If you or someone you care about was injured because of another person’s or institution’s negligence, you might be able to take legal measures against them and have them compensate you for the damages you experienced. Still, if you are living with severe injuries, taking on a legal pursuit might seem intimidating. That is why Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to extend a helping hand.
If you reside in Harvey, Louisiana, call our law firm at (504) 777-7777 for a free case review. You can consult one of our representatives for free and ask relevant questions about your case. Afterward, we may assign a Harvey personal injury lawyer to your case and continue to update you as we receive new information.
Your Case Argument Needs to Establish Who Was Negligent
When building your case, you and your lawyer will be aiming to establish each element of negligence to assert how the other party caused you harm. These elements will be the core structure of your case.
The Legal Information Institute (LII) affirms that these elements are:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to you, which is generally defined as an obligation to obey rules and regulations to avoid causing harm to others.
- The defendant breached this duty in some way, whether by their actions or inactions.
- This breach led to the accident, showing causation.
- You suffered injuries in the accident.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we help our clients structure their case arguments for them. We also help them collect evidence to support the claims they make in their case argument. Additionally, our law firm works on a contingency-fee basis, which means you do not have to worry about our rates before your case settles. We take our fee out of the compensation award we win for our clients and only if we win.
If you would like to hire a Harvey personal injury lawyer from our firm to help you with your case, call us today at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation with one of our representatives.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Our Legal Team Can Help You Calculate How Much Compensation You Need
Every personal injury case is different in how much they are worth due to the fact that every individual has a unique set of lifestyle factors that could be evaluated differently. For example, a leg injury might affect someone who works at a construction site more heavily than a person who works at an office. Someone who works paycheck to paycheck might face serious financial consequences if they cannot afford to pay their medical bills, whereas another person’s injury might prevent them from working altogether.
Calculating how much compensation you need will be based on your damages, which might include:
- Medical debts
- Property damage
- Loss of wages, both current losses and wages you expect to lose until you heal (if at all)
- Reduced quality of life, which factors how a permanent disability changed your ability to do independent tasks and enjoy hobbies and activities
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries prevent you from advancing in your career or forced you to take a lower-paying job
Your lawyer may suggest other damages based on the needs of your case.
Once you have assessed and evaluated your losses, make sure you comply with Louisiana’s deadline to file your lawsuit. CC Art. 3492 allows one year.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Personal Injury Lawyers Practice in Multiple Areas of Law
Our law firm tackles several areas in personal injury law, so we are not afraid to take on new challenges within this field of litigation. As mentioned, personal injury law generally covers incidents where a person can get harmed as a result of negligence or recklessness. As such, our personal injury lawyers work on cases involving:
- Automobile accidents: these accidents can involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Also, these cases can also involve only one vehicle, such as in hit-and-run accidents or accidents caused by poor road conditions.
- Medical malpractice: if you suffered an injury or illness because of a medical professional’s mistake, you may qualify for a medical malpractice case. These cases can also involve injuries or complications caused by surgical malpractice, such as removing the wrong organ or leaving objects inside the body.
- Premises liability: these cases involve injuries that occur on a person’s or company’s property; however, public property owned by the local government may also apply. Common scenarios include slips and falls, injury by falling objects, and drowning in pools (for small children).
- Product liability: if you suffered an injury because of a defective product or pharmaceutical drug, you might be able to hold the manufacturer, marketer, or designer liable for releasing the product to the market.
- Dog bite attacks: if a dog—whether owned by someone else or a stray—bit you and caused severe injuries, there may be options for you to pursue compensation.
These are just some examples of personal injury law, so feel free to call our law firm to determine how we may be able to help you with your case.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Have a Lawyer Work on Your Case
If another party’s negligence ultimately led to your injuries or illness, they may be compelled to compensate you for your damages via a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Personal injury law can include a wide number of case types, so even if your situation was not listed in this article, that does not mean you are not entitled to build a case against the person, company, or entity that caused your injuries.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation. One of our representatives can review your case and go into more detail about how a Harvey personal injury lawyer from our team may be able to help you build a case.