortium: If your injuries negatively affected your relationships (e.g., they caused you to go through a divorce), you may receive compensation for this loss.
- Loss of society and companionship: If your injuries prevent you from fulfilling your duties as a parent and spouse, your spouse and children may claim this damage.
- Loss of income: This includes wages you lost due to your injuries and wages you expect to lose in the future because of your injuries. For example, this applies if you had to take unpaid time off to go to medical appointments or an extended leave to heal.
A hazardous drugs lawyer in Lafayette from our team can help you determine if your claim has merit. We will assess the types of damages you may be eligible to recover.
Services that a Lafayette Dangerous Drugs Lawyer from Our Team Can Provide
When you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our team will provide several services to help you prepare your claim or lawsuit. These services include:
- Case assessment: We will review your case at no cost to you. In this process, we may begin by identifying who should be held responsible for your injuries and what kind of damages entitle you to compensation.
- Independent investigation:We may need more information to build your case argument. As such, as we may investigate your case in hopes of discovering more evidence, potential witnesses, and general information.
- Expert witness interviews: In dangerous drug cases, we may reach out to medical professionals to provide testimony for your case. Experts can provide analysis on the dangers of the drug you took, how it led to your injuries, and whether malpractice might have taken place for the drug to be in your possession.
- Communication services: Our team will handle communications with all parties in your case, such as insurance representatives, pharmaceutical attorneys, and legal representatives for other involved individuals.
- Legal paperwork: We can also prepare and submit paperwork on your behalf. This allows us to make sure your casework is correct, accurate, and filed on time.
- Legal representation: Your case can follow different routes, and we will represent you no matter which direction your case goes.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Not Handle a Dangerous Drug Case Yourself?
There is little upside to handling a defective drug case on your own. More importantly, there is great potential risk in passing up the services of a capable attorney. Dangerous drug cases may be particularly complex. Medical jargon and pharmaceutical concepts may be central to your case. As experienced as our attorneys are, even we defer to experts in these matters.
Handling your dangerous drug case on your own may mean:
- Trying to learn about complicated medical concepts on your own time (and own dime)
- Hiring experts and paralegals out of your own pocket
- Enduring significant psychological and cognitive stress
Your case may be particularly difficult if you’re not an attorney. Not only will you need to research medical information, but also legal information. No matter the time, energy, and financial investment you put into your case, you may still lose.
You can hire a qualified, experienced attorney instead. By doing so, you’ll minimize your financial risk. You can focus on your health and other responsibilities. Our firm will handle your legal needs.
The Prescriptive Period for a Pharmaceutical Lawsuit
Louisiana has a one-year prescriptive period when it comes to filing personal injury claims, according to CC §3492, but there may be a few exceptions. For example, if you ingested the drug while pregnant, the injury may not be evident until the child is several years old. In such a case, you may be able to file your case within one year of discovering the injury.
Even though many people are unknowingly harmed by medications long before the side effects become evident, pharmaceutical companies may still be held legally responsible for the injuries and damages caused by their products. Our legal counsel can help you build a case on your behalf and fight to hold drug manufacturers accountable for the damages they caused.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Bears All Financial Risk in Your Case
Many clients come to us in times of financial hardship. They deserve justice as victims of a dangerous drug, but they don’t necessarily have the ability to pay for a lawyer out of their own pocket. We take financial concerns completely out of the equation.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is responsible for:
- Filing fees
- Hiring experts
- Hiring investigators
- The hidden costs of investigating your case
- The cost of obtaining drug-related paperwork
- All other case-related expenses
As our client, you don’t pay a dime out of pocket. If we secure a judgment or settlement, then we’ll receive a percentage of your winnings. You’ll be aware of this percentage before we begin your case. If we don’t secure a judgment or settlement, then we don’t receive a fee.
All of the financial risk falls on Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. If you don’t win, we don’t either.
Our Lafayette Dangerous Drugs Attorneys Fight for Those Harmed By Medication
Bringing a case against medical personnel or a large pharmaceutical company may be intimidating, but our team has the resources and knowledge needed to help. Do not miss your opportunity to file a claim. Call (337) 777-7777 today to get started on your case.