When a personal injury results from someone else’s negligence, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries and trauma. Our Abbeville personal injury lawyer wants to help you reclaim your life by pursuing what is rightfully yours under the law.
If you were injured in Abbeville, we can advise you about what to expect in your case. We will examine your case’s details, collect evidence, and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. Our mission is to help you get the proper representation so that you can move forward with life.
How Our Louisiana-Based Firm Handles Personal Injury Lawsuits
Personal injury accidents have the potential to end your way of life as you know it. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers understands the challenges associated with recovering from such an injury. We can help you by managing all aspects of your suit, including the following:
Investigate the Accident
We can strengthen your case by learning everything there is to know about it. This may include:
- Visiting the accident scene
- Taking photos or video, or collecting photos or video from other sources
- Tracking down witnesses
- Requesting documentation
- Engaging in discovery with the liable party (in other words, we can request documentation from them, and they can request documentation from you)
Not only can this investigation tell us who is responsible for your injuries, but it can also help us determine how much money your injuries may be worth. This is crucial to preventing the insurance company from offering less than you deserve.
Seek Fair Compensation
Once our team gathers all possible evidence in your Abbeville case, we can move on to the negotiation stage. This involves:
- Arranging a meeting with the liable party’s insurance company and lawyers
- Presenting the evidence we gathered during our investigation that proves you are due compensatory damages
- Not allowing the insurance company to get away with offering an insufficient, lowball settlement
- Drawing up the settlement agreement once a deal is reached
- Preparing to take your case to trial if the liable party will not pay a fair amount
- Advocating for you at trial, including presenting oral arguments and raising objections if the defendant does not follow the rules
No matter how simple or complicated your case is, our team can help you navigate the legal process and get the money you deserve.
A personal injury attorney from our firm can make sure you do not have to tend to any tedious tasks by yourself, such as:
- Submitting notifications, forms, and other paperwork
- Responding to emails, phone calls, and other communications from the liable party and their representatives
- Court filings, including trial exhibits, motions, and other necessary actions
We can manage all these tasks. You can focus on healing and getting your life back in order.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Abbeville, call (337) 777-7777
Evidence and Damages
If someone’s negligent actions injured you, we will start building your case by collecting evidence. The steps involved in ensuring a strong case include the following:
Proving the Duty of Care
Duty of care means the other party was responsible for your safety and preventing any harm befalling you. For example:
- If you were on someone else’s property, such as in a business setting, they automatically owe you that duty.
- If they were driving a vehicle, they owe it to everyone else on the road to be careful and obey traffic laws.
- Physicians owe their patients competent medical care.
In order to receive compensation after an accident, you must demonstrate that the liable party’s relationship with you involved a duty of care.
Showing Breach of Duty
If someone else’s action led to your injury, they did not fulfill their duty of care toward you. In other words, they were negligent, careless, or malicious rather than thoughtful, cautious, and reasonable.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will prove this breach by collecting relevant evidence from as many sources as possible, including but not limited to:
- Statements from you, your acquaintances, experts, and witnesses
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Photos and/or videos of the accident
- Reports or evidence of previous infractions
Finally, we need to show that the injuries you suffered directly result from the accident or incident. In other words, there must be solid causation. We can investigate the situation and prove the incident caused your injuries, trauma, and pain.
What types of injuries can you receive compensation for? Some of the categories for which you might collect include:
- Medical costs, e.g., medications, assistive devices, surgery, X-rays, and other tests
- Lost wages, e.g., the money you could not earn while recuperating from your injuries
- Future income, e.g., the money you expected to earn but now cannot due to permanent and disabling injuries
- Pain and suffering, e.g., physical pain, emotional trauma, nightmares, inconvenience
- Reduced quality of life, e.g., the inability to take care of yourself or your children, manage household chores, or participate in enjoyable activities
- Disability, e.g., amputation, nerve damage, traumatic brain injury (TBI), or other injuries that will not heal properly or completely
- Property damage, e.g., damage done to your car, bicycle, or other vehicle
Abbeville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
There are many ways people suffer injuries every day, but not all of them are causes for injury cases. A personal injury lawsuit must be the result of someone’s negligence, carelessness, or maliciousness.
Examples of personal injury cases include:
- Car accidents: According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), speeding, drinking alcohol, and other preventable behaviors cause most fatal car accidents. When a driver breaks the traffic laws or is negligent, they must be held accountable.
- Other vehicular accidents: If you were hit by a truck while on the road or by a boat while in the water, you could have a personal injury case on your hands.
- Dog bites: Dog owners who do not keep a known vicious dog under control should be held responsible if their dog attacks someone for no reason.
- Medical malpractice: According to a report from Johns Hopkins University (JHU), physician errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States. Such injuries may be caused by misdiagnosis, incorrect treatments and tests, and more.
- Slip and fall accidents: Businesses and residential owners must take care not to allow their property to become hazardous to others. If someone slips and falls on their property, then the owner could be held responsible.
The personal injury lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers serve Abbeville and other locations throughout Louisiana. We will help you obtain compensation for your losses, no matter what kind of accident you suffered. We can also represent you in a wrongful death case if your loved one did not survive their injury.
Click to contact our Injury Claims We Represent in Lafayette, LA today
Seeking Assistance from Our Firm
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, an Abbeville personal injury lawyer is ready to help you with your case. We are here to provide advice and a helping hand. Take the next step today by obtaining a free, no-obligation case consultation.
We do not charge you any attorney’s fees unless and until we reach a fair settlement or receive a court award. Call our office at (337) 777-7777 for more information.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form