If you or a loved one was recently injured in an accident that could have been avoided had another party taken proper care, you might be a candidate to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against that negligent party. Personal injury law is a branch of law that allows injured parties to demand compensation from liable parties in hopes of financially recovering their losses.
A New Iberia personal injury lawyer can assist you with your case and serve as your advocate whether you decide to negotiate an insurance claim or file a lawsuit in court. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we cater to our clients’ needs while advising them throughout their litigation journey because we understand how vulnerable they might feel.
Let our team manage your case for you. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free case review at (337) 777-7777.
A New Iberia Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You in Several Ways
Some of the legal duties that our personal injury team fulfills include:
- Investigating to discover new evidence or information
- Communicating on your behalf, so you do not potentially jeopardize your case with statements to the insurance adjuster or opposing attorney (refer them to us instead)
- Calculating your damages to determine how much compensation you need
- Negotiating on your behalf to potentially secure an insurance settlement
- Reviewing settlement offers to determine whether they are fair
- Attending hearings on your behalf or representing you in court if you bring a lawsuit
- Advising you throughout the legal process and answering questions you have
You can learn more about what other kinds of services our personal injury firm offers when you call for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337) 777-7777
You May Get Compensation for More Than Just Your Medical Expenses
In personal injury cases, the compensation awarded is based on the plaintiff’s damages, divided into economic and non-economic losses. You will work with your attorney to categorize each loss or damage you experienced, so do not presume any inconvenience is too small to list. We factor in the overall impact of your injuries on your life, which can comprise a series of small losses along with major ones.
Economic losses generally list every financial expense or debt you face because of your injuries. These expenses can be as large as medical bills from the hospital to as small as over-the-counter painkillers you had to buy at the pharmacy. Other examples of economic losses include:
- Costs for surgeries and other medical procedures
- Property damage, which can be measured by the cost of necessary repairs or the value of the property if it got destroyed beyond repair
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning potential
- Other out-of-pocket costs, such as buying medical support devices like crutches
- Charges for additional services if your injuries prevent you from doing everyday tasks, such as cleaning or cooking
Non-economic losses focus more on the emotional losses you suffered. These damages do not have a tangible financial value and are regarded as general losses the plaintiff incurred. Compensation is awarded based on how intensely a person’s injuries exacerbated other consequences in their lives. Some examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Living with a permanent injury, loss of limb or bodily function, or disability
- Permanent changes in appearance, such as from burns or scars
- Psychological trauma and other mental injuries, such as depression and anxiety
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
Not sure how much your case might be worth? Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation to discuss how your accident-related injuries affected you. A team member at our firm can assess what type of personal injury case you qualify for and assign a New Iberia personal injury lawyer to manage your case afterward. From there, we can calculate your damages to determine how much compensation you should pursue.
New Iberia Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
File Your Personal Injury Lawsuit by the Statutory Deadline
The time to decide to file a personal injury lawsuit is now because Louisiana gives people a short window to bring their case forward. CC Art. 3492 gives plaintiffs only one year to file their claim, which can go by fast.
You must factor in how long other steps to prepare your case might take, such as requesting access to evidence, getting in contact with witnesses, and negotiating with insurance companies. All these factors can eat away at the time you have to file a lawsuit. Your lawyer can monitor how much time you have remaining to file your case, but you should also note that it is better to act sooner than later if you want to pursue compensation.
Click to contact our New Iberia Personal Injury Lawyers today
Our Law Firm Handles Several Types of Personal Injury Cases
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we handle the following types of personal injury cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products or drugs
- Dog bite attacks
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian or bicyclist accidents
- Premises liability
- Maritime accidents
- Construction accidents
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Work with a Lawyer Serving New Iberia
Whether you want to file a personal injury case about a car accident, a medical error, a defective product, or some other accident that caused your injuries, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to hear about your situation. We have a team of personal injury attorneys ready to get your case moving, and we would love to lead your pursuit of compensation.
Call our law firm at (337) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation. We serve various areas in Louisiana, including New Iberia, so do not hesitate to call. A New Iberia personal injury lawyer can start working on your case as soon as today.