Office InformationAddress Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
306 N Washington St Suite A,
Marksville, LA 71351, United States
If you have suffered an injury because of someone else’s actions, you have a limited amount of time to seek justice for your damages in Louisiana. A Marksville personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you navigate the process before time runs out. You could receive compensation from negligent parties to cover lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.
We want to do everything possible to help you recover damages, which begins with taking a close look at the incident and how your injury has impacted your life. Then, we can offer an honest assessment of your case. If you decide to work with us, our team will draw out a roadmap and guide you through the legal process. A free case review awaits when you call.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can handle the details of a case while the client focuses on their health. An accident can result in many disruptions in a person’s life, but an attorney from our firm can provide relief by assuming the following roles.
The first thing our team can do is investigate the basis of a claim. One of our personal injury attorneys may be able to uncover useful information by:
- Requesting and examining a copy of the police report
- Requesting a copy of your medical records
- Locating and speaking with all eyewitnesses
- Taking photographs or videos of the accident scene
- Examining photographs or videos taken by you, surveillance cameras, or others
- Asking relevant experts (such as accident reconstruction experts) to provide statements about the accident and/or your injuries
In many cases, the responsible party in an accident has insurance coverage. The opposing insurance company may be willing to offer a settlement to make a case go away. However, that does not mean every offer will be fair. Insurance adjusters work tirelessly to avoid responsibility and pay the smallest settlements possible.
A personal injury lawyer from our Marksville office can fight for fair compensation by:
- Handling all communications with the liable party and their insurance company on your behalf
- Determining what a fair settlement looks like in your case by calculating the true worth of your injuries
- Negotiating with the insurance company to fight for an appropriate amount
- Refusing to be intimidated by the insurance company’s aggressive or bad-faith tactics
If a personal injury claim does not settle, we could take the case to trial. In court, it is our job to put forward the most persuasive case possible by:
- Selecting a jury
- Introducing evidence
- Making a compelling argument before the court
- Preparing and questioning witnesses
- Filing an appeal, if the jury does not decide in your favor
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Marksville, call +1 318-545-0060
What Damages Are Available in Marksville Personal Injury Cases?
No matter the type of accident, the losses for which a victim may recover compensation can be extensive. Common damages in personal injury lawsuits include:
- Medical bills: It is possible to recover both past and future medical costs for treatment of physical and psychological harm.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical and emotional pain associated with an accident is also often recoverable.
- Repair costs: If, as a result of a crash, a victim’s car, boat, or other property sustained damage, they may use repair bills or receipts to request repayment.
- Lost wages: We can seek not only past lost wages—caused by your inability to work as your injuries healed—but also lost future earning potential.
- Permanent disability: If a person develops permanent disabilities due to the accident, it is possible to recover the costs associated with future care and the loss of use of that body part.
- Temporary disability: If, for example, you broke a bone and were unable to use that limb for weeks or months, you can seek compensation for the inconvenience of dealing with such an injury.
- Attorney’s fees: In some cases, a plaintiff can even seek reimbursement for the money they spent on legal representation.
Marksville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me +1 318-545-0060
Is a Personal Injury Lawyer Worth It?
When deciding whether or not hiring an attorney from our firm is worth it for you, it is critical to consider the following:
- Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers free consultations to all personal injury victims. It will only cost you a few minutes of your time to learn the viability of your case.
- Our attorneys understand your rights under Louisiana law, and we have experience negotiating with insurance companies who want to give you as little money as possible.
- When you represent yourself in a case, the insurer may sense your inexperience and take advantage of you by offering as little as possible.
- We can fight for a settlement that is large enough to cover the full value of your present and future damages.
- We never charge attorney’s fees up front. Rather, we wait until you have recovered compensation to take our fee. If you do not get compensation, then we do not charge attorney’s fees.
We Encourage You to Reach Out to Our Marksville Team Right Away
You can reach out to our Marksville office today if you suffered injuries and damages and another party is responsible for the incident. It is always best to get started as soon as possible—as codified at CC Art. 3492, legal actions in personal injury cases are only valid if begun within a year of the accident.
Our attorneys can help injury victims protect their rights after a wide array of accidents. Some examples of the cases Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers handles include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Dog bites
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
Even if you don’t see your accident listed here, our firm could still represent you. We will let you know what our team can do when you call for a complimentary consultation.
Click to contact our Marksville Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take to Settle in Louisiana?
How long your claim will take to settle depends upon various factors, including but not limited to:
- The severity of your injuries: If you have many severe or complex injuries, we may need more time to calculate their monetary worth and collect evidence connecting them with the accident.
- The insurance company’s willingness to settle: When the insurer is willing to negotiate in good faith, plaintiffs can get their money faster than if we have to take the case to trial.
- The accident itself: If there is more than one liable party in your case, it may take longer to settle with all of them than it would if you had just one liable party to deal with.
- Availability of evidence: The more evidence we can find, the stronger your case may be, and the more likely it is that the insurance company will make an effort to settle quickly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Attorneys Can Help You Understand Your Rights
If you have been hurt due to another person’s negligence, don’t wait to take steps to hold them accountable. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers free consultations to personal injury victims in Marksville, Louisiana.
Call us at (318) 777-777 to let a member of our team review your case and offer an honest assessment of how a lawyer from our team can assist you.