If you were injured because of another party’s negligent or careless behavior, you might have a right to compensation for the damages you sustained under Louisiana’s personal injury law.
A Crowley personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you build a case for compensation from an at-fault party. You can discuss the circumstances surrounding your case with a member of our team, who can also explain your legal rights and options. We provide free consultations to prospective clients in Crowley, Lafayette, Alexandria, and surrounding areas in Louisiana.
How Our Team Can Help You
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we take pride in being able to help clients recover compensation for accidents that never should have happened. We can put your mind at ease and allow you to spend more time recuperating with your family by:
- Evaluating your case: At no charge or obligation, we help everyone who calls our office figure out if they have a case. One of our personal injury attorneys can then determine the financial value of your case.
- Collecting evidence: The more evidence we are able to find, the easier it may be to persuade the insurance company that their client was at fault and that you deserve compensation.
- Answering your questions: Should you settle now or hold out for a jury award? What state laws pertain to your case? We can address these types of questions in a timely, informative way.
- Negotiating a fair settlement: The insurance company may not offer what you deserve right away. Instead, let us protect your interests by meeting with them and pressuring them to pay an appropriate amount.
- Going to trial: If the insurance company refuses to negotiate, we are not shy about representing clients in the courtroom. We can use our evidence to persuade a jury to award you the money.
- Charging nothing up front: We only bill for attorney’s fees after our clients recover compensation. If we do not get compensation for our clients, then we do not charge those fees, ever.
A personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can make it easier for you to put your life back together following an accident in Crowley. This is because we take your legal responsibilities off your shoulders and fight hard for your rights, while all you have to do is get better.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Crowley, call (337) 777-7777
You Can Collect Personal Injury Damages
Your injuries could entitle you to both economic (financial) and non-economic (physical and emotional) damages. As part of our investigation, we can find out the exact combination of damages you sustained, prove that the liable party caused them all, and calculate how much money the injuries may entitle you to recover.
Examples of economic and non-economic damages include the following.
- Loss of wages or benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of employment or employment opportunities
- Past and future medical expenses
- Travel expenses related to medical treatment
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
Crowley Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Personal Injury Cases Cover a Wide Range of Accidents and Mishaps
Personal injury law can cover a wide range of accidents that result in physical and financial injuries. A person can file a personal injury case based on negligence for any of the following situations.
Every year, individuals are injured by dangerous toys, defective devices, and recalled vehicles. Product liability holds parties responsible if the following types of defects injure consumers:
- Manufacturing: A manufacturing defect is any defect made during the manufacturing process. Defects may affect a limited number of units, which can make them a hazard to others if they are below industry standards.
- Design: A design defect occurs when something about the original design of a product makes it inherently dangerous.
- Warning: If products do not properly warn consumers about the possible dangers of using the product, this is considered a warning defect.
In a rush for profits, prescription drug companies may fail to test their drugs properly or to remove them from the market when a problem arises. Dangerous drugs may cause serious side effects, including:
- Neurological problems
- Worsening of heart conditions
- Blood clots
- Psychological disorders
Companies that manufacture, approve, and sell medicine have a duty to protect consumers from dangerous drugs. In addition, your doctor is responsible for prescribing the right doses of the right drugs and for warning you of possible side effects. If any of these parties breached this duty, an attorney from our firm can help you pursue compensation for the injuries you suffered.
Longshoremen and other employees who work on the waters are subject to maritime law if they are injured on the job. They are not generally protected by the traditional workers’ compensation system like other Louisiana workers. Instead, they are covered under 46 U.S. Code § 30104, more commonly known as the “Jones Act.”
This law gives maritime workers the right to file a civil case against their employers when they are injured on the job due to the employer’s negligence. Under this law, workers may be able to recover compensation for injuries they sustain in accidents. These accidents may include:
- Slips and falls
- Boating accidents
- Machine injuries
- Fire or chemical burns
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development, Acadia Parish experienced 483 injury crashes in 2020. Common causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Careless driving
- Texting while driving
- Drug and alcohol use
- Driving while feeling fatigued
- Aggressive driving
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by any of the above, our team can help you pursue compensation for the damages you sustained.
Property owners owe a duty of care to their guests to maintain safe property conditions so that no one comes to harm while visiting. Under premises liability laws, property owners may be held liable if visitors are injured on their property. Premises liability accidents may include:
- Dog bites
- Slips and falls
- Trips and falls
- Being struck by an object
- Failure to warn of potential hazards
CC Art. 2315.2 allows people to file a wrongful death case if they are a surviving spouse, parent, child, or sibling of the decedent. With this type of lawsuit, you may be able to recover financial compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses up to the time of death
- Lost income and support
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of society or companionship
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
There is a limited time to recover compensation for this type of case in Louisiana. The sooner our law firm is able to start investigating your wrongful death case, the more likely it is that we can file your lawsuit in a timely manner and recover prompt compensation.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one was injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, a Crowley personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help with your case. We can investigate the accident, obtain evidence to establish the defendant’s liability, and negotiate a settlement from the insurance company. You can receive a free case review by calling us today at (337) 777-7777.