Louisiana’s tort system allows personal injury victims to recover compensation for their damages due to another person’s negligence. Therefore, if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or any other type of injury incident in Maxie, LA, you can seek monetary relief through a claim or lawsuit.
The Maxie personal injury lawyers from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers want to fight for you after someone else’s reckless or careless actions disrupted your life. When we represent you, our firm fronts the cost of investigating and building your case so you can focus on healing. We can discuss your legal rights and options today during a free consultation.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Guide You Through the Legal Process in Maxie
Our services span every aspect of the claims process, from investigating the incident that caused your injuries to presenting your case to a jury. You can leave everything to us and pay nothing unless we deliver compensation from the liable party.
The Proof is in Our Client Reviews
With over 400 reviews on Google, our firm has maintained an average rating of five stars throughout our many years serving Louisiana. We take pride in offering 5-star services to those we represent, resulting in reviews like these:
- “They treated me like family from the moment I walked in and has taken the stress of a life changing situation for me and my family and made me feel like they are truly on my side. I appreciate the hard work these ladies have demonstrated in the past few days and highly recommend these ladies and this firm.” – James Hutto
- “They helped me when the other party’s insurance wouldn’t answer my calls! They got the job done and efficiently!” Lacey Mcdonald
You can expect the same level of professionalism and compassion when you choose our team for your personal injury case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Maxie, call (337) 777-7777
We Represent Clients in Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
Our attorneys proudly represent clients in Maxie, Acadia Parish, and the surrounding areas who were injured in any of the following scenarios:
Car Accidents in Maxie
If you were injured because of another driver’s negligence, you may have the right to compensation. Examples of negligence in car accident cases can include:
- Texting while driving
- Running red lights
- Failing to yield
- Not keeping a proper lookout
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
Passenger cars are not the only vehicles you need to worry about on the road, which is why our team also handles truck collisions.
Commercial truck drivers travel many miles in vehicles that weigh several tons. These factors can significantly increase the risk of a collision, as drivers must maintain a certain level of skill and attention while battling stress and fatigue on the road.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is the regulatory agency that oversees the trucking industry. It publishes regulations that truck drivers must follow, including:
- Rules about how long they can drive in a day and in between breaks
- How to maintain commercial trucks
- How to load and secure cargo on commercial trucks
- When they must submit to drug and alcohol tests
- What type of background check employers must conduct before hiring truck drivers
When someone ignores these rules and a truck accident results, the trucking company (and others) may be legally liable for the damages victims suffer.
Maritime Injuries in Louisiana
Maritime workers are one of the few groups of workers not covered by the traditional workers’ compensation system. Instead, they can seek coverage under 46 U.S.C. 30104, better known as the “Jones Act.”
Under this law, maritime workers must show that their employer was negligent to receive compensation. Those who can establish negligence could collect compensation for their medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Dog bites can lead to serious injuries, including:
- Severe lacerations that could develop infections
- Facial injuries requiring multiple cosmetic surgeries
- Emotional trauma that lasts for years
Children and elderly individuals make up a high proportion of dog bite cases. While anyone can suffer injuries in an animal attack, these parties may be more susceptible to serious harm. Our attorneys could help you hold the negligent owner accountable.
When property owners fail to maintain safe premises, they could be financially responsible if a visitor suffers injuries as a result. For example, slip and falls are common in premises liability cases. They usually involve the following circumstances:
- A hazard was on the floor, such as spilled food or liquid.
- The property owner knew (or should have known) about the hazard but failed to take reasonable care to identify and resolve it.
- Someone slipped and fell because of the hazard and suffered recoverable damages.
We know what it takes to build a prove a premises liability case against a negligent property owner or manager.
Manufacturers, designers, and others involved in developing and selling products can be liable if they sell dangerous or toxic items to consumers. When they suffered harm while using a product as directed, victims could file a claim or lawsuit for various damages. Depending on the circumstances, victims could claim that the liable party:
- Knew or should have known about the defect or hazardous nature of the product
- Failed to warn consumers of the possibility of harm
- Failed to conduct proper testing of the product before releasing it to the public
Often, product liability cases involve defective pharmaceuticals or medical devices, which can cause serious injury or death. For example, the failure to identify dangerous side effects or warn of possible adverse reactions when combined with another common drug can lead to a product liability claim.
If a dangerous drug or device harmed you or a loved one, our Maxie personal injury lawyers can help you fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Mass torts involve a series of similar claims against a common defendant. If you and others were harmed because of one company’s negligence, you may be able to join together to file a mass tort claim.
Sadly, many companies are aware of problems with their products and still sell them to unwitting consumers whose health ends up compromised. We will fight for justice for you and your loved ones.
When fatal injuries occur because of negligence, CC Art. 2315.2 allows certain surviving family members to pursue compensation. You could recover the economic and non-economic losses your family has suffered due to the untimely death. However, you only have one year to file this type of claim, so we ask that you contact us promptly to get started.
Maxie Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one suffered harm because of another person or entity’s negligent behavior in Maxie, the personal injury lawyers from Laborde Earles Injury are here to help. Receive your free case consultation by calling us at (337) 777-7777.