The sudden, unexpected loss of a loved one throws everything into disarray. You may be facing intense grief while also trying to comprehend life without your loved one. A wrongful death lawsuit may be more than you can handle, so allow Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to help.
You may deserve a financial recovery for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of the decedent’s income, funeral costs, and other damages. A Lafayette fatal truck accident lawyer from our team can fight for the settlement or judgment you are entitled to recover.
Why Our Clients Trust Us to Lead Their Truck Accident Cases in Lafayette
Our firm takes it personally when negligent truckers, trucking companies, or others cause someone to lose their life. The senseless loss of your loved one is not something we can accept, and we will fight for you until we have exhausted every avenue toward a financial recovery.
As a client of Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you should expect the following:
- Urgency towards your case: If you decide to take legal action, CC Art. 2315.2 generally requires that we file a wrongful death lawsuit within one year of the passing. Even once we file your case, we will have a controlled urgency. Our team wants to get our clients’ settlement or judgment as quickly as possible. Once we complete your case, you can move past this chapter in your life.
- Compassion: There are many ways to provide legal services. We believe that compassion is an essential feature of great representation. Expect us to show empathy for the tragedy you are coping with. You are safe with our fatal truck accident lawyers.
- Frequent communication: We know that you are busy and that you need your space to work through your loss. However, we want to ensure that you know where your case stands. Whenever circumstances in your case change, we will let you know. If you ever have questions for us, our team is available 24/7 to answer your calls, emails, and text messages.
- A fight for your full financial recovery: No matter the cost of your damages, our team can fight for every dollar you deserve.
Fatal truck accident cases are not easy. We embrace the challenges that these cases prevent, and nothing will stop us from fighting for the settlement you deserve. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers never loses sight of the target: Getting justice for you but also honoring the memory of your late loved one.
Truck Accident Cases Pose Challenges That We Will Handle for You
While all cases pose challenges, truck accident cases can be more difficult than most. Some of the hurdles we may face with your case include the following:
- Getting evidence that is in the trucking company’s possession
- Negotiating against a trucking company’s legal team
- Explaining the components of a large truck, which are highly technical
- Projecting future damages
A truck accident case can become even more complicated when it involves a death. Do not worry about these obstacles, as we can overcome them. A fatal truck accident attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will address these challenges head-on as we fight for you.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal truck accident lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages Those Harmed by a Fatal Truck Accident in Lafayette
Your loved one is not replaceable. However, it is our responsibility to get the justice that you deserve for the loss of your loved one. Before your truck accident death lawyer can get the settlement or judgment you deserve, they must understand your damages.
Recoverable damages in your Lafayette fatal truck accident case may include:
- The pain and suffering that the accident has caused: This includes the decedent’s pain and emotional distress, as well as your grief and any other types of pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Financial costs resulting from the accident: This may include medical expenses, funeral expenses, the cost of repairing or replacing a damaged vehicle and temporary transportation, and the cost of treatment for your trauma.
- Lost financial support: If the decedent earned an income, you should get compensation to replace that income. We may also account for your loss of the decedent’s household value, which can include handiwork, cleaning, and other benefits they provided.
If your case involves any other damages, our fatal truck accident attorney in Lafayette, LA, can include them in your lawsuit. We are thorough when identifying and valuing clients’ losses, as we have to get the calculation right. Your financial security depends on it.
The National Safety Council (NSC) explains that losses from a fatal motor vehicle accident can range well over $1 million. No matter the size of your settlement, we will fight for every cent you deserve.
Lafayette Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Services We Provide Victims of Fatal Truck Accidents in Lafayette
When you lose a loved one, your focus should be on your well-being. You shouldn’t have to worry about the details of a lawsuit, and we will ensure that you don’t.
As you work through your grief and focus on other personal matters, our truck accident lawyer in Lafayette, LA, can:
- Gather evidence that shows who caused the fatal truck accident
- Document your damages with bills, medical records, and other documentation
- Deal with insurance companies, other attorneys, and anyone else involved with your fatal accident case
- Calculate the cost of your damages
- Complete all case-related paperwork
- Lead settlement negotiations
- Complete any necessary trial
We can handle each case according to our clients’ needs. With more than 250 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys adapt to the challenges of each case. Our truck accident wrongful death lawyer will continue fighting for the compensation you deserve until we have resolved your fatal truck accident lawsuit in Lafayette.
Click to contact our Lafayette Truck Accident Lawyers today
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today to Complete Your Free Consultation
Remember that we may face a strict deadline for filing your case. Though there can be exceptions to this statute of limitations, you should not wait to hire a Lafayette fatal truck accident lawyer from our firm. They can manage every step of your case so that you can focus on putting your life back together.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form