Personal injuries can range from serious to moderate. Either way, they are often traumatizing. You deserve compensation for your pain and suffering. This compensation can grant you peace of mind and make recovery easier.
An Andrew personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can review your case to determine the best way to move forward. Our goal is to help you recover financially from the accident, so we advise you upfront about what to expect. Also, you will not have to pay any attorney’s fees until we reach a settlement in your favor.
How Our Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Trying to manage both a lawsuit and personal injuries at the same time is a daunting prospect for anyone. Fortunately, you do not have to go through this alone. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can handle the lawsuit for you. This includes:
- Clerical tasks: Whether your case requires making phone calls, sending emails, or filing court papers, know that everything is under control: an Andrew personal injury lawyer can ensure these tedious tasks are dealt with.
- Case evaluation: If you suffered an injury, you are welcome to call us at any time to find out more about your legal options. It will cost you nothing to learn how we can help.
- Evidence collection and evaluation: We can request traffic cam footage, medical records, police reports, expert statements, and much more. All of this information can inform us who caused your accident and how much they may owe you.
- Negotiations: The liable party’s insurance company is often reluctant to pay a fair settlement. We can sit down with their representatives to persuade them that it is in everyone’s best interests if they settle quickly and fairly.
- Courtroom representation: In cases where a settlement is not possible, we are unafraid to take the case to court. This includes speaking in the courtroom on your behalf and submitting all necessary paperwork to the judge.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Andrew, call 337-221-9907
Seeking Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Personal injuries can range from mild and temporary to severe and permanent. Either way, they can cause victims a great deal of pain and inconvenience. When this occurs, you may recover financial damages for the different losses you have incurred. Some of the damages you may have from a personal injury case include:
- Medical bills: This includes any professional treatment you received for physical and/or psychological injuries. It may also include travel expenses in some cases.
- A decrease or loss of income from being out of work: For example, you had to stay home for a few weeks to recover from the injury.
- The loss of future opportunities or wages due to injuries: For example, the injury is permanent and will prevent you from finding gainful employment in the future.
- Pain and suffering: Both physical and emotional pain stemming from the accident could entitle you to damages.
- The loss of quality of life: You can no longer perform all of the fun and/or necessary activities that you did before.
A personal injury attorney from our firm can be quite helpful while you heal from your injuries. Our team can create a solid case on your behalf so that you do not have to worry about doing so yourself. We also accept wrongful death cases if you lost a loved one in an accident due to negligence.
Andrew Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 337-221-9907
Personal Injury Cases Defined
Not all personal injury cases are alike. The circumstances that may lead to a personal injury vary widely, but they all have one thing in common: they were caused by another party’s reckless or negligent behavior. They should not have happened, and you deserve to be compensated for your preventable losses.
Some common causes of personal injuries include:
- Slip and fall injuries: Slip and fall injuries occur when someone is injured on another person’s property. This injury can happen when the property owner does not take care of the property – for example, if a wet, cluttered, or damaged surface is left as is with no warning signs.
- Car accidents: According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), car accidents are common and often deadly, with 727 people dying in such accidents in Louisiana in 2019. Car accidents usually occur when a driver is negligent or breaks the law.
- Medical malpractice injuries: Physician errors are a tragically common occurrence, according to a report from Johns Hopkins University (JHU). When physicians make avoidable mistakes, then they can be held liable for damages.
- Product malfunctions: If a product fails to perform in the manner it was intended, and that failure causes you harm, you may be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- Dog bites: Dog owners could be held responsible for injuries their dog inflicts on others.
- Defamation: When someone says or does something to ruin your character, reputation, or name, then you can sue for personal injury. Severe harm to your reputation can affect your livelihood and standing in the community.
The one issue that ties all these cases together is negligence or that the other party did not act responsibly. To receive compensation, you must prove negligence by:
- Demonstrating that they had a duty to ensure your safety (e.g., by driving carefully or maintaining their property) and that they failed in that duty
- Documenting the injuries you suffered and connecting them with the liable party’s actions
- Collecting evidence from as many sources as possible to prove that the liable party is guilty and should pay damages
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can help you build a strong case against the negligent party. We work on contingency, so you will not pay any attorney’s fees until you receive a negotiated settlement or court award.
What to Do After a Personal Injury
It is not unusual to feel lost and confused after an injury. However, you have options to reclaim your life and recover financially. If you have been in a personal injury accident, take these steps if possible.
Write Things Down
It is best to write down notes about what happened immediately after the accident. Otherwise, you may forget. This information may include:
- The exact sequence of events
- The liable party’s contact information
- Witness information
- Injury symptoms
Fill Out Necessary Reports
You may need to fill out a police report, especially if you were in a traffic accident. This report can provide us with valuable information about how, where, and why your accident occurred.
Get Medical Aid
It is critical to get medical help, even if you feel fine. Injury symptoms could show up later, so it is best to be proactive. Also, a complete medical record can serve as important evidence in a lawsuit.
Find a Lawyer
An attorney from our firm can handle your claim and protect your rights. The sooner we can get started on your case, the sooner you may have money in your pocket.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Can Assist You Today
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, an Andrew personal injury lawyer is ready to help you recover compensation. We are here to provide advice and a helping hand. Take the next steps today by obtaining a free, no-obligation case consultation. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 for more information.