If you were hurt in a collision between your bicycle and a car, you might be juggling medical bills, time missed from work, and financial uncertainty. If another party’s negligence caused your accident, you might be able to hold them financially responsible for your damages.
You do not have to navigate the legal process on your own. A bicycle accident lawyer in New Orleans from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to manage all aspects of your case when we represent you. For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call us today.
We can Start Working on Your Case at no Cost to You
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to represent you on a contingency fee basis with no upfront payments required to start. In this arrangement, you do not pay us our attorney’s fees unless you win your case. We also take payment for our help from your settlement, meaning that you do not have to pay for a lawyer out of your own funds.
We have recovered millions of dollars for claimants in New Orleans. We will put our consultants and legal team to work for you.
You Have a Year to File Your Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in New Orleans
We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible after your accident. CC §3492 sets a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. If this time limit expires before you take legal action, you could lose your ability to recover compensation via a lawsuit.
Recoverable Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
Depending on the nature of your accident, damages in a bicycle accident case may include:
- Current and future lost wages
- Current and future costs of medical care
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capability
- Disability, scarring, disfigurement, and impaired quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one lost their life in a New Orleans bicycle accident, you might be able to pursue a different set of damages through a wrongful death case. Examples of these damages include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- End-of-life medical care
- Lost wages
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
A bicycle accident lawyer in New Orleans can manage all evidence gathering and legal work in your case. We can also answer your questions, give you legal advice, and keep you updated while you focus on your recovery.
How Our Legal Team can Help You Prove Your Case
Recovering compensation for you and your loved ones is our top priority. We do not want you to stress about the legal process with us on your side. Let us handle everything.
We can Help You Gather Evidence to Prove Your Case
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can collect all accident and injury-related evidence when we represent you. This evidence may include:
- Medical records and bills that substantiate the physical and financial extent of your injuries
- Pictures of your injuries, your damaged or destroyed bicycle, and the at-fault driver’s vehicle, if possible
- Direct deposit receipts, paycheck stubs, and other documents that prove the amount of your income loss
- Traffic camera, residential, and video footage of the accident or its aftermath
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
We can Request and Review the Accident Report for You
We can examine your crash report. If you lost consciousness due to your injuries or if they impaired your memory in any way, the details captured in the official crash report may tell the story of the accident.
The crash report in your case could contain the following:
- The contact information of the at-fault driver
- The contact information of his insurer
- The contact information of any witnesses
- The accident’s date, time, and location
- Road and weather conditions
- Primary and secondary crash factors
Your crash report may also contain the investigating officer’s accident narrative and any citations issued at the scene of the accident. Our team may be able to use this information to build your compensation claim.
We can Help You File Your Insurance Claim
After reviewing your case’s evidence, we can file your claim with the liable insurer. In Louisiana, this would likely be the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. When filing your claim, we will:
- Fill out all necessary paperwork
- Read the liable policy
- Present the cost of your damages in a demand letter
- Negotiate a settlement
- Handle all communications
- Keep you updated on your case’s progression
We can Represent Your Case in Civil Court
Most bicycle accident cases don’t go to court, per the American Bar Association (ABA). That is because a majority of these claims are resolved through insurance settlements or mediation. We will usually only file a lawsuit if the insurance company doesn’t agree to a settlement.
In that case, we can:
- File your case before the statute of limitations expires (if time permits)
- Present an argument in court
- Show evidence to the judge/jury
- Communicate with the other side’s legal team
- Establish what laws apply to your case
- Prove negligence and liability
Call the Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Case Review
Whether you are filing a personal injury or a wrongful death case, our bicycle accident team in New Orleans can help you pursue compensation from the responsible party.
Call to reach our staff today. We offer free, no-obligation consultations to bicycle accident victims in New Orleans.