From a car accident to medical malpractice, the consequences of a personal injury incident can be life-altering. If another party harmed you or your loved one in some way, you do not have to go through this situation alone. With the guidance of a Meaux personal injury lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you could recover financially from the losses and other damages you have incurred.
When you contact us, we will discuss your case with you for free. If you hire us, we will determine the best route forward and let you know up front about what to expect with your case. We work on a contingency basis, which means you do not pay us unless we obtain a fair settlement for you.
Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer From Our Firm
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we have more than 100 years of combined experience dealing with personal injury claims of all types. We have built up our reputation of excellence, making us a top choice for a personal injury lawyer in the area.
- “Whenever I call on short notice and have a need, he makes sure that I have whatever I’ve requested. He has even made time to speak with my family. I totally trust him, and I’m extremely satisfied with his experience and expertise. Thank you, Mr. Earles for being more than an attorney to me.” – Michelle Graham
- “I cannot recommend this law firm enough! They are highly efficient, professional, knowledgeable and most importantly, personable. The staff does their best to make every client feel welcome and cared for while working with them. My experience with them was wonderful, and I will be referring any friends in need to them in the future.” – Auzita Sajjadi
- “I had a very positive experience with Laborde Earles. They provided excellent service, demonstrating professionalism and personal attention to detail.” – Danielle Lott
If you are ready to file a personal injury case in Meaux, you can begin by seeking a free, no-obligation consultation with an attorney at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.
We Handle Many Types of Personal Injury Cases in Louisiana
Any type of careless or reckless action that results in an injury could be the basis for a personal injury case. Here are a few common examples:
- Dog bite cases: When dog owners do not control a known vicious dog from biting others, they could be held responsible.
- Car accidents: With just more than 6 million car accidents yearly, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III), it is not surprising that these make up the bulk of personal injury cases.
- Slip and fall injuries: When you slip and fall on another person’s property, you could file a premises liability claim against them.
- Medical malpractice injuries: According to a report from Johns Hopkins University, medical malpractice is now the third leading cause of death in the United States. When physicians make an error on their patients, they must be held liable for damages.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, a personal injury lawyer is ready to assist you in your financial recovery. We will discuss your Meaux injury case with you free of charge. In addition, our attorneys work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay until we reach a negotiated settlement or court award.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Meaux, call 337-221-9907
Establishing Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
When we represent you, our lawyers must prove the other party was negligent, careless, or malicious to pursue a personal injury case. This process will involve these three phases:
Proving Duty of Care
The first step involves proving that the other party owed you a “duty of care” to not allow any harm or injury to come to you—within reason. For example, a business owner is responsible for keeping their property clear of hazards for customers.
Showing Breach of Duty
Next, our lawyer must show the other party broke the duty of care through:
- Breaking of laws
To prove this point, our team will collect evidence to support the case. For example, we may gather statements from you and other witnesses. We will also retrieve police reports and pull the medical records in your case.
Finally, our attorneys will present evidence to prove the injuries you have are, in fact, from the incident. This evidence must be strong—otherwise, the liable party could suggest you suffered injuries at another time to invalidate your claim.
Meaux Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 337-221-9907
Recoverable Personal Injury Damages
Depending on the type and severity of the accident you experienced, you could be facing various injuries. You also may have additional damages that are not physical. Whatever they are, our team will assist you in seeking all the damages due to you.
For instance, some of the damages you could recover in a personal injury case include:
- Medical bills resulting from emergency transportation, your hospital stay, appointments with doctors, and treatment you receive
- Pain and suffering from your injuries
- Reduced income from being out of work
- The loss of future opportunities or wages because of your injuries
Each client’s damages are different, so we will give your case the time and resources necessary to uncover each of yours and ensure we leave nothing out when seeking compensation.
Steps to Take After Suffering an Injury in Meaux
You can take some steps after suffering an injury that may help with your case. If you can do any or all of these steps, we encourage you to:
- Write things down: Keep a journal of not only the event itself but all the steps you have taken since then. Also, document pain, trauma, and other symptoms you are experiencing due to your injuries
- File any necessary reports: There may be reports you need to fill out, such as a police report. This report is especially important if you suffered injuries in a vehicle accident.
- Get medical aid: You may feel like you are OK, but your doctor can examine you to rule out internal injuries and document the physical harm you suffered.
- Reach out to our firm: A personal injury lawyer can be an invaluable resource and advocate throughout your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hiring Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
When you choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you can trust us to work hard to fight for your case through negotiations and in court. Your lawyer will also ensure you do not have to deal with the many tasks that go along with filing a claim. Whether it is making phone calls or filing court papers, we will have everything under control.
Our team members are standing by, ready to assist you with this situation around the clock. We are here to provide advice and a helping hand. Take the next steps today by obtaining a free no-obligation case consultation. Call our office at (337) 777-7777 for more information.