At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we understand that recovering from a truck accident is a long and difficult journey. Your life may never return to normal, especially if you lost a loved one as a result of the accident.
Monetary compensation can help you pay bills and support your family, and a New Orleans semi-truck accident lawyer can help make the legal process much easier for you. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 to find out more.
Why Semi-Truck Accidents Happen
After an accident, you might be wondering how such a thing could happen. Even if you have a clear recollection of the accident, you might not have the complete picture. Investigations by the police and your attorney (should you choose to retain one) may uncover the accident’s true causes. These causes may include:
- Distracted driving: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reports that distracted driving was responsible for 400,000 injuries and over 2,800 deaths in 2018 alone. While distractions can take many forms, some of the most pervasive distractions are cellphones and other electronic devices. Per the Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) § 32:300.5, it is illegal to use any device to text or check social media while driving.
- Drowsy driving: As outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), truck drivers are bound by a strict set of guidelines that regulate their working hours and break times. Ignoring these rules, whether by the driver’s own volition or from being under pressure from an employer, can leave a driver too tired to operate safely.
- Disregarding driving laws: Because of a truck’s large size and heavy load, it is important that truck drivers obey all road rules, including following speed limits and obeying traffic signals.
Other reasons why truck accidents occur include:
- Poor maintenance: The company employed to maintain and repair the trucks missed a critical flaw, either by accident or through negligence.
- Poor manufacturing: One of the semi-truck’s parts was defective and malfunctioned at the time of the accident.
- The environment: There was a dangerous object on the roadway, or the weather was bad enough to inhibit visibility.
Truck accidents can have many causes. Regardless of how your accident happened, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation. Our New Orleans office is ready and willing to take your call. Contact us today at (504) 777-7777 for a free case assessment. We charge you no attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (337) 777-7777
Pursuing Compensation May Help Cover Your Losses
How many ways has the semi-truck accident affected your life? To make sure you get the compensation you need, you can sit down with a lawyer and create a list of the physical, mental, and financial damages you suffered related to the accident. Your lawyer may then work with you to assign a corresponding dollar amount to each of your losses.
For Physical and Emotional Harm
Noneconomic damages reflect the physical and/or mental consequences of the crash. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering – physical and emotional distress caused by your injuries or the accident itself
- Disability – the loss or loss of use of any body part or function
- Scarring – the visible or painful marks left by your injuries
- Loss of society or companionship – you are struggling to cope without your deceased loved one’s presence and support
For Financial Harm
Economic damages reflect the financial losses you incurred because of the crash. These damages may include:
- Repair expenses – the money you spent fixing or replacing your vehicle
- Medical expenses – the money you spent on medical treatments for your accident injuries
- Loss of wages – the salary you could not earn while you were convalescing
- Loss of financial support – the salary your loved one would have earned over the course of their career had they lived
New Orleans Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
Bringing a lawsuit is an intimidating prospect, especially if you have not yet recovered from your accident injuries. Instead of struggling through the process alone, consider hiring a New Orleans semi-truck accident lawyer. They can assume all legal responsibilities in your lawsuit so that you have one less thing to worry about. Also, with us, you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees right away. We work on a contingency fee basis, so our payment will come out of any compensation we help you recover.
Among the tasks Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can accomplish on your behalf are:
- Identifying liable parties: We may investigate your case and find all available proof of the liable party’s guilt. We may even be able to identify more than one liable party liable for your damages.
- Deciding on damages: We can help you figure out what your damages are and how much you might be entitled to receive because of them.
- Filing forms: While it is not the most exciting of legal tasks, filling out all forms correctly and on time is crucial.
- Communicating with others: If the liable party or their representatives want to speak with you, they can do it through us.
- Fighting for compensation: Sometimes, we are able to reach a satisfactory settlement with the insurance company. Other times, we have to go to trial and convince a jury to award you damages. Either way, we are ready and willing to fight to the end.
A New Orleans semi-truck accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you at every stage of your lawsuit. As soon as you are able, call us at (504) 777-7777. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin fighting for your rights.