If someone else’s negligence has injured you or someone you love, a Duson personal injury lawyer will help you recover the money you need for your recovery. Our Louisiana-based attorneys fight for injured victims’ rights. We will hold the liable parties and their insurance companies accountable for your economic and non-economic damages.
Our team member is standing by to conduct a free case evaluation for you. If you are ready to move forward, our attorney is ready to get to work as soon as possible, gathering evidence and building a case to get you money for medical treatment, bills, and more.
Getting a Personal Injury Settlement in Duson, LA
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will fight for the fair compensation you deserve for your personal injury. This may include both economic and non-economic damages, depending on your injuries.
These types of losses have an established financial value. Examples include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages, pension, or benefits
- Loss of or reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Inability to work in your current position
To prove your case’s value, we review and calculate all bills, receipts, invoices, pay stubs, and other documents that show the accident cost you money. We can also consult a vocational or economics expert who could confirm your inability to work.
Non-economic damages include items that do not have a set dollar amount. For this reason, it is harder to assign a specific value to them. Usually, the more severe your physical and psychological hardship is, the more you may be able to collect for these damages. They can include:
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
- Reduced quality of life
- Scar tissue or other disfiguring marks
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help you get your life back on track after an accident. We can do so by collecting evidence that proves your need for non-economic damages, including witness statements, medical records, and personal photos.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Duson, call (337) 777-7777
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Will Fight for You
Our firm is proud to serve accident victims in Duson and throughout Louisiana. We have recovered more than $200 million in verdicts and settlements, proving that we work tirelessly for our clients’ recovery. A personal injury lawyer and our entire team will work diligently to see that justice is done in your case. For example, we will:
- Take your case seriously: A member of our team will evaluate your case at no charge and treat you with the dignity you deserve. They will tell you within minutes if you have a viable case.
- Investigate the accident: Our team can visit the site of your injury, collect witness statements and documentary evidence to support your case, and much more.
- Quantify your injuries: How much money are your injuries worth? Our investigation will allow us to calculate that amount.
- Meet the insurance company: You do not have to fight for the money you need alone. We will negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company so that they do not get away with paying a too-small settlement.
- Go to court: If we cannot reach an equitable settlement, we can fight for a jury award instead if that is the legal strategy that makes sense. Our team manages all aspects of a court case, including representing you at trial.
- Update you regularly: Whenever there is a development in the case, we will call to deliver the news and discuss its implications.
- Help you make decisions: We are always available for clients who want more information or guidance when it comes to making legal decisions.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we provide more than legal advice; we also provide peace of mind. As Keith, one of our former clients, put it, our team “was like a good friend in a time of need.” With our compassionate representation, you can focus on your recovery and let us handle all the challenging legal work. You can read more testimonials from our past clients here.
Duson Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Personal Injury Practice Areas in Duson, Louisiana
No matter how your injury occurred or who was responsible, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will make sure you can request the fair compensation you need to move forward. We cover various kinds of injury cases, including but not limited to:
As is the case in many car accident cases, another driver most likely caused your accident. They may have engaged in reckless behavior such as:
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Ignoring traffic lights or traffic signs
- Not paying attention to the roadway
- Driving under the influence of a substance (alcohol, drugs)
Multiple parties could be responsible for truck accidents, including:
- The individual driver
- The trucking company that hired the driver
- A maintenance or inspection crew responsible for the truck or the roadway
This possibly opens up more than one avenue for compensation for you.
Similar to land-based motor vehicle accidents, incidents involving boats or other water vehicles may entitle you to compensation. They may have similar causes and liable parties as well.
Manufacturers who know (or should have known) their products were dangerous and did not take sufficient action can be held liable for any damage those products cause. This includes defective drugs, car parts, and more.
Premises Liability/ Slip and Fall
If you were injured on someone else’s property, we may be able to hold the property owner or manager liable. Compensable accidents may be caused by:
- Holes, slick spots, and other slip or trip hazards
- Unkempt lawns
- Broken stairs or handrails
- Unsecured objects that can fall and hit someone
One of our personal injury lawyers will help you, no matter if your injury occurred on residential, commercial, industrial, or public property.
Medical caregivers are required to uphold a standard of care and provide patients with competent care. Failing to do so constitutes malpractice. Examples of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose an illness
- Prescribing the wrong medication or the wrong dosage
- Failing to communicate and coordinate with your other caregivers
Should you find yourself in this situation, you may be able to hold the practitioner responsible for your condition. Alternatively, you can sue the facility where the practitioner works.
If you suffered a dog bite injury, we may be able to hold the animal’s owner liable for damages, especially if we find evidence that the owner did not take reasonable measures to prevent your injuries.
How Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations Deadline Applies to Your Duson Injury Case
Louisiana generally has a one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits, per CC Art. 3492. If you do not act quickly, your lawsuit could become time-barred, preventing you from recovering compensation no matter how strong your case may be.
Prompt legal guidance from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can mean the difference between filing a successful case versus forfeiting your right to compensation. We would be glad to evaluate your case at no cost or obligation to you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for a Free Personal Injury Consultation
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers would like to represent you in your Duson personal injury lawsuit. You do not have to pay us attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
To receive a free, no-obligation case evaluation, call us today at (337) 777-7777 and learn how a lawyer from our firm can help.