Personal injuries can range from serious to moderate, but whatever the case is, it is often traumatizing. The incident may leave you anxious, fearful, frustrated, and exhausted. When someone else has been negligent and caused your personal injury, it is a tragic event, no matter the outcome. You deserve compensation for your pain and suffering, so you can have peace of mind.
Unfortunately, not all injuries are alike, and some of them result in long-term disability. Other people carry internal scars and emotional wounds from the personal injuries they incurred. At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our Andrew personal injury lawyer understands the pain and suffering involved with going through an injury.
At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will go through your case thoroughly to determine the best way to move forward. Our goal is to help you recover financially from the accident. We advise you upfront about what to expect with your case. Also, you will not have to pay any fees until we reach a settlement in your favor.
You can begin seeking the help of an Andrew personal injury lawyer at the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, and they will handle all the paperwork for you. Get in touch, and we will give you a free, no-obligation consultation. We will go over the details of your case when you call our office today at (337) 282-9205.
Personal Injury Cases Defined
You might be wondering what a personal injury case is. When an accident occurs, most of the time, there is a personal injury involved. A personal injury situation is usually painful. The suffering could be life-altering in some cases.
Let us review a few different personal injury examples:
- Slip and fall injuries: slip and fall injuries occur when someone is on another person’s property and suffers injuries due to falling. This injury usually occurs when the property owner does not take care of the property in some manner. It could be due to a wet, cluttered, or damaged surface.
- Car accidents: according to the Insurance Information Institute (III), there are about 6 million car accidents that occur yearly. These represent some of the most common personal injury cases. Car accidents usually occur when a driver is negligent or breaks the law.
- Medical malpractice injuries: surprisingly, physician errors are a common occurrence that happens regularly, according to a report from Johns Hopkins University. When physicians make these tragic mistakes, then they are held liable for damages.
- Product malfunction: if a product fails to perform in the manner it was intended, and that failure causes you harm, you may be able to purse a personal injury claim through product liability laws.
- Dog bite cases: Dog owners could be held responsible for injuries their dog does to others.
- Defamation cases: when someone says or does something to ruin your character, reputation, or name, then you can sue for personal injury. Defamation can hinder your reputation, which can harm their livelihood.
The one issue that ties all these cases together is the other party did not act responsibly
At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can review your case free of charge. We work on contingency, so you will not pay any attorney’s fees until you receive a negotiated settlement or court award. Call us at (337) 282-9205 to discuss your case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Andrew, call (337) 777-7777
What to Do After a Personal Injury
Sometimes people do not quite know what to do after a personal injury accident. It is common to just do nothing and hope things get better. However, you have options to reclaim your life and recover financially. So, if you have been in a personal injury accident, take these steps if possible:
Write Things Down
It is best to write down notes about what happened; otherwise, you may forget. You can be as detailed as you need to.
Fill Out Any Necessary Reports
You may need to fill out a police report, especially if a vehicle accident was involved. If so, be sure to do so thoroughly. This report helps the lawyer have an official document of what occurred.
Get Medical Aid
It is critical to get medical help even if you feel OK. Your injuries could show up later, so it is always best to check.
Find a Lawyer
It may be to your benefit to have a lawyer who can handle your claim and protect your rights.
Andrew Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Seeking Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Obviously, there will always be damages after a personal injury situation. When this occurs, you can expect to recover financially from these damages. You can seek relief for the different losses you have incurred. Some of the damages you may have from a personal injury case include:
- Physical injuries and damages, which would include medical bills as well as pain and suffering
- A decrease or loss of income from being out of work
- The loss of future opportunities or wages due to injuries
Find Your Lawyer Today
You do not have to retain a lawyer to pursue compensation, but you may find that an Andrew personal injury lawyer can be quite helpful while you heal from your injuries. A lawyer can create a solid case on your behalf so that you do not have to worry.
A lawyer will also ensure that the tedious tasks of paperwork and communication are managed for you so that you can have peace of mind. Whether it is phone calls or sending emails or filing court papers, you know that everything is under control, because an Andrew personal injury lawyer will help with all these items.
At the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, an Andrew personal injury lawyer is ready to help you with this his situation. We are here to provide advice and a helping hand. Take the next steps today by obtaining a free, no-obligation case consultation. We do not charge until you receive compensation. Call the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 282-9205 for more information.