If you or a family member were injured or your loved one was killed in a big rig collision, you could be eligible for financial compensation. Our legal team can help determine if you have a commercial truck or big rig crash case.
A Lafayette, LA, big rig truck accident lawyer from our law firm can fight for the damages you qualify for. We offer a free initial consultation where we’ll review the details of your accident.
The Limited Time You Have To File a Personal Injury Claim
Statutes of limitations restrict your time to file a claim for personal injury and wrongful death. The statute of limitations for wrongful death and personal injury claims is generally one year from the accident date, according to the Louisiana State Legislature in Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492. A limited time frame of this kind makes it critical to call a lawyer immediately.
Because there may be exceptions to these state laws, you should seek advice from a lawyer regardless of how long it has been since your accident. You should file your claim immediately after receiving medical care if you can. The sooner you file, the more likely you will recover the maximum compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
Potential Compensation You May Recover With a Big Rig Accident Claim
Every personal injury and wrongful death claim is unique, and damages vary. With this said, compensation for damages in your case may cover the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages or diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages against the defendant
- Property damage to your car or personal belongings
Damages for a Loved One’s Fatal Injuries
Additional damages for a wrongful death claim may cover the following:
- The loss of financial security for both you and your family as a result of the death of a loved one
- The loss of spousal companionship
- The loss of guidance for children of the deceased
- Funeral costs
A Lafayette big rig lawyer may be able to pursue other types of damages if they apply to your case. For instance, if your loved one’s death was due to a faulty part in a truck, we may be able to pursue punitive damages against the manufacturer in a defective product lawsuit.
Lafayette Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We Can Help You Prove the Liable Party’s Negligence
To collect compensation after a big rig truck accident, we must show the driver was negligent. To do this, our team must prove the following:
- Due to driver fatigue, driver error, or other negligence, the semi-operator did not drive responsibly to keep other drivers safe.
- The truck driver failed to drive safely and committed a negligent act.
- The driver’s negligent act caused your accident.
- You suffered severe injuries and tangible losses because of the accident.
A truck accident’s negligent party is not always the only person on the hook for paying your expenses. If the driver was an employee working during the accident, we could hold their employer liable for your injuries under Louisiana law.
Click to contact our Lafayette Truck Accident Lawyers today
Why You Should Let a Lawyer Handle Your Case
A lawyer can assist you if you are dealing with a serious injury or a loved one’s death after a big-rig-related accident. They can help you determine who is liable for your losses. For example, the big rig driver and additional defendants, such as the trucking company, may be responsible.
Some ways a lawyer could help include:
- Filing required documentation
- Documenting accident evidence using video, photographs, eyewitness accounts, and police reports
- Speaking with your doctor to obtain injury documentation
- Taking care of legal responsibilities necessary to bring your case to completion, whether through a judgment or settlement
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
- Keeping you updated and aware during all case stages
- Answering any questions you may have
- Representing you in court, if necessary
Your lawyer’s central goal in your case is proving the big rig driver acted negligently, a goal critical to pursuing compensation. Our team has extensive experience proving negligence and gathering relevant evidence, so we’re ready to build a case to support your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Victories in Big Rig Truck Accident Cases
Our law firm has won millions for our clients injured in truck accidents. Some victories include:
- A $2.7 million settlement for an injured truck accident victim
- A $1.8 million settlement for a victim injured in a big rig accident
- A $1.75 million trial judgment for a truck crash victim’s medical expenses and other damages
- A $1.2 million settlement won at trial for an injured big rig accident victim
Remember, the truck accident settlements mentioned above do not guarantee you’ll receive a settlement or a similar amount. We list these amounts to show what could be possible for your truck accident claim. Our team will fight for the damages you qualify for and get you the fair compensation that covers your costs.
Why Insurance Companies Are a Risk to Your Settlement
When you crash with a big rig truck, you’ll have to file a semi-truck accident claim and meet with the rig driver or carrier company’s insurance company. By filing an insurance claim, you formally request compensation for your losses.
But when meeting with an insurance adjuster, you’ll need a Lafayette big rig truck accident lawyer by your side. That’s because an insurance company’s main goal is to profit from your accident. They will use as many tactics as possible to lower your settlement or convince you that you deserve a lower amount.
However, our lawyers will defend your compensation claim and ensure you get the settlement amount you need for your pain. Our truck accident attorneys have years of legal experience and are ready to defend your rights.
Contact Our Big Rig Accident Lawyers Today
If you were in an accident involving a big rig, or you lost a loved one in such an accident, then let us work for you while you take this time to recover from your injuries or grieve while a lawyer handles your pursuit of compensation.
Our Lafayette, LA, big rig truck accident lawyers are passionate about holding the liable parties accountable. Call our team at Laborde Earles today for a free consultation, or fill out the contact form on our website.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form