Rollover accidents are often unexpected and traumatic. The aftermath can be just as difficult, with extra bills you may not be able to afford and injuries that may not heal for a long time. Some rollover accident injuries may affect you permanently.
If you were hurt in such an accident, a New Orleans rollover accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to take the lead on your case and fight for compensation on your behalf. We handle insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits on behalf of our clients.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777 for a free case review with a member of our team. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments required.
Driver Negligence Can Cause Rollover Accidents
It may be difficult to piece together the details of an accident as traumatic as a rollover. In order to recover compensation for your damages, though, you typically must identify the at-fault party and collect evidence that demonstrates how their negligence caused the accident.
Every accident is different, but some common negligence-driven accident causes include:
- Speeding: driving too fast makes it more difficult to spot obstacles or stop before hitting something. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), about a third of all fatal accidents involve speeding.
- Distracted driving: crashes caused by distracted drivers are common in Louisiana. Drivers may be distracted by cell phones, food, their passengers, or even their thoughts if they are not focused on driving.
- Ignoring driving laws: not signaling properly before making a turn, failing to yield the right of way, or running a stoplight or stop sign, among other things, can also lead to traffic accidents.
- Impaired driving: this can include drunk driving and drivers who are impaired by drugs. Even some legal prescription medications can cause drowsiness or other symptoms that can lead to dangerous situations.
Sometimes, rollover accidents may be caused by non-driver parties, such as a negligent mechanic who caused a mechanical failure in the vehicle or a negligent municipality responsible for a road hazard such as a pothole or uneven lanes.
When we work together on your case, a New Orleans rollover accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident to identify the liable party and build a case against them. To discuss your accident and your legal options in a free consultation with a member of our team, call us today at (504) 777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 777-7777
Potentially Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be able to request compensation for economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are for people who suffered financially because of the accident, whether due to accident-related bills, the inability to work, or both. Specific examples of economic damages may include:
- Medical expenses: if you needed to see a doctor, get a prescription, go to physical therapy, or pay for any other kind of medical treatment for your accident injuries.
- Automotive repair expenses: if you had to pay to fix your car and/or arrange alternate transportation while waiting for your car to be repaired.
- Lost wages or benefits: if your injuries left you unable to work for a period of time, costing you income.
Non-economic damages are for accident victims who suffered some kind of physical or psychological injury due to the accident. Examples of non-economic damages may include:
- Reduced quality of life: if you will never live as freely as you used to. This damage may apply if you are no longer able to participate in certain activities or need help with basic, everyday tasks.
- Pain and suffering: if you experienced (or continue to experience) physical and/or emotional distress because of your injuries.
- Disability: if you permanently lost certain abilities in the accident.
New Orleans Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 777-7777
Fighting for Compensation with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can provide you with a wide range of legal services when we represent you. We may be able to:
Investigate Your Accident
Your lawyer can investigate your case and collect evidence of the responsible party’s liability. If there is more than one liable party, we can pursue them all. This investigation can also help us figure out which damages you may qualify for and estimate their value.
Negotiate with the Insurance Company
We are not afraid to meet with the insurance company’s representatives face to face and do some tough negotiating. This may involve presenting evidence from our investigation and attempting to convince the insurance company’s lawyers that you deserve a settlement.
In cases where the insurance company does not want to offer a fair settlement, we can represent you on trial and try to convince a judge or jury to award you compensation instead.
Give You Advice
We know how difficult and confusing lawsuits can be. You should feel free to call us at any time with questions, and we will always update you if something changes in your case.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
If another party’s negligence caused your accident, a New Orleans rollover accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to coordinate all aspects of your case while you focus on your recovery.
If you are considering taking legal action for your rollover accident, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages you to get started right away. Per Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, there is a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Louisiana. Failure to act before this deadline is up could mean that you lose your right to sue.
For a free consultation on your case, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments required.