Any driver can fall victim to a truck accident. The consequences of these accidents are often life-changing, but help is available. An attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf after a truck accident in New Orleans. We can handle all deadlines, communications, and paperwork in your case when we represent you, giving you time to start putting your life back together.
You can start reviewing your options today during a free, no-obligation case review with a team member. If we take your case, a New Orleans truck accident lawyer from our personal injury firm will represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required.
What It Means For Us To Work On A Contingency-Fee-Basis
There is no need to worry about attorney’s fees when you hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. When you call us, you will receive a free, no-obligation case review. If we decide to work together, you will not have to pay us any retainers, start-up, or upfront costs. Once you receive a financial award for your damages, we will deduct our attorney’s fees from it.
At the beginning of your case, we will let you know what percentage of your compensation we will deduct so there won’t be any surprises at any point. If you don’t get reimbursed, neither will we.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 777-7777
Potentially Recoverable Damages
The value of your total damages depends on several factors, such as:
- The nature of the truck accident
- The severity and type of your resulting injuries
- The effect the accident has had on your overall quality of life
- How the aftermath of the accident has influenced your finances
Damages in a truck accident case may generally be placed into one of just two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages encompass the monetary losses you sustained because of the accident. These losses often include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses: For people who received professional medical treatment for their injuries
- Repair expenses: For people who had to repair or replace their vehicle because of the crash
- Loss of income or benefits: For people whose injuries kept them home from work for any length of time
- Loss of employment: For people who can no longer work or lost their job because of their injuries
Non-economic damages encompass the physical and/or mental losses you sustained from the accident. These losses often include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: For people who experienced physical and/or emotional anguish because of their injuries
- Disability: For people whose physical or mental abilities were affected by their injuries
- Scarring: For people whose injuries will leave large, disfiguring, or painful marks
- Reduced quality of life: For people who have been forced to substantially alter their lifestyle due to pain or limitations caused by their injuries
You May Recover Wrongful Death Damages If You Lost Your Loved One
Alternatively, if you are pursuing compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit, the recoverable damages may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship
- And more
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can identify the damages you may qualify for and figure out what each of your damages may be worth in monetary terms when we represent you.
New Orleans Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 777-7777
Getting Help From Our Truck Accident Attorneys On Your Case
Although you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your own, you may find it easier and less stressful to hire a personal injury lawyer from our team to work on your behalf. An attorney serving New Orleans from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can assist you from the start of your truck accident case to the end. If you hire us, we can provide you with various services, which may include:
- Updating you on the status of your case: You will know what’s going on and will not be left in the dark.
- Investigating the accident: This includes collecting evidence, such as surveillance video and police reports, to help build your case.
- Identifying the liable party: You should be very sure of the at-fault party’s identity before filing a lawsuit. This includes identifying all at-fault parties if more than one individual or organization contributed to the accident.
- Filing essential paperwork: We will file an insurance claim and/or lawsuit on your behalf.
- Communicating with others: You do not have to speak directly with the liable party, their lawyer, or their insurance company. We will communicate on your behalf.
- Negotiating for a settlement: This may involve sitting down with the liable party’s insurance company and fighting for a fair settlement offer.
- Going to trial: We will pursue your case in court if we can’t reach a fair settlement with the insurance company.
We understand that the legal process can often seem complicated under the best of circumstances, let alone after an accident. If you ever have questions about your case, our procedures, or any other legal matter, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers welcomes your call.
Click to contact our New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers today
Experienced Truck Accident Attorney In New Orleans
We have successfully represented hundreds of trucking accident victims throughout New Orleans.
Our firm has a proven track record of success in obtaining large settlements on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys are highly skilled truck accident lawyers who will aggressively advocate on your behalf and fight for justice.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping those who have been injured by another’s negligent actions. We know how devastating an injury can be, especially when it occurs due to someone else’s carelessness. That is why we work hard to make sure that our clients receive every benefit possible under the law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Truck Accident Liability
Some truck accidents are the truck driver’s fault. A driver may ignore important driving laws, like the speed limit, or use drugs or alcohol while on the road. Negligent actions such as these could make a truck driver liable for an accident they cause.
However, suppose the truck driver was an employee and working at the time of their accident. In that case, the company that employs them may be liable for the accident due to the legal principle of vicarious liability.
Other liable parties in a truck accident case may include:
- Another driver who got in the truck’s way
- A product manufacturer, if a defective auto part, such as faulty brakes, caused the truck driver to lose control of their vehicle
- A mechanic who incorrectly installed the correct part or installed the wrong part
- A cargo company responsible for improperly loading a truck
- A maintenance company that did not keep the truck in good repair
- A maintenance company that did not keep the roadway in good repair, or the government agency responsible for hiring that company
How To Prove The Liable Party’s Negligence
It might be difficult to decide exactly how the other party acted negligently. However, your lawyer will need to prove four different elements of negligence, which are:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a responsibility to drive safely on the road.
- Breach of duty: They failed to uphold this standard of care.
- Causation: Their carelessness caused the truck accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You have resulting emotional, physical, and financial damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident and identify the liable party when we represent you. If you believe another party’s negligence caused your accident, we can review how a lawyer can help you during a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Evidence Can Prove Negligence And More
Part of building a persuasive case involves collecting enough evidence to prove that the accident and your injuries happened as you – not the liable party – say they did. Evidence in truck accident cases may come from many sources, including but not limited to:
- Personal testimony: You and those who know you (friends, coworkers, etc.) can talk about how the accident has changed your life and health.
- Expert statements: We frequently partner with medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, economists, and more to confirm various aspects of our client’s stories.
- Video footage: Traffic cams, surveillance cams, and witness cell phones may have captured the accident – including the liable party’s negligent behavior.
- Official reports: The police report concerning the accident contains a wealth of information about the event. Also, if we must investigate the trucking company, inspection reports or past complaints may demonstrate a pattern of negligent behavior.
- Medical documents: Whenever you receive medical treatment for your accident injuries, your provider records your visits in a medical record that can establish the cost and toll of your injuries. Such records can also link your injuries to the accident if you sought treatment promptly after the collision.
Our team can investigate your case to determine the likely sources of evidence and then pursue them for inclusion in your case. Not only can this information prove the at-fault party’s liability, but it can also establish the monetary worth of your case.
Abiding By State Deadlines
You may need to act quickly if you are thinking of seeking damages for your truck accident injuries. CC Art. 3492 limits the time accident victims have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Louisiana, while CC Art. 2315.2 governs wrongful death lawsuits.
In general, the time limit to sue is one year from the date of the accident or the date of death. If you wait longer than this to take legal action, the court may dismiss your lawsuit.
In addition to these official deadlines, it is important to keep the impermanent nature of evidence in mind as you consider starting a case. Many types of evidence are easier to find or more valuable if collected quickly, so it is a good idea to start your case while such materials are still available.
Common Injuries Caused By Truck Accidents
Truck accident victims generally suffer much more severe consequences than people involved in passenger car accidents. The injuries victims endure in commercial truck accidents can be catastrophic. A catastrophic injury is one where the victim is left with physical trauma, temporary or permanent disability, or fatality.
If you were in a big rig accident, a New Orleans truck accident attorney at our firm can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve for injuries like the following:
- Spinal cord injury
- Quadriplegia, paraplegia, or other forms of paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck injury or back injury
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Damaged organs
- Muscle, tendon, ligament sprains, strains, or tears
Knowing What Your Injuries Are Worth Is Crucial To Your Compensation
The severity of truck accident injuries often demands a higher payout than those sustained in smaller motor vehicle crashes. It’s important that you seek the help of a legal professional from our law firm serving New Orleans to accurately assess your injuries and calculate the related damages.
Understanding the merits of your case is crucial to receiving the compensation you deserve and holding the liable party accountable for all they’ve put you through.
If You Were In A Truck Accident, You Are Not Alone
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, large trucks and buses were involved in 2,938 injury crashes and 124 fatal crashes in Louisiana in 2021. These numbers do not include the number of small trucks involved in traffic accidents, nor do they reflect the physical and emotional devastation victims experience.
If you or a loved one was injured in a New Orleans trucking accident, you have a right to pursue compensation from the liable party. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has helped clients recover millions of dollars in past truck accident settlements.
We want to get you the money you deserve for your injuries and pain and suffering–money you need to ease the financial hardships you are likely facing due to your truck accident. Our goal is to help you recover without worry by achieving results for you like the ones we have for previous clients below:
- $2,700,000 settlement for a client who was the victim of an 18-wheeler accident
- $410,000 for a client who was rear-ended by a semi-truck
- $375,000 for a commercial truck accident client who suffered severe back injury
Our Injury Lawyers In New Orleans Provide Compassionate, Attentive Service
Our clients in New Orleans and around the state of Louisiana deserve dignified and caring legal service. Enduring a truck accident or the loss of a loved one is difficult enough. Fighting for fair compensation can seem insurmountable. We want to take that burden off your shoulders.
Client Testimonials On Our Legal Service
Read our testimonials below to see how we’ve done that for our other clients:
“Lark at Laborde did my intake process for losing my loved one in a car accident, and she is awesome. She stayed with me for hours, making sure I was ok. She even cried with me. This is true concern and compassion for a client…I felt their loyalty and commitment to work as best and as hard as they can to help me deal with the loss and recovery process… Lark calls weekly and checks on me. Just an overall great experience from Laborde attorneys and staff.” – Oshanda B.
“Jordan has been great at keeping in contact with me about my case. All my questions were answered. I will use Labored Earles’ injury attorneys if I ever need them again. She was very easy to talk to. She has 2 thumbs up from me.” – Nonie Beaudoin
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
We can represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments necessary. We only collect attorney fees in this arrangement if you win your case and recover fair compensation. If you are looking for a truck accident attorney, look no further.
Specific truck accident cases we handle include:
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Fatigued Truck Drivers Accidents
- Truck Accident Claims
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Truck Driver Negligence
- Catastrophic Injuries
- 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
For a free consultation on your truck accident case with one of our team representatives in New Orleans, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. A lawyer from our firm would be honored to serve you during this challenging time.
Call or text (504) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form