If you sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence in Slidell, you can hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you. An attorney can guide you throughout the litigation process and advise you as your case progresses. Whether you decide to file a claim or lawsuit, your lawyer can serve as your advocate and handle most or all of the legal tasks in your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Call our law firm today at (504) 777-7777 for a free initial consultation. A member of our personal injury team can provide you more information about what your case might involve, including what kind of compensation you may be entitled to collect.
Personal Injury Cases Involve Bodily Injuries, Emotional Injuries, and Illnesses
Many people believe personal injury cases are limited to physical injuries, such as spinal cord injuries or broken limbs, but these cases can include other types of injuries as well. The Legal Information Institute (LII) defines a personal injury as “an injury not to property, but to the body, mind, or emotions.”
Accident victims may be able to collect compensation for mental and emotional injuries like intense humiliation, trauma, depression, or anxiety. If a product or a negligent act caused you to develop an illness, this might also be considered a personal injury.
Personal injury law allows victims to demand compensation from potentially liable parties who caused them harm. Victims can also hire personal injury lawyers to help them hold negligent parties accountable for their actions or lack thereof.
How Do You Know if Your Case Qualifies as a Type of Personal Injury?
Personal injury cases can arise from all sorts of situations. People can suffer injuries in many kinds of preventable accidents, so if you are unsure about whether your situation qualifies as a personal injury case, call our law firm for a free case review. We are always willing to help people understand what their rights are and see what steps they can take to pursue the compensation they need.
Many accidents fall under one of the following categories of personal injury law:
- Premises liability, which applies to any accident that occurs on another party’s property
- Motor vehicle accidents, including accidents with bicyclists or pedestrians
- Product liability, which applies to any incidents where a person gets injured or develops an illness because of a defective product (including pharmaceutical drugs)
- Medical malpractice, which applies to injuries caused by a medical professional or their lack of supervision
- Maritime accidents, which applies to accidents that occur in open water or on a water vessel
A lawyer can evaluate whether your accident may merit a personal injury claim during your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Slidell, call (337) 777-7777
Our Team Can Help You Gather Evidence to Support Your Case
Whether you are filing an insurance claim or lawsuit, you will likely need to submit evidence to prove the claims you make about the opposing party. In personal injury cases, the plaintiff’s case argument often focuses on how the opposing party’s negligence led to or directly caused their injuries.
Whether your case involves a motor vehicle accident or a slip and fall on a commercial business’s property, your case argument may generally follow this structure:
- The opposing party owed you a duty of care to avoid causing you harm, which could apply to laws or regulations they needed to follow.
- The opposing party failed or purposely ignored their duty of care, putting you at risk of harm.
- This failure led to the accident or defect that caused you harm.
- You suffered multiple damages as a result of the opposing party’s actions or inactions.
To support these claims, you may gather evidence to prove which factors led to the accident or injury. What kind of evidence you use will depend on the circumstances of your case, but it may include:
- Medical records to prove what your injuries and illnesses are and when they were reported or discovered
- Test results to prove your condition
- Photos or videos of the accident scene, defective product, and your injuries
- Witness testimony
We understand that certain forms of evidence may be difficult for you to retrieve. You might still be healing from injuries, or you might not know how to obtain certain evidence.
We want to make the legal process easier for you. Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by dialing (504) 777-7777 and learn what else our legal team may be able to do for your case.
Slidell Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We Can Help You Determine How Much Compensation to Pursue
Calculating your damages can get complex. If you decide to work with our firm, we can help you categorize and calculate your damages in accordance with Louisiana law. Some of these damages may include:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Income loss
- Property damage
- Permanent disability
Your Personal Injury Case Has a Time Limit
Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 sets the general legal deadline to submit a personal injury lawsuit at one year from the date of injury in most cases. By contacting Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers soon after your accident, we can help you file your lawsuit on time.
Let Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Represent You
If you suffered an injury at the fault of another party, a personal injury lawyer can help you build a case that exemplifies why you may be entitled to receive compensation. To start discussing the details of your situation, call our law firm at (504) 777-7777. We value our clients and work hard for justice. Call now to start working with our team.