An accident involving a speeding vehicle can be incredibly dangerous. If you or a loved one was injured or suffered property damage at the hands of a speeding driver, you might have legal options. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we handle personal injury cases like yours and help our clients pursue the compensation they are entitled to receive.
Feel free to call (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation. You can learn about the legal options available to you and how you might be able to win damages. There is no obligation, and we do not charge you any attorney’s fees unless you win your case. A Jefferson Parish speeding accident lawyer is ready to help you.
How Speeding Leads to Accidents
Speeding can easily lead to accidents since it gets harder to control the vehicle at higher speeds. There are also certain behaviors associated with speeding that can make the road even more dangerous. Speeding can go hand in hand with following too closely behind other vehicles, which can result in an accident if the speeding driver is unable to react in time to the car in front of them braking. Changing lanes at high speeds can also be dangerous.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speeding led to 9,378 deaths in 2018. Accidents caused by speeding can also lead to injuries and property damage. If you were in an accident with a speeding driver, you might be able to pursue damages and fight for the compensation you need to recover from your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a parish speeding accident lawyer serving Jefferson, call (337) 777-7777
You Might Be Entitled to Collect Compensation After a Speeding Accident
If another driver was speeding when the accident occurred, they may be held liable for covering your damages. Damages awarded in speeding accident cases can include:
- Medical costs: Medical bills from a speeding accident can add up quickly. You might receive compensation if you needed to pay for doctor’s appointments, prescription medications, extended hospital stays, and other medical treatments.
- Lost wages: An injury might keep you out of work for an extended period of time. This means you might have lost income during your recovery, and you might continue to lose income until your injuries heal. You can pursue economic damages that make up for these lost wages and help you and your family avoid financial ruin.
- Reduced earning potential: Injuries from a speeding accident can have lasting effects. If your injuries prevent you from working in the same job, as many hours, or at all, that is reduced earning potential. You may be able to get compensated for this damage.
- A loss of enjoyment: At the same time, lingering injuries can make it impossible to take part in an activity you once loved. If your injuries prevent you from taking part in a sport or hobby you love, you may include this damage when valuing your case.
- Pain and suffering: Any other pain and suffering may also be included in your awarded damages.
Jefferson Parish Speeding Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Lawyer Can Help You Prepare for the Litigation Process
You are not required to have a lawyer when filing a personal injury case, but one can help you navigate the litigation process if you are unsure of how to do so. A Jefferson Parish speeding accident lawyer may assist you by:
Filing Your Case
Unfortunately, you do not have an unlimited time to file your case and pursue damages. The Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 gives you about one year to pursue a personal injury case. That can seem like a lot of time, but it can pass by quickly as you recover from injuries, get back to work, and try to return to a sense of normalcy.
Do not worry about missing your chance to pursue a case. You can hire a lawyer who can file your case and begin seeking damages on your behalf.
Part of your attorney’s job is to show how you were wronged in the accident. Your lawyer may gather evidence to prove that the other driver was speeding and negligent and that this behavior caused your injuries.
Evidence might include eyewitness accounts, data from police reports, photographs and videos, and accident reconstruction analysis.
Identifying Liable Parties
A lawyer might be able to identify who is liable for the accident and show why they should be held accountable. If there are multiple liable parties, your lawyer might be able to pursue compensation from each liable party involved in the case.
Determining Fair Compensation
Your lawyer may figure out what you are owed and consider all types of damages, including lost wages and medical costs. They may help you calculate your losses and suggest other awards to pursue, based on your case.
Keeping You Updated
A lawyer can have their team keep you in the loop so that you know about the progress of your case. Your attorney may talk to all involved parties, handle communications for you, and let you know about any settlement offers or big developments.
Fighting for You in Court if Needed
Your lawyer can serve as your advocate. They can fight for you every step of the way. If your case does not reach a settlement, your lawyer can represent you in court and continue your pursuit of compensation during a trial.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation and learn more about what an attorney can do for you.
Get a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a speeding accident, you might be able to seek justice. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 today. The first consultation is free, and we do not charge you any attorney’s fees unless you receive a settlement or trial verdict. There is no risk in simply learning more about what a Jefferson Parish speeding accident lawyer can do to assist you.