Any time someone has a personal injury accident, it has the potential to bring severe consequences. The results of any type of accident can be traumatizing. Whether it was a severe incident or something even minor, this incident can be quite frustrating. Some people feel fearful after an accident and may have nightmares, flashbacks, or panic attacks, depending on the extent of the situation. When a personal injury is the result of someone else’s negligence, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries and trauma.
At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we help you reclaim your life back again by pursuing what is rightfully yours under the law. We examine the details of your case, collect evidence, and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. Our mission is to help you get the proper representation so that you can move forward with life.
Begin seeking the help of an Abbeville personal injury lawyer at the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. We will advise you upfront about what you can expect in your case. We do not charge any fees unless we can reach a fair settlement agreement. Get in touch for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will go over the details of your case when you call our office today at (337) 777-7777.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are a wide variety of ways people suffer injuries every day, but not all of them are a cause for personal injury claims. A personal injury claim must be the result of someone’s negligence, carelessness, or maliciousness.
Here are a few different personal injury examples:
- Car accidents: car accidents are probably the most familiar to people. That is because about 6 million car accidents occur yearly, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III). When a driver breaks the traffic laws or is negligent, then they must be held accountable.
- Dog bite cases: dog owners who do not keep a known vicious dog under control will be held liable if that dog ends up biting someone.
- Medical malpractice injuries: you expect your physician to care for you not to harm you, but when they make mistakes, you can get injured. According to a report from Johns Hopkins University (JHU), physician errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States.
- Slip and fall injuries: businesses and residential owners must take care not to allow their property to become hazardous to others. If someone slips and falls on their property, then they can be held responsible.
- Defamation cases: defamation is when your character, reputation, or name is damaged by what someone says, writes, or does. This damage is often done out of malice. You can sue for personal injury if this occurs.
At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, an Abbeville personal injury lawyer can help you obtain compensation for your losses. We offer a free review of your case and work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay until you receive a negotiated settlement or court award. Contact us at (337) 777-7777 to discuss your case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Abbeville, call (337) 777-7777
Evidence and Damages
If someone’s negligent actions injured you, an Abbeville personal injury lawyer will start building your case by collecting evidence. The steps involved in ensuring a strong case include:
Prove Duty of Care
Duty of care means that the other party was responsible for your safety and care, to prevent any harm befalling you. If you were on their property, such as in a business setting, they automatically owe you that duty. If they were driving a vehicle, they owe everyone else on the road that duty of care. Physicians owe their patients the duty of care.
Show Breach of Duty
This part involves proving the other person broke that duty of care they owed you. In other words, they were negligent, careless, or malicious. An Abbeville personal injury Lawyer can help show this breach. They will collect relevant evidence to prove the case. Some of the places they may gather information from include:
- Statements of the incident from you and other eyewitnesses
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Photos and/or videos obtained that reflect the accident
Finally, the lawyer will need to show that the injuries you suffered are a direct result of the accident or incident. In other words, there must be solid causation. Your lawyer will investigate the situation and prove that the incident caused your injuries, trauma, and pain.
Once your lawyer gathers all the evidence and has a solid case, they can move on to the negotiation stage. You can recover damages for various things. Some of the categories for which you might collect include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Future income, if applicable
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Other damages
Abbeville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Seek Assistance from a Lawyer
Hiring an Abbeville personal injury lawyer to represent you can be the first step in ensuring your rights. You want to make sure you find a lawyer you can trust and one that has your interests at heart. A good lawyer will apply their skills in negotiating before taking any case to trial. This will be helpful in avoiding any courtroom drama. Yet, a good attorney is always prepared to go to trial if necessary.
An Abbeville personal injury lawyer makes sure you do not have to tend to any of the tedious tasks, such as paperwork, emails, communication, and court filings. These will all be managed professionally by your lawyer. You can focus on healing and getting your life back in order.
At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, an Abbeville personal injury lawyer is ready to help you with this situation. We are here to provide advice and a helping hand. Take the next steps today by obtaining a free no-obligation case consultation. We do not charge you any attorney’s fees until we reach a fair settlement or receive a court award. Call the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 for more information.