New Orleans is a popular place for culture and tourism. Many areas around the city are easier to walk in rather than drive. You might have chosen to walk because it is a quick way to visit shops and restaurants. However, what happens when a fun time in the city turns into an unfortunate accident on the road?
A pedestrian accident can cause severe damages and injuries that may significantly disrupt your life. If you were struck by a vehicle while walking, our lawyer may be able to help you fight for compensation. You can speak with the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team today about your accident.
Our Lawyer Can Help you Determine the Negligent Party
Determining negligence is not always as easy as it seems. Your case may get complicated if the other party claims you were partially negligent for the accident. As stated in CC §2323, if you are deemed partially negligent for an accident, your compensation may be reduced.
Our New Orleans-based lawyer wants to help you refute such accusations and fight for fair compensation in your pedestrian accident. We can help you by:
- Evaluating your case at no charge. This way, you can find out quickly and easily if it is viable and worth pursuing.
- Supporting your case with evidence that shows how the other party was at fault for your accident. For example, we might be able to show surveillance footage that captured the accident.
- Taking over the communications between other lawyers and insurance companies. You do not have to carry that burden on your shoulders.
- Supporting you throughout the litigation process. We will advise you of your options and update you about your case.
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement and going to trial on your behalf if they will not negotiate.
- Managing your case while you focus on your recovery. You do not have to concern yourself with filing paperwork, meeting deadlines, or making important legal decisions on your own.
Our lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can protect your rights and fight for compensation. You do not have to fight alone. You can find out why our clients describe us as “phenomenal” and “like a good friend” during a free case evaluation in our New Orleans office.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 777-7777
Compensatory Awards in Pedestrian Accident Cases
The expenses from a pedestrian accident can add up quickly. What started out as a peaceful day walking the streets of New Orleans might have turned into a life-changing accident. If someone injured you in a car accident while you were walking or crossing the street, you might be entitled to collect multiple damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you fight for compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses, including rehabilitation, physical therapy, surgery, prescription medicines, and assistive devices
- Property damages, including whatever devices you had on you that were damaged in the accident
- Pain and suffering, including short-term and long-term declines in both your physical and psychological health
- Loss of income, including the salary and other job benefits you missed out on while your injuries healed
- Decrease in income, including the money you expected to earn in the future, but now you cannot due to decreased productivity and/or your inability to work at all
These damages can apply to both personal injury cases, where you sue for compensation for your own injuries, and wrongful death cases, where you sue on behalf of a loved one who died from their pedestrian accident injuries. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can assist you with both types of cases.
New Orleans Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 777-7777
The Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can Help You Seek Compensation
A lawyer can help you when disaster strikes. Under CC §3492, you have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit in your New Orleans-area pedestrian accident. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start fighting for your compensation.
Call our New Orleans office now for a free case review. You can discuss your pedestrian accident with one of our team members, who can also answer any other questions you have about your potential case