According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 6,583 people who were either driving or riding in a passenger vehicle died in a rollover accident in 2018. Rollover accidents frequently occur because of an impact from another vehicle; however, single-vehicle rollover accidents are also possible.
If you or someone you care about was injured in a rollover accident in New Orleans, you might be able to pursue compensation to recover any financial damage you incurred. If you also suffered other damages that do not necessarily have a monetary value, like pain and suffering, a lawyer may be able to add those losses to your compensation demands.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to learn how a New Orleans rollover crashes lawyer from our firm may be able to help you. You can get a free consultation with our car accident team when you dial (504) 777-7777 today.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
Depending on the speed of the vehicles involved in a crash and the angle of impact, one or both vehicles may rollover. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), some causal factors of rollover crashes include:
- What type of vehicle is involved in the accident, as top-heavy vehicles like trucks or SUVs are more likely to roll over in a collision
- Whether the driver was under the influence at the time of the accident, be it alcohol or drugs
- How fast either vehicle involved in the accident was traveling
- The kind of road or environmental conditions at the accident scene
If another driver violated a traffic law and caused your rollover accident, they may be liable for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover crashes lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 766-3527
Liability for Single-Vehicle Rollover Accidents
Some rollover crashes involve just one vehicle. The NHTSA defines a “tripped” rollover as an accident where the “vehicle leaves the roadway and slides sideways, digging its tires into soft soil or striking an object such as a curb or guardrail.” According to the NHTSA, about 95% of rollover accidents involving one vehicle are considered tripped.
The remainder of single-vehicle rollover accidents are categorized as “un-tripped.” These types of accidents often occur at high speeds when a driver attempts to avoid a collision by turning or swerving out of the way. Vehicles that are top-heavy are more prone to un-tripped rollovers because they can lose their center of gravity during a high-speed turn and violently roll as a result.
Even single-vehicle rollovers may be the fault of a negligent party, such as the car’s manufacturer, a municipality, or an automobile mechanic. In some cases, a driver swerves to avoid a car making an illegal maneuver and enters a rollover without striking the other vehicle.
If your rollover accident did not involve an impact with another vehicle, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers might be able to hire an accident reconstruction expert to investigate the cause and identify any potentially liable parties.
New Orleans Rollover Crashes Lawyer Near Me (504) 766-3527
Rollover Accidents Can Cause Severe Injuries to Victims
Because rollover accidents risk the potential of jostling occupants around inside the vehicle, there is a wide variety of serious and traumatic injuries that victims can sustain. Some of these injuries include:
- Broken bones, particularly in the arms, legs, and skull
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other forms of head injuries
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis and herniated discs
- Bruising and deep cuts
- Facial and eye injuries
If you sustained one of the injuries listed above in a rollover crash, you might be entitled to receive compensation from the individual who caused the crash or a party who holds liability for the accident.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 to have one of our team members review your case for free. They can determine whether a New Orleans rollover crashes lawyer from our firm may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries.
You Can Hire a Lawyer to Pursue Compensation on Your Behalf
Many clients come to our law firm without any idea about how much money they may be entitled to collect. That is why our team offers a free case evaluation to all prospective clients. These consultations allow us to assess what kind of case the caller is dealing with and what kind of damages they might have already experienced.
If successful, you may be able to receive awards for multiple damages you have gone through, whether physically, emotionally, or financially. Some things to consider when calculating your damages include:
- Whether you developed a permanent disability
- How much money you spent on treating your injuries and how much more you’ll need for future treatments
- Whether you had to miss work because of your injuries and if that forced you to lose income
- How much pain and suffering you experienced because of the accident and your injuries
- How much property damage you incurred
- How much your life has been affected by your injuries
Your lawyer can then gather evidence that proves the monetary value of certain damages or shows how certain losses negatively affected you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Law Firm Wants to Help You with Your Rollover Accident Case
At Laborde Earles injury Lawyers, we strive to help our clients financially recover some or all of their rollover accident damages. When you hire a New Orleans rollover crashes lawyer from our firm, we can perform a series of legal services on your behalf so that you can cope with your injuries without the stress of dealing with your case. These services include:
- Retrieving evidence via an investigation of the rollover accident
- Submitting paperwork
- Communicating with the other party’s insurer and legal team on your behalf
- Researching laws that apply to your case to prepare your argument
- Negotiating with the other party to potentially settle your case outside of court
- Representing you on trial if need be
To get started with a free case review from our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 today.