When someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or carelessness causes an accident in Forest Hill, Louisiana, they can be held financially responsible for the resulting financial consequences. Were you or a loved one hurt in a car, slip and fall, or other negligence-based accident? We can help. Our Forest Hill personal injury lawyer can review your situation and seek to prove the cause of your injuries by building a solid case with evidence, proof of liability and negligence, and more.
We also ensure your case complies with all Louisiana personal injury laws. You are never alone in building your compensation case or seeking appropriate financial recovery. Leave the details to us. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you need and deserve. We can speak with you more about your injury today during a free consultation with our team.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas in Forest Hill, LA
Our Louisiana-based law firm’s staff collectively has more than 350 years of legal experience that we use to help our clients. We also have recovered more than $200 million in compensation for our clients. We offer free case reviews that allow us to review your case’s details and let you get to know our legal team. We are passionate about recovering insurance settlements or court-ordered awards for clients injured in any of the following:
- Car accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective devices
- Dog bite injuries
- Maritime injuries
- Mass torts
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Zantac cancer
- Camp Lejeune water contamination
Filing Deadlines for Injury Cases in Louisiana
When we review your case, we explain what personal injury damages are and how we can recover them for you. We also explain the state’s statute of limitations that governs your case since we must comply with state laws. Accordingly:
- You generally have only one year to file a personal injury lawsuit in Louisiana, according to CC Art. 3492. The statutory clock starts running on the date of the accident.
- If a loved one was fatally injured, you generally have the same one-year filing time, according to CC Art. 2315.2. The statutory clock starts on the date of your loved one’s demise.
If the statute of limitations expires, you could unintentionally forfeit your ability to file your lawsuit. Our Forest Hill personal injury lawyer will meet your case’s filing deadline, removing the costly consequences of filing too late. When we handle this matter, it means you have one less thing to worry about as you recover from your injuries.
Economic damages after an accident include costs and expenses that have or will come out of your pocket. They usually have bills and receipts that prove their costs and include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or total loss
- Diminished property value
Our personal injury lawyers in Forest Hill, LA, will collect the evidence of these expenses for you so you can focus on getting better.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Recoverable Damages in a Forest Hill Injury Case
Our injury lawyer will review your situation and advise you of all losses you can recover with a compensation case against the liable party in your Forest Hill accident or incident. These may include:
Non-economic damages can be more challenging to assign a value to on your own. These losses do not have receipts and bills, but we can use supportive documents to measure their impact on your life. Non-economic damages include:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We can collect your physical and mental health care records and written prognosis to document the value of your non-financial damages.
Wrongful Death Compensation
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury because of someone else’s negligence in a Forest Hill accident or incident, our personal injury lawyers in Forest Hill, LA, can help you recover awards under a wrongful death action. These include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The decedent’s final medical bills
- Loss of financial contributions
- Loss of domestic assistance
- Loss of consortium and society
- Loss of parental guidance
While the loss of a loved one can affect all of their loved ones, Louisiana law identifies specific family members who can recover damages. In most cases, the decedent’s parents, spouse, and children are eligible for these awards. Our personal injury attorneys in Forest Hill, LA, will ensure the appropriate party files the wrongful death action. We can also offer further guidance about wrongful death actions and how they work in Louisiana.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Our Legal Team Will Prove How Negligence Caused Your Injuries in Forest Hill
When our personal injury attorneys handle your case, we listen to your version of events before we do anything else. We will ask questions and glean details that allow us to identify the at-fault party and prove their negligence. To establish negligence, we prove the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their responsibility
- Caused your accident and injuries
- Caused financial consequences that you should be compensated fo
You can leave proof of negligence to our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We will also handle evidence collection on your behalf so you can focus on getting better.
Evidence We Collect to Prove Your Personal Injury Case
Your evidence will tell the story of your accident and the impact of your injuries. The evidence file we assemble for you will include:
- Medical records and bills that prove the cause of your injuries and their treatment costs
- Salary history records that prove the value of your lost income if your injuries prevented you from working
- Police, incident, accident, and animal control reports that contain important details and information
- Accident scene and injury photos and security and surveillance videos
- Statements from witnesses and expert witnesses that support your right to receive damages
Most personal injury cases settle out of court based on the weight of the evidence. An investigation by our personal injury attorneys in Forest Hill, LA, could lead to a settlement versus a lengthy trial, but if not, we are ready to seek your recovery in court.
See Why Personal Injury Clients Recommend Our Legal Service and Support
When clients we helped in the past share their experiences, they talk about our commitment to their legal care and support. Our history of five-star reviews includes the following:
- Danielle Lott: I had a very positive experience with Laborde Earles. They provided excellent service, demonstrating professionalism and personal attention to detail. My paralegal, Kimberly, is smart, realistic, efficient, pleasant, and very personable: all the qualities you want. I will recommend to my family and friends.
- James Hutto: They treated me like family from the moment I walked in and have taken the stress of a life changing situation for me and my family and made me feel like they are truly on my side…Thank You…We are so grateful.
Our personal injury attorney serving Forest Hill, LA, will fight as hard for you. Our goal is to obtain the best possible outcome for you and your family.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Call Us 24/7 for a Free Consultation – Our Forest Hill Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Were you or someone you love injured by someone else’s negligence? Our personal injury lawyers serving the Forest Hill area in Louisiana can help you fight for financial compensation.
During your free consultation, we can explain more about the services our Forest Hill personal injury lawyer provides. Call our consultation team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. We are ready to start working for you.