If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a forklift accident in Lafayette, Louisiana, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit and pursue compensation.
A Lafayette forklift accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can serve as your legal advocate and petition for your financial recovery from a liable party. We offer the first consultation for free when you call the number on our website.
Various Types of Forklift Accidents Can Lead to Injury or Death
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), forklifts were the cause of work-related deaths in 70 cases in 2021 and the cause of injury in over 7,000 cases in 2020. Regarding injuries, the median amount of days that victims had to take away from work was 17 days, about five days more than the median amount of days taken off for injuries caused by all events or exposures.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has documented the following types of forklift accidents that led to injury or death in the United States:
- Being struck by a forklift
- Having the forklift fall off a platform
- Tipping over while in a forklift or being struck by one in a tip-over
- Being crushed by a forklift
- Having a load fall off a forklift
- Falling off the forklift or a forklift platform (e.g., pallet)
- Falling off a ladder after being struck by a forklift
- Being pinned underneath a forklift
- Tipping over while being towed by a truck
If you or a loved one was injured in any of these or similar types of forklift accidents, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our legal team can listen to your case in a free consultation and discuss what options you have to hold a potentially liable party accountable for their negligence. Reach out to a Lafayette truck accident lawyer to discuss your situation.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
You Can Seek Compensation if You Were Injured in a Forklift Accident
From the moment you decide to work with our personal injury team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will work to confirm which party may be held liable for your damages, such as a loading or trucking company.
From there, we will go over your damages and calculate how much compensation we should pursue on your behalf. We aim to pursue a figure that fairly covers your damages based on how you were affected by your accident.
Types of Compensatory Damages
Some compensatory damages you may pursue in your Lafayette forklift accident case might include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety, caused by the accident
- Property damage, if applicable
- Current and future income loss, including loss of benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement you incurred from the accident
- Reduced quality of life
Should you have other forms of damages that qualify for compensation, we will factor them in when estimating the value of your case. Additionally, if you lost a loved one, we may also consider damages related to their passing, such as funeral expenses and loss of consortium. We want to be sensitive to your situation, so you will have an opportunity to explain your damages in future consultations.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
A Lafayette Forklift Accident Lawyer from Our Team Can Manage Your Case
Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can manage your case for you. In fact, we encourage you to focus on your physical and emotional recovery from the forklift accident, and we’ll give you updates about your case as it progresses.
While we manage your case, we will be:
- Conducting our own investigation into your accident to confirm key information, such as which parties were involved, when the accident occurred, and who holds liability over the actions that occurred
- Retrieving evidence to support your claims, such as video footage of the accident, eyewitness testimony, and medical records related to your injuries
- Performing administrative services, such as completing legal paperwork and speaking with all involved parties when they reach out for statements about your case
- Preparing your case for trial and petitioning for court hearing dates should you decide to move forward with a personal injury lawsuit
- Meeting with the defending party’s legal team outside of court if an opportunity to negotiate a settlement deal arises
- Advising you on legal decisions when prompted, such as on whether you should accept a settlement offer based on the value of your damages or continue with a lawsuit
If you ever have questions or concerns about your forklift accident case, you can always reach out to our firm for answers and comfort. We aim to be transparent with our legal counsel and respect all decisions our clients make about their cases.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
You Don’t Have Much Time to File Your Forklift Accident Lawsuit in Louisiana
According to Louisiana’s statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits, CC Art. 3492, plaintiffs only have one year from the date of their accidents to sue liable parties for damages.
The same one-year filing period exists for wrongful death lawsuits, except this filing period begins on the date of the victim’s death, according to CC Art. 2315.2.
Don’t Let Your Case Get Dismissed for Filing Late
If you do not submit your case within this legal timeframe:
- Your case may be rejected upon submission due to tardiness.
- The defending party would have grounds to request a case dismissal by the reviewing judge, which would absolve them of liability if granted.
If your case gets dismissed, you could lose your opportunity to pursue compensation through a civil action. Without a threat of a lawsuit, the defending party would not have legal pressure to compensate you for your damages, which would force you to pay for your damages out of pocket.
Hiring a forklift accident attorney in Lafayette, LA, can allow you to stay on track with your case. Our legal team will confirm how long we have to submit your lawsuit and take appropriate steps to ensure it remains valid in court.
They treated us like no other people would. Whenever we needed something they were there for us. I put my trust in them and I don’t regret it.Client
Work With a Forklift Accident Attorney in Lafayette, LA, From Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Working with a forklift accident lawyer in Lafayette, LA, can help relieve the legal burden off your shoulders and allow you to focus on your personal recovery instead. If you or a loved one was injured in a forklift accident, allow our legal team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to handle your case and advocate for your right to financial recovery.
We offer to review your case for free when you call our team. During your first consultation, one of our team members can go over how a Lafayette forklift accident lawyer from our firm can help you. In fact, from the moment you call, we can begin working on your case, so don’t hesitate to call for your free consultation today.