When a moving van and a passenger vehicle collide, the resulting injuries and property damage can be disastrous. If you or someone you love was injured in a moving van accident in New Orleans, a lawyer might be able to help you identify the right party to sue for compensation. You might have a negligence claim or lawsuit against:
- The moving van’s driver
- The moving van’s crew
- The moving company
You might also have a claim against the moving van’s manufacturer if a design flaw or defect in the van or its components led to the accident.
A New Orleans moving van accident lawyer might be able to help you determine the at-fault party or parties and hold them responsible for the accident’s associated costs. Contact the personal injury team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by calling (504) 777-7777 to explore your financial compensation options.
Build Your Personal Injury Claim the Right Way
A personal injury lawsuit takes time to build. It also has a time restriction established by the state. In Louisiana, you generally have one year from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) § 3492. Failing to file your lawsuit on time is risky. Should you fail to file on time, you might not be able to file at all, or your case might get dismissed.
Two additional Louisianan laws might also affect your case. They are:
- CC § 2323: This statute addresses comparative fault. It diminishes any monetary award you might receive from the at-fault driver if they can prove you bear partial responsibility for the collision.
- Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) § 32:398: Filing a crash report after a car accident is always a good idea but is mandatory if anyone involved in the crash is physically or fatally injured or suffers more than $500 in property damage.
If any other laws or legal principles affect your ability to be compensated by the at-fault driver, a member of our team may inform you. One of our goals in handling your personal injury claim or lawsuit is to regularly update you on the progress of your case until a settlement agreement or trial verdict is reached.
For a free legal consultation with a moving van accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 777-7777
Your Case May Entitled You to Compensatory Damages
In New Orleans, a moving van accident that causes physical and property damage may entitle you to receive financial compensation from the at-fault driver. CC § 2315 allows you to sue a liable party to recoup the costs of accident damages. If the at-fault driver’s negligence can be established, you may request payment for:
- Medical care, starting from the treatment you received at the accident scene to the final procedures of your recovery
- Loss of income you experienced due to your injuries preventing you from going back to work
- Property repair or replacement
- Physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
You might want to consider keeping a running list of your injury-related expenses. Medical expenses can be difficult to track when treatments are ongoing or if more than one health care professional or facility bills you for the care you received.
Your lawyer may help you determine the type and amount of damages that may entitle you to compensation. Your lawyer may also be able to establish the cost of the accident and help you fight for the financial compensation you are owed.
New Orleans Moving Van Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 777-7777
Add These Supporting Items to Your Case File
You may need to rely on building a paper trail of your damages to show what happened after the accident. Our team may help you do so by collecting evidence to support your claims. We may request:
- Medical records from each doctor, hospital, and clinic who treated you for any part of your injuries
- Medication records, including all prescriptions and any over-the-counter purchases required for your recovery
- Direct deposit forms, paycheck stubs, tax records, and all other documents that demonstrate your income loss
- Pictures of your injuries and your damaged property from a variety of angles and viewpoints
A New Orleans moving van accident lawyer may request these and other forms of evidence. If you need assistance in obtaining evidence to prove the accident’s financial toll, you may ask your legal team to help you. Contact the personal injury team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by calling (504) 777-7777 to learn more about what we can do for you to build your case.
You Do Not Have to Gather These Items on Your Own
Our personal injury team can help you build your case. In addition to collecting documented evidence, we may also locate and interview witnesses. We may look into numerous resources to gather more evidence to build your case, such as surveillance footage or driving records of the moving van driver or company.
Your lawyer may also be able to provide you with regular updates on your case’s status, carefully evaluate your financial damage, and negotiate a financial payout that covers your expenses. When our team goes to work on your case, you can focus your time and attention on your physical recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a New Orleans Moving Van Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in an accident involving a moving van, you might have the right to claim financial compensation. With our legal team on your side, you may be able to determine the liable party to sue and take appropriate steps toward financial recovery. You do not have to fight for financial compensation on your own.
Contact the personal injury team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by calling (504) 777-7777 today to learn more about how to begin building your case.