When you experience a personal injury, it can leave your life in tatters. From a car accident to a medical malpractice, the consequences are sometimes life-shattering. These personal injury situations often leave people traumatized and anxious. It is an unexpected occurrence, so it may result in emotional anguish as you attempt to get your life back in order. However, you do not have to go through this situation alone. With the aid of a Meaux personal injury lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you can recover financially from the loss and damages you have incurred.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we have more than 100 years of combined experience dealing with personal injury claims of all types. We have built up our reputation of excellence, making us a top choice for a personal injury lawyer in the area.
When you contact us, we will discuss your case with you to determine the best route forward. We will let you know upfront about what to expect with your case. We work on a contingency basis, which means you do not pay until we obtain a fair settlement.
You can begin seeking a free, no-obligation consultation with a Meaux personal injury lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. Get in touch by calling our office at (337) 777-7777.
Different Types of Personal Injury Cases
Any type of situation that results in an injury is potentially a personal injury case.
Here are a few common examples:
- Dog bite cases: when dog owners do not control a known vicious dog from biting others, then they could be held responsible.
- Car accidents: with just over 6 million car accidents yearly, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III), it is not surprising that these make up the bulk of personal injury cases.
- Slip and fall injuries: when you slip and fall on another person’s property, there is a chance it could fall within the personal injury guidelines. Your lawyer will discuss the ways this may apply to you.
- Medical malpractice injuries: according to a report from the Johns Hopkins University, medical malpractice is now the third leading cause of death in the United States. When physicians make an error on their patients, then they must be held liable for damages.
- Defamation cases: when someone tries to ruin your character, reputation, or name, you have a personal injury case. Defamation can hinder your reputation and therefore harm your livelihood.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, a Meaux personal injury lawyer is ready to assist you in your recovery. Call us at (337) 777-7777 to discuss your case with you free of charge. We work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay until we reach a negotiated settlement or court award.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Meaux, call (337) 777-7777
Steps to Take After a Personal Injury
There are some steps you can take after a personal injury occurs that may help with your case. If you are able to do any or all of these steps, then let your lawyer know.
Write Things Down
Keep a journal of not only the event itself but all the steps you have taken since then. Also, document pain, trauma, and other symptoms you are experiencing.
Fill Out Any Necessary Reports
There may be reports you need to fill out, such as a police report. This report is especially important if you suffered injuries in a vehicle accident.
Get Medical Aid
You may feel like you are okay, but you still need to get checked out. So, be sure to seek medical care.
Find a Lawyer
Consider hiring a Meaux personal injury lawyer so that you can find out your options under the law.
Meaux Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Evidence and Damages
Your lawyer must prove that the other party was negligent, careless, or malicious to pursue a personal injury case. During this process, we will conduct the following three phases:
Prove Duty of Care
Your Meaux personal injury lawyer will establish that the other party did owe you a “duty of care” to not allow any harm or injury come to you.
Show Breach of Duty
Next, the lawyer will show that the other party broke the duty of care. Either through neglect, carelessness, breaking of laws, or malice, the other party did prevent the injury. To prove this point, your lawyer will collect evidence to prove the case. They may gather statements from you and other eyewitnesses. They will retrieve police reports and pull the medical records in your case.
Finally, the Meaux personal injury lawyer will prove that the injuries you have are, in fact, from the incident. Your lawyer will do investigative research to show causation.
Seek Damages from a Personal Injury Case
Any type of personal injury will leave its mark. There might be extensive damages or minor injuries. You also may have additional damages that are not physical. Whatever they are, your lawyer will assist you in recovering all the damages due to you. Some of the damages you may have from a personal injury case include:
- All damages resulting from physical injuries and losses, such as medical bills and pain and suffering
- A reduction in income from being out of work
- The loss of future opportunities or wages due to the injuries
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hiring a Lawyer
Though you are under no obligation to do so, a lawyer may be your next step in recovering damages. A Meaux personal injury lawyer that you can trust will work hard to fight your case through negotiation.
Your lawyer will also ensure that you do not have to deal with the many tasks that go along with filing a claim. Whether it is making phone calls or filing court papers, everything will be under control.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, a Meaux personal injury lawyer is standing by ready to assist you with this situation. We are here to provide advice and a helping hand. Take the next steps today by obtaining a free no-obligation case consultation. Call our office at (337) 777-7777 for more information.