Accidents with a commercial truck can cause much more devastating personal injuries than a typical passenger car wreck because of the massive weight of these large vehicles. Truck crashes with severe injuries can involve high dollar liability claims, with insurers and legal experts ready to defend the responsible party.
You should not have to fight a billion-dollar insurance corporation by yourself, particularly when you are trying to recuperate from your injuries. A Jefferson Island truck accident lawyer can help.
You can call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation. There is no obligation. When we handle your injury claim, you can devote your attention to getting better.
Important Steps to Take After a Being Injured in a Truck Crash
The steps you take after a truck wreck can affect how much compensation you can collect for your losses. Understanding your legal rights and knowing what to expect from the process itself can be an invaluable resource.
Get Medical Attention Right Away
Wounds typically heal better after receiving prompt medical care. Infection is less likely to set in if your injuries get cleaned and dressed correctly. Bones are less likely to go out of alignment after a fracture if addressed right away.
Sometimes it can take hours or days for symptoms to alert you to the existence of an injury. You could have a brain bleed and not realize it until you are in critical condition. You should get a thorough examination after a significant truck crash, even if you do not notice anything outstanding.
If you delay in seeking medical attention, the at-fault driver may accuse you of getting hurt from something else, not the truck accident. We will use your medical records to link your wounds to the wreck. Getting an examination and treatment right after the collision will strengthen your case for compensation.
Work with an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
When you work with a personal injury attorney from the beginning, you can make sure your case starts on the right foot. We can help you avoid the pitfalls and traps that the insurance company’s adjuster might set for you.
The insurance company’s goal may be to save themselves money by either denying your claim or paying as little as possible. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we work tirelessly to provide services needed to promote a favorable outcome.
You can call a Jefferson Island truck accident lawyer today at (337) 777-7777 to get started. We do not charge for the initial consultation.
Do Not Mention or Post Pictures of your Accident to Social Media
As part of negotiating a settlement, insurance adjusters may go through the social media profiles of injury accident victims to downplay their injuries. We recommend that while you are involved in this legal process that you keep the details of your collision private. Any innocent comment or photo can plant the seed of doubt in others about the legitimacy of your personal injuries. For example, if you post a picture of yourself at a sporting event and then later say that you suffered injuries that limit your mobility, this can work against you.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Jefferson Island, call (337) 777-7777
Legal Remedies Awarded Through a Personal Injury Lawsuit
People who get hurt in trucking accidents often have both economic and non-economic losses as a result. Economic losses, like doctor’s visits and lost wages, typically have a paper trail that makes it easy to measure those items in dollars.
These can include:
- Medical expenses. This category includes things like the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, blood tests, hospital, diagnostic procedures, surgery, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- Long-term care. After suffering catastrophic harm, like a spinal cord injury that leaves the patient paralyzed, it might be necessary for the injured person to stay in a center that provides long-term, round-the-clock, skilled care.
- Lost wages. If you missed work because of your injuries and did not get some or any of your income during that time, you may be able to recover that loss. This category can include salary, wages, self-employment, and other types of regular income.
- Diminished earning capacity. When you return to your job, you might need to work reduced hours or switch to a less demanding job because of your injuries. The difference in your income can be compensable.
- Disability. Life-changing injuries can leave a person unable to work at all. In this situation, the claim can include the loss of income.
Noneconomic losses include items that do not have a tangible value. Typically, the greater your injuries, the more you will receive for these types of damages.
They can include:
Pain and suffering. This is classified as a non-economic loss that accounts for the physical discomfort and psychological distress you endured because of your injuries.
- Loss of consortium. This refers to the loss of guidance or companionship following an accident. For example, if a spouse is left completely paralyzed as the result of a collision, this can qualify under this type of loss.
- Wrongful death. If a close relative died because of a trucking accident, we can help the family pursue additional compensation for their losses from their passing.
Following your accident, you may seek additional damages based on the nuances of your situation.
Jefferson Island Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney to Pursue Compensation You Deserve
If you got hurt in a truck accident in Jefferson Island, a professional at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you pursue the money damages that you deserve. Our personal injury law firm dedicates itself to assisting people in rebuilding their lives after getting injured because of someone else’s carelessness.
You do not have to pay any upfront legal fees for us to help you. Our fees come out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of the matter.
We can evaluate your claim at no cost to you. You do not have to handle your personal injury claim and battle the insurance company on your own. We can have your back while you rest and recuperate.
The initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation. You can call us today at (337) 777-7777 to get the help you need.