An unexpected injury can prevent you from working and earning the paycheck that you rely on. The circumstances under which you have been injured or been made sick may have been foreseeable by someone else who was responsible for preventing your injuries.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries or developed an illness after being exposed to dangerous conditions, then you may be able to collect awards for your hardship. Call our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Wants to Hear Your Story
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injuries, and we want to help if you were injured because of somebody else’s neglect. Every victim of a personal injury is unique. We want to hear about the circumstances that led you to become injured or sick, so that we can proceed with your case as soon as possible.
We can serve you by:
- Speaking with you in person or over the phone to hear about your hardship and to create an official account of how you sustained your injuries or became ill
- After speaking with you, filing all of the paperwork necessary for your case to be recognized in the courts
- Speaking with the counsel for the defendant in your case to see if they would like to settle and, if so, what they are offering
- Collecting available evidence of wrongdoing, such as pictures or video of the scene where the accident occurred
- Discovering and organizing any new evidence that could strengthen your case
- Interviewing any witnesses to the accident or the conditions that caused the accident
- Conducting any tests that could bolster your case if your claim is based on exposure to an unsafe substance
- Completing every step necessary to obtain a judgement or settlement on your behalf
- Defending your rights throughout your entire case
Your focus right now should be on recovering from any injuries you sustained or fighting any illness that has befallen you. A Grand Coteau personal injury attorney will handle the rest. If they are successful, you may collect awards to help ease the financial strain of your injuries or illness.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Grand Coteau, call (337) 777-7777
Possible Awards Stemming From a Successful Personal Injury Claim
Everything about your case is unique, including your injuries, the cause of those injuries, and the defendant who is responsible for those injuries. Because your case is so specific (and we have yet to hear it), there is no guaranteeing precisely what amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
Some possibilities may include coverage for:
- Any emergency transportation that you took from the scene of your accident
- Any medical care that you required upon arrival at the hospital, especially if it was emergency care
- Any diagnostic tests that you underwent after the accident
- Any surgeries or other medical procedures required because of your accident
- The entirety of your hospital stay post-accident
- If you are suffering from an illness, the cost of all treatments for that illness (such as chemotherapy and radiation for cancer)
- Any income that you have sacrificed because of your injury or illness
- If you are able to work, any diminished earning power caused by the effects of your injury or illness
- Any educational, professional, or personal opportunities that you can no longer pursue because of the effects of your accident or injuries
- Pain and suffering that has resulted from the accident, injuries, or illness that you endured
- Punitive damages against the defendant or defendants in your case
The specifics of your case may entitle you to additional awards, and a personal injury lawyer can help you better understand what those may be. Call our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 to discuss your case further, at no cost.
Grand Coteau Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Grand Coteau Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Determine Liability
We help people injured under a number of circumstances. Some circumstances that may prompt a personal injury case include:
- A motor vehicle accident where the person that injured you acted negligently
- A motor vehicle accident where a defective product, such as a car part or piece of safety equipment, failed to function as intended
- A dog bite
- A medical injury caused by negligence
- Abuse or mistreatment in a nursing home or assisted-living facility
- A slip and fall caused by an unsafe premises
- A fall resulting from a lack of basic safety equipment
- An injury sustained at the workplace
- An illness caused by exposure to an unsafe substance, such as asbestos or radon gas
- Injuries caused or made worse by a defective product
- An injury sustained while on a boat or in the water (maritime injury)
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Injuries caused by negligent security
Your injuries may be the result of some circumstances other than those listed above. Regardless of how your injuries were caused, you should call a lawyer today to discuss your avenues for pursuing compensation for your losses.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Now is the time for you to focus on recovering physically and mentally from your injuries or illness. A personal injury attorney on our team will handle your case from start to finish towards the goal of obtaining a judgement or settlement on your behalf.
Call our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation. Do not wait, as the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Louisiana is generally one year from the date of the accident or discovery of your illness under Article 3492.
We implore you to call regardless of the time that has passed since your accident, as there are exceptions to this statute that may prove relevant.