Personal injury law, sometimes referred to as tort law, allows people who were injured due to another party’s negligence to demand compensation for the losses they suffered. An individual can often go about this by either filing an insurance claim or bringing a personal injury lawsuit forward.
If you live in Marrero, Louisiana, you can call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 and hire one of our Marrero personal injury lawyers to work on your claim or lawsuit. Your initial consultation is free. Continue reading to learn more about how our team may be able to help you.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Takes Care of Your Case Each Step of the Way
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we begin helping our clients from the first time they call us. Our role involves guiding you throughout the legal process of filing a claim or lawsuit, which can involve multiple steps. Whether you are in a condition to participate in your case or not, we can manage your case for you and inform you of its progress.
For a sample list of services we offer in managing your case, we do the following:
- Review documents and other evidence you are able to provide
- Investigate to determine liable parties and retrieve additional evidence
- Communicate with insurance companies and other attorneys on your behalf
- Prepare and submit paperwork to move your case forward
- Negotiate a potential settlement for you
- Represent you in court if you decide to file a lawsuit
Note that most cases do not make it to court and settle before that point (as the American Bar Association (ABA) affirms).
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Marrero, call (337) 777-7777
Our Legal Team Can Estimate the Value of Your Case
All personal injury cases have a unique value attached to them. Many variables help determine how much compensation an individual qualifies to collect for their injuries. These include:
- The length and type of medical treatment the individual needs
- The individual’s employment
- The individual’s personal relationships and familial role
- The individual’s debts before and after the accident
Your legal team will work with you to determine the overall effect of your injuries on your life, dividing your losses into two categories: economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses are strictly financial expenses related to the accident. These losses can refer to money you had to spend to address accident-related injuries, but they can also refer to debts and potential losses. Economic damages can involve:
- Medical care costs
- Wages you lost due to your injuries
- Wages you will lose in the future because of your injuries
- Property damage values
- Services you would not have had to pay for if you were not injured, such as housekeeping or assisted living services
Non-economic losses are more general, so they do not have a financial value attached to them immediately. These losses refer to the emotional, physical, and mental injuries you incurred from the accident and can involve:
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Be Honest About ALL Your Damages
As you work with a Marrero personal injury lawyer from our firm, our team will ask about the aftereffects of your accident to assess the extent of your damages. We also encourage you to notify your lawyer about new updates in your personal situation, whether that means needing new medical treatment or facing other hardships in your life.
When calculating your damages, we want to be as accurate as possible and factor in every future expense you might have to face. In doing so, we aim to prevent you from accepting a settlement or receiving an award that does not meet your financial needs, putting you at a disadvantage later.
Start the damage calculation process today by calling Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. Take advantage of our free consultation and provide us with as much information as you can. We want to help you get the compensation you need.
Marrero Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We Work in Several Areas of Personal Injury Law
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our team has handled cases in the following areas of personal injury law:
- Passenger vehicle accidents
- Truck and other commercial vehicle accidents
- Product liability, which refers to cases involving defective products
- Pharmaceutical and medical devices cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Toxic tort cases, which are cases regarding exposure to toxic chemicals or dangerous substances
- Maritime accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability, which are cases involving injuries on public or private property
- Dog bites
In the event that the injured party passes away from their injuries, qualifying family members may file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on behalf of their loved one (per CC Art. 2315.2).
Wrongful death cases act similarly to personal injury cases, but they may also feature losses that the decedent’s family experienced because of the death. This means other compensable damages may be available, such as funeral costs. If you would like more information about wrongful death cases, feel free to call us at the number down below.
Click to contact our Marrero Personal Injury Lawyers today
A Marrero Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm Wants to Represent You
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is a personal injury law firm that serves clients throughout Louisiana, including Marrero and surrounding cities in the New Orleans metropolitan area. If you live in Marrero and are seeking a personal injury attorney to help you with your case, call our law firm for a free consultation.
When you call (504) 777-7777, a representative of our firm will listen to the details of your case and determine how we may be able to help you in your efforts to recover damages. We can assign one of our lawyers who knows the relevant laws and can guide you throughout your journey. Call today.