When you or a family member are injured due to the negligence of another party, you may be able to collect a monetary award to cover your expenses. The liable party can either settle with you out-of-court or answer for their actions before a judge.
For years, the team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has been helping clients recover the cost of their expenses after being injured.
Some examples of the cases we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Defective products
- Dog bites
- Dangerous drugs
- Wrongful death
You may not find the type of accident you experienced listed here. Either way, we are determined to help. We believe that there is no reason why you should have to pay for damages relating to an accident that was not your fault. To learn more about how we can help, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
The Four Elements of Negligence
To hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries, we must prove that the following four factors played a role in your injuries.
- Duty of care. Everyone, no matter who they are, has a responsibility to not harm others. For example, a truck driver has an obligation not to drive for long periods, as this puts himself and others at risk of an accident.
- Breach of duty of care. We must show that the liable party either recklessly or carelessly endangered others by violating their duty of care. Going back to the previous example, if a truck driver operated a vehicle while extremely drowsy, this would be an example of violating their standard of care.
- Causation. Your legal team will need to prove that as a result of another party’s negligence, they caused your injuries. When you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can launch an investigation into what exactly caused your accident.
- Damages. No matter if your losses were economic or noneconomic, we must show that in this otherwise avoidable accident, you have suffered.
Proving these important parts of your case can be difficult without the right legal representation. Get the help you need to hold the negligent party responsible for your injuries by calling Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Broussard, call (337) 777-7777
Evidence You Can Use to Support Your Claim
After the incident, you should keep any evidence that supports the extent of your damages. This can range from photos of the accident to medical bills outlining your expenses. While your lawyer can do the work of investigating your case, providing these useful items can bolster your claim for compensation.
Accurately Value Your Injury-Related Expenses
Once your lawyer has proven your injuries were the result of someone else’s actions, they can assign a value to your injuries.
Some of the items you may be able to seek compensation for can include:
- Emergency and ongoing medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
You may be able to seek damages for items that we have not listed here. By speaking with a Broussard personal injury lawyer, we can determine what other losses you may be able to recover.
Broussard Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Understanding the Value of a Legal Professional
A Broussard personal injury lawyer can play a key role in several aspects of your injury claim. They can work on your behalf to make sure that you accept a settlement offer that covers your losses, while at the same time keeping you informed of your legal rights. When negotiating a fair settlement with the other party, things can get complicated. This is where a lawyer can prove to be an incredibly valuable asset. Our team is not afraid of taking on even the toughest of cases and has no problem holding the other party responsible for your injuries.
You Have a Limited Time to Act
In Louisiana State Legislature, Art. 3492 states that you have one year to file your claim of delictual actions. In a wrongful death action, Art. 2315.2 states that you have one year from the date of your loved one’s passing to seek damages. When you work with a lawyer, one of the first things they may do is create a timeline outlining certain milestones of your claim’s progression. This will give you an idea of what you can expect from the claims process and ensure that you and your team are on the same page.
Your Personal Injury Case Has Value
In the aftermath of your accident, you will likely be approached by the responsible party’s insurance company. They may offer you a settlement that is not only designed to prevent you from seeking legal representation but also to save their company some money. Keep in mind that accepting any amount from these insurers will prevent you from pursuing additional funds. For example, if you take any sum from the insurance company and then later find out that you need an emergency medical procedure, you will have to pay out of your own pocket for this expenditure.
Do not risk settling for less than your case is worth. A Broussard personal injury attorney can help you get the financial recovery you need to move on from your accident.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is On Your Side
Some of the services that one of our lawyers can provide include:
- Filing your claim in a timely manner
- Interviewing witnesses regarding the details of your accident
- Combing through the police report and other official documents for relevant information
- Keeping your case moving on schedule
- Negotiating for a settlement that covers your expenses
- Taking your claim to court, if necessary
You may be wondering how you will be able to afford legal help when you may be facing thousands of dollars in other accident-related costs. Our team operates on a contingency basis. We do not get paid until the conclusion of your case when you agree to a settlement offer. If we cannot get compensation on your behalf, then we do not get paid. There are no hidden costs or upfront fees.
We are eager to get to know you, hear the circumstances surrounding your case, and determine how we can help. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.