Rental trucks help everyday people move in and around Lafayette every day. When they are on the road, the driver behind the wheel is responsible for its safe operation. Similarly, the rental company is responsible for maintaining the truck in good working order. If either of these parties fails to meet their obligation and you are injured, we can help you recover compensation.
Our Lafayette Penske truck accident lawyer will take care of all the details for you. At Laborde Earles, our entire firm is behind your fight for recovery. We will investigate your accident and document its cause and costs. Our truck accident lawyers start by reviewing your case at no cost and work hard to recover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Damages We Can Seel for Your Accident Expenses and Losses
Recovering from a truck accident can mean a plethora of ongoing expenses. These costs should be the responsibility of the person or entity whose negligence caused the accident. Our legal team can help you recover the following:
- Accident-related medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage or total loss
- Diminished property value
- Disability and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death damages, if applicable
Recovering damages can be more complicated than you think, especially when negligence and liability are complex, like your rental truck accident case. We can help you make sense of financial recovery and demand the compensation you need and deserve. Call a Lafayette personal injury lawyer today to schedule your free consultation.
Time Restrictions on Lafayette, LA, Lawsuits
Our Penske truck accident lawyer serving Lafayette, LA, will work hard to meet the personal injury statute of limitations (generally one year, according to CC Art. 3492). We also meet the wrongful death statute of limitations (generally one year, according to CC Art. 2315.2) for the families of fatal truck accidents.
Your truck accident case is unlikely to go to court, as most are resolved with a settlement. It is important that you file your lawsuit, though, to protect your right to go to court if a settlement cannot be reached. It is also important because if the time allotted to file expires, the at-fault party’s insurance company may refuse to negotiate any further.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Assigning Liability in Your Penske Truck Accident Case
One of the first things we do when building your case is identify the at-fault party (or parties) to pursue for compensation. The driver who rented the truck could be liable if their negligence led to the accident. Their personal auto insurance may refuse their claim based on the size and weight of the Penske truck.
We will pursue Penske and their insurance company if that happens. We will also pursue them if the truck or its components were defective. They could also be liable if the driver should not have been allowed to rent the truck. Our investigation will get to the bottom of the accident and demand compensation from the appropriate party.
Our Investigation and Evidence Collection Will Indicate Liability
Our Penske truck accident attorney serving Lafayette, LA, can help you obtain a wealth of evidence that proves your right to recover damages and their monetary value. The evidence we collect will include:
- Truck accident report that indicates the cause, contact details, the condition of both drivers and both vehicles, and statements from available witnesses
- Medical records and bills that indicate the cause of your injuries and their immediate and ongoing costs
- Statements from witnesses, including eyewitnesses, medical experts, and accident scene reconstructionist reports
Additional evidence we include in your case file can include accident scene and injury photos, vehicle repair and replacement estimates, and proof of income.
We’re committed to holding negligent parties accountable and helping injury victims pursue their rightful compensation. No matter the type of accident you’ve been involved in, our reputable team of legal professionals will fight for you. In addition to Penske accident lawsuits, we can help with other cases, so reach out to us if you’re searching for:
- UPS delivery accident lawyer
- FedEx truck accident lawyer
- DHL truck accident lawyer
- Amazon delivery accident lawyer
- U-Haul truck accident lawyer
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
What You Need to Know About Our Truck Accident Team at Laborde Earles
The injuries you sustain in a truck accident can leave you with injuries that require your focus and attention. Building a solid case for financial recovery also requires focus and dedication. This is where we come in. Your case does not have to lose valuable time or attention to detail.
When our Penske truck accident lawyer serving Lafayette represents you, we will:
- Assess your potential recoverable damages
- Obtain your official truck accident report
- Define who bears financial liability
- Determine the appropriate insurance company
- Compile the documents that prove your case
- Handle all case-related communication
- Complete and submit insurance and court forms
- Negotiate a settlement or take your case to court
Our law firm takes a family approach to your case and brings a personal touch to personal injury representation. We also provide you with regular updates as your case progresses and represent you on a contingency fee basis. You will only compensate us after we recover damages for you. If you do not receive a financial award, you will owe us nothing at all.
Why Previous Clients Leave Five-Star Reviews for Our Law Firm
When clients we represented in the past talk about our dedication to outstanding legal service and support, they leave online reviews like the following:
- Monica Huval Daigle: “I was treated extremely well. They explained everything to me to where I could understand. Everyone was super nice. Thank y’all.”
- Logan Billeaudeau: “Mrs. Brittany Wiley is literally the best of the best! Anytime I’m in need of anything, she’s quick to respond…Couldn’t ask for better representation!”
- Elise Bosworth: “Jeanne and Kim were always kind, considerate, and knowledgeable about any question I asked. Should I need an attorney in the future, I will be sure to call Jeanne.”
Browse our testimonials page to read additional reviews from previous clients and learn more about our commitment to recovering damages for you
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Get Your Free Truck Accident Case Evaluation Now
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident with a Penske rental truck, our Lafayette Penske truck accident lawyer can seek compensation on your behalf. We will investigate the cause of your accident and assign a monetary value to its aftermath.
Our team at Laborde Earles will build the strongest possible case for you. Get started today by contacting our consultation team for your free truck accident review.