Were you injured in an accident with a big rig in New Orleans? Did your loved one pass away in this type of collision? If so, a New Orleans big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation for any and all accident-related damages. Our firm helps clients file insurance claims and lawsuits in both personal injury and wrongful death cases.
For a free consultation with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. We represent qualifying clients on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required.
How our Team of Experienced Attorneys Builds a Strong Personal Injury Claim
When you have been injured in a big rig truck accident, the physical recovery process can be costly and extensive. It might require the majority of your time and attention. While you focus on healing, our team can focus on filing a compensation claim or lawsuit.
When you work with a New Orleans big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we may be able to:
- Respond to questions and issues in a timely manner
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Listen to your recollection of the circumstances of the accident
- Examine the evidence and conduct our own investigation
- Read and review the crash report and medical records
- Review medical bills and salary history to assign a value to your claim
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Determine the role of negligence in the accident
- Obtain and complete insurance forms and negotiate for a settlement
- Take your case to trial if the responsible party’s insurance company is unwilling to make a fair settlement offer
- Help you make legal decisions, such as when to settle and when to go to court
We can take your case on a contingency-fee-basis. We do not collect payment for our labor unless and until you recover compensation in a settlement offer or court award.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 766-3527
Potentially Recoverable Damages After a Big Rig Accident
A big rig accident can result in short-term and long-term financial expenses and losses. It can also have a serious impact on the victims’ physical and mental health. In general, the potentially recoverable damages in a personal injury case may include:
- Past and future medical care
- Past and future lost wages
- Property damage or destruction
- Attorney’s fees
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Permanent and temporary disability
For a wrongful death claim, the potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Accident-related medical care your loved one received before death
- Physical or mental suffering your loved one experienced before death
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of society or companionship
- Loss of your loved one’s income
How do you Determine a Case’s Value?
One of our jobs is to figure out exactly how much money the liable party’s insurance company should pay in compensation. This amount varies from case to case. In past big rig truck accident cases, we have helped clients recover millions of dollars.
To persuade the insurance company to pay fair compensation, we can collect corroborating evidence from:
- Your statement
- Police reports
- Inspection reports
- Medical records
- Photos or video footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert testimony
New Orleans Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (504) 766-3527
Do not wait to Take Legal Action in Your Case
Per CC §3492, Louisiana imposes a general one-year statute of limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. Failing to act before the statutory deadline expires can be risky. It may mean:
- You inadvertently surrender your ability to hold the at-fault driver responsible for their actions via a lawsuit
- We have less time to gather crucial evidence from eyewitnesses and expert witnesses
- Important documentary evidence, such as footage from security cameras, is destroyed before we can use it to strengthen your case
In most cases, we first attempt to resolve a case by negotiating for a settlement with the responsible party’s insurance company. However, if this is not possible, it is important to retain your right to sue so that we can take your case to trial and present our evidence to a judge or a jury.
Because of Louisiana’s deadline to sue, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages all prospective clients to contact us as soon as possible. For a free consultation with a member of our team, call our New Orleans office today.
Common Big Rig Truck Accident Causes that You Can Sue For
Uncovering the cause of the accident that led to your injuries can help us prove negligence, recklessness, or carelessness. This proof may be essential to your getting compensation, so our team can work hard to get to the root of the accident.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that the following factors may cause or contribute to large truck collisions:
- Brake issues
- Unfamiliar roads
- Road conditions
- Drug and alcohol use
- Driver fatigue
- Driver inattention
- Distracted driving
Other possible big rig truck accident causes include:
- Mechanical failures
- Shifting cargo
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate the accident and identify both the liable party and the most likely accident cause(s).
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Responsive Legal Care After a Big Rig Accident with One of Our Attorneys
If you were hurt in a big rig accident in New Orleans, you might have a claim against the at-fault driver, their employer, or another liable party. While you recuperate from the accident, a New Orleans big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to fight for compensation on your behalf.
You do not have to pursue financial recovery without help. Contact the personal injury team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by calling our New Orleans office. We offer a free, no-obligation case review to New Orleans truck accident victims.