If you suffered an injury in a truck accident that was someone else’s fault, a Highway 90 truck accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers could help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses from the negligent party who caused the collision.
There are many truck accidents on the highways in the Lafayette, LA, area and throughout our state. For example, according to the Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation Safety (CARTS), in Louisiana in 2022, there were:
- 279 fatal pickup truck accidents
- 15,905 people injured in pickup trucks
- 46 fatalities in tractor-trailers
- 975 people injured in tractor-trailer accidents
You do not have to fight the insurance company on your own if the accident was not your fault. Our truck accident lawyers can handle your collision injury claim, leaving you free to focus your attention and energy on healing. You can explore your legal options for recovery during a free consultation with our personal injury law firm team today.
Factors that Can Affect a Highway 90 Truck Accident Settlement
Because every motor vehicle accident injury case is different, the compensation you could receive will depend on the unique facts of the truck crash that occurred on Highway 90. Factors that could determine how much the insurance company is willing to pay to settle your claim include:
- The severity of your injuries
- How much time you missed from work without pay
- Your medical treatment costs
- Impairments that linger after you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) from your treatments, including physical therapy
- Your pain and suffering damages
- The amount of insurance coverage the negligent party carries
These are only a few of the many factors that can influence how much compensation you could get for a Highway 90 truck accident injury case. Our injury attorney will advise you on the damages you could recover and how much you could seek from the at-fault or liable party.
For a free legal consultation with a highway 90 truck accident lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages in Highway 90 Truck Collisions
As noted earlier, every motor vehicle accident is different. Your circumstances will determine the financial value of your injury claim, whether you reach a settlement with the negligent party’s insurance company or a jury awards you money at trial.
Here are some of the types of monetary damages we have won for our truck crash injury clients:
- Lost income. You suffer a financial loss when you do not get paid for the time you could not work because of your injuries.
- Future lost income. Truck accidents often cause severe, even debilitating, injuries. When people cannot make as much money as before the accident because of chronic pain, loss of function, weakness, or other limitations from their wounds, they experience economic hardship.
- Medical expenses. Typically, injured parties can recover medical treatment expenses for injuries from a Highway 90 truck crash. These can include things like the ambulance, trauma center, hospital visits, doctors, surgery, physical therapy, X-rays, and prescription drugs.
- Pain and suffering. You can request compensation for the physical and mental discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress you endured because of the accident and your injuries.
Our wrongful death attorney might be able to seek additional compensation on behalf of the family if your close relative died because of a Highway 90 truck collision.
Lafayette Highway 90 Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Contingency Fees in Highway 90 Truck Crashes
Our law firm handles truck accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not have to pay us any upfront attorney’s fees to represent you.
Instead, we work through the legal matter and receive our payment at the end of the case if you recover compensation. Our attorney’s fees will come out of the settlement or court award. Also, we have a no-fee guarantee. If you do not win, you do not have to pay us any legal fees.
Click to contact our Lafayette Truck Accident Lawyers today
Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations for Truck Injury Claims
Louisiana has a short statute of limitations that determines a case’s filing deadline. You generally have one year to file a lawsuit seeking monetary compensation for personal injury under CC Art. 3492. Parties who want to file a wrongful death lawsuit generally have a year from the decedent’s death date to do so under CC Art. 2315.2.
When a case’s statute of limitations deadline expires, the negligent party who caused the harm is off the hook legally. We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible after the accident to ensure you and your attorney have enough time to build a strong compensation case and file your case on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Three Steps to Take After a Truck Accident on Highway 90 in Louisiana
You will want to take a few actions after getting injured in a truck accident to protect your right to compensation from the at-fault party for your injuries and losses.
- At the collision scene, call law enforcement to investigate the crash and write a police report. This report can serve as essential evidence to establish fault and the collision’s cause. Also, it could be helpful for you to document details of the scene by snapping photographs with your cell phone.
- Get prompt medical attention for your wounds. They will heal better if they get diagnosed and treated right away. You have less likelihood of complications like infection if you seek medical evaluation promptly. Also, your medical records will link your injuries to the Highway 90 truck accident.
- Take timely legal action. Because of the short deadline for taking legal action in Louisiana, the sooner you get a truck accident lawyer on board, the better. Some evidence can disappear or disappear within days of a crash. It can also be harder to locate witnesses after time passes.
There will be quite a few other things you should do at various points during the claims or litigation process. If we become your law firm, we can handle many of those steps on your behalf.
Call Us Today – Our Highway 90 Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Highway 90 truck accident in Louisiana, we are ready to help you pursue an insurance settlement or lawsuit. Collectively, the attorney team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has 250 years of personal injury law experience. We treat our clients like family and work together in our law office as one big team. People know us as the “Louisiana Attorneys That Care.”
We would be happy to talk with you about your Highway 90 truck accident injury case at no charge. You can reach out to us today for a free initial consultation.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form