Office InformationAddress Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
306 N Washington St Suite A,
Marksville, LA 71351, United States
If you’ve suffered a serious or catastrophic injury in Marksville, LA, you may only have a limited amount of time to seek a recovery and get justice for your accident. Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers are Marksville, LA personal injury lawyers who can help victims who have suffered traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, back or neck injuries, post traumatic stress disorder, or other serious injuries after an accident. You may be entitled to receive compensation from negligent parties to cover lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical and rehabilitative expenses.
Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers are compassionate and caring accident attorneys in Marksville, LA who can get to know you and your family. We’ll take a close look at your case and how your injury has impacted your life. We can offer you an honest assessment of your claim and draw out a roadmap of what steps need to be taken.
Don’t Ignore Your Pain in a Personal Injury Claim
When some individuals think about serious injury, they imagine disabling injuries that interfere with a person’s ability to work and engage in normal life activities. However, many injuries can get overlooked in the aftermath of a crash or accident. Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers are accident attorneys in Marksville, LA who understand the range of injuries victims can suffer after a car accident, motorcycle accident, or other accident.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, like sprains, strains, or bruising, while not as dramatic as a fracture, can take a long period of time to heal and can interfere with a person’s ability to work or to enjoy an active lifestyle. Without proper medical treatment, soft tissue injuries can become chronic conditions. For instance, a person can develop tendinitis. According to WebMD, tendinitis can cause pain or even loss of motion, if it is serious enough. Don’t ignore pain. Seek medical attention for all strains and sprains. Proper rehabilitative care, while sometimes costly, can prevent further future injury. If you are having trouble paying for rehabilitative care after an accident or injury, contact the accident attorneys at Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers. Our Marksville, LA firm may be able to help.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: According to the National Institute of Mental Health, as many as 7 or 8 out of every 100 people may develop post traumatic stress disorder in their lifetimes. Having been in a serious accident can increase your risk. Individuals with PTSD may experience flashbacks, bad dreams, avoidance of certain locations linked to the event, feel anxiety, have difficulty sleeping, and experience mood changes. While it is normal to experience stress, sadness, or some of these symptoms after a frightening event, some individuals continue to experience these symptoms. When this occurs, individuals can often be assisted with proper therapies and treatment. Those who receive treatment often receive positive outcomes. If you have been in an accident and believe you may be suffering from PTSD, it is important to get help. Seek medical attention and contact Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers, personal injury attorneys in Marksville, LA who may be able to help you seek a recovery to cover your lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering damages.
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: While serious brain injuries will often be diagnosed immediately in the emergency room, some mild traumatic brain injuries may not be diagnosed right away. If you have suffered a slip and fall, car accident, or other injury, and have begun to experience mood changes, problems sleeping, memory problems, or sensory changes, you may be suffering from a mild traumatic brain injury. Seek medical attention and consider contacting the accident lawyers at Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers in Marksville, LA today to learn more about your rights.
- Pain: Pain can interfere with all aspects of your life—including your ability to work, play, and enjoy time with your family. In some cases, doctors treat pain by prescribing pain medication. However, there are many options for pain treatment after an accident. Unfortunately, the more costly and time-consuming options, like extensive rehabilitation and exercise, tend to be overlooked either due to their cost or due to the fact that they may require missed time at work or one-on-one therapy. Understanding your options is important. While pain medication can result in temporary relief, exercise and physical therapy can often lead to healing and long-term relief. Speak to your doctor and speak to your personal injury lawyer in Marksville, LA today to understand your options and rights.
The injuries individuals experience after an accident can be extensive. It is important to receive a complete diagnosis before you seek compensation from insurance companies, worker’s compensation, or negligent parties. If you’ve been hurt, you need Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys in Marksville, LA will take the time to review all facts and help you get the proper medical attention you may require.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Marksville, call +1 318-545-0060
Avoyelles Parish Personal Injury Lawyer
The Role of a Personal Injury Attorney
There are many benefits to hiring an Avoyelles Parish personal injury attorney. A knowledgeable lawyer could put their experience to work handling the details of a case while the victim focuses on their health. An accident can result many disruptions in a person’s life, but an experienced attorney might be able to provide some relief.
One of the first jobs of an attorney is to investigate the basis of a claim. While police may respond to the scene of an accident and make a report, it is often lacking in essential details. Information can be left out, and essential witnesses may be misidentified. An attorney may be able to uncover useful information not contained in the police report through a thorough investigation.
In many cases, the responsible party in an accident has insurance coverage. Whether the policy is auto or home, the opposing insurance company may be willing to offer a settlement to make a claim go away. That does not mean every offer will be fair, however. In fact, insurance adjusters often work tirelessly to avoid responsibility if possible. An Avoyelles Parish personal injury attorney could negotiate on a victim’s behalf toward a fair settlement with the opposing insurance company.
If a personal injury suit does not settle, an attorney could take the case to trial. In court, it is the role of the attorney to put forward the most persuasive case possible. This involves selecting a jury, introducing evidence, and making a compelling argument before the court.
Damages Available in an Avoyelles Parish Personal Injury Case
No matter the type of accident, the potential losses for which a victim can recover compensation can be extensive. Common damages included in Avoyelles personal injury lawsuits include:
- Medical bills – It is possible to recover both past and future medical costs
- Pain and suffering – Compensation for the physical pain associated with an accident is also recoverable
- Repair costs – if, as a result of a crash, an injury victim’s car, boat, or other property was damaged, it may be possible to recover the cost of the repair
- Lost wages – A personal injury lawsuit can seek not only past lost wages but also lost future earning potential
- Permanent disability – If a person is permanently disabled due to the accident, it is possible to recover the costs associated with future care
Marksville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me +1 318-545-0060
Understand Your Rights
If you’ve been hurt due to another person’s negligence, you should act quickly. You may only have a limited amount of time under the law to make a claim. Laborde Earles: Injury Lawyers offer free consultations in Marksville, LA. Our personal injury attorneys can review your case and offer you an honest assessment of your claim.