Any driver can fall victim to a truck accident. The consequences of these accidents are often life-changing, but help is available. An attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf after a truck accident in New Orleans. We can handle all deadlines, communications, and paperwork in your case when we represent you, giving you time to start putting your life back together.
You can start reviewing your options today during a free, no-obligation case review with a team member. If we take your case, we can represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no upfront payments required.
What it Means for Us to Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
There is no need to worry about attorney’s fees when you hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Right when you call us, you will receive a free, no-obligation case review. If we decide to work together, you will not have to pay us any retainers, start-up, or upfront costs. Once you receive a financial award for your damages, we will deduct our attorney’s fees.
At the beginning of your case, we will let you know what percentage of your compensation we will deduct so there won’t be any surprises at any point. If you don’t get reimbursed, neither will we.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 777-7777
Potentially Recoverable Damages
The value of your total damages depends on several factors, such as:
- The nature of the truck accident
- The severity and type of your resulting injuries
- The effect the accident has had on your overall quality of life
- How the aftermath of the accident has influenced your finances
Damages in a truck accident case may generally be placed into one of just two categories: economic damages or non-economic damages.
Economic damages encompass the monetary losses you sustained because of the accident. These losses often include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses: For people who received professional medical treatment for their injuries
- Repair expenses: For people who had to repair or replace their vehicle because of the crash
- Loss of income or benefits: For people whose injuries kept them home from work for any length of time
- Loss of employment: For people who can no longer work or were fired because of their injuries
Non-economic damages encompass the physical and/or mental losses you sustained because of the accident. These losses often include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: For people who experienced physical and/or emotional anguish because of their injuries
- Disability: For people whose physical or mental abilities were affected by their injuries
- Scarring: For people whose injuries will leave large, disfiguring, or painful marks
You Can Recover Wrongful Death Damages if You Lost Your Loved One
Alternatively, if you are pursuing compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit, the recoverable damages may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship
- And more
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can identify the damages you may qualify for and figure out what each of your damages may be worth in monetary terms when we represent you.
New Orleans Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 777-7777
Getting Help From Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on Your Case
Although you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your own, you may find it easier and less stressful to hire a lawyer from our team to work on your behalf. An attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers serving New Orleans can assist you from the start of your truck accident case all the way to the end. If you hire us, we can provide you with various services, which may include:
- Updating you on the status of your case: You will know what’s going on and will not be left in the dark.
- Investigating the accident: This includes collecting evidence, such as surveillance video and police reports, to help build your case.
- Filing essential paperwork: We will file an insurance claim and/or lawsuit on your behalf.
- Communicating with others: You do not have to speak directly with the liable party, their lawyer, or their insurance company.
- Negotiating for a settlement: This may involve sitting down with the liable party’s insurance company and fighting for a fair settlement offer.
- Going to trial: We will pursue your case in court if we can’t reach a fair settlement with the insurance company.
We understand that the legal process can often seem complicated under the best of circumstances, never mind after an accident. If you ever have questions about your case, our procedures, or any other legal matter, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers welcomes your call.
Truck Accident Liability
Some truck accidents are the truck driver’s fault. A driver may ignore important driving laws, like the speed limit, or use drugs or alcohol while on the road. Negligent actions such as these could make a truck driver liable for an accident they cause. However, if the truck driver was an employee and working at the time of their accident, the company that employs them may be liable for the accident due to the legal principle of vicarious liability.
Other liable parties in a truck accident case may include:
- Another driver who got in the truck’s way
- A product manufacturer, if a defective auto part, such as like faulty brakes, caused the truck driver to lose control of the vehicle
- A mechanic who incorrectly installed the correct part or installed the wrong part
- A cargo company responsible for improperly loading a truck
- A maintenance company that did not keep the truck or the roadway in good repair, usually a government agency
How to Prove the Liable Party’s Negligence
It might be difficult to decide exactly how the other party acted negligently. However, using our resources and evidence, your lawyer can use four different elements to prove this point, which are:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a responsibility to drive safely on the road.
- Breach of duty: They failed to uphold this standard of care.
- Causation: Their carelessness caused the truck accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You have resulting emotional, physical, and financial damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident and identify the liable party when we represent you. If you believe another party’s negligence caused your accident, we can review how a lawyer can help you during a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Abiding By State Deadlines
You may need to act quickly if you are thinking of seeking damages for your truck accident injuries. CC Art. 3492 limits the time accident victims have to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Louisiana.
In general, the time limit to sue is one year from the date of the accident. If you wait longer than this to take legal action, your lawsuit may be dismissed.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
We can represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no upfront payments necessary. We only collect attorney fees in this arrangement if and when you win your case and recover compensation.
For a free consultation on your truck accident case with one of our team representatives in New Orleans, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777.