Being in a rear-end collision in Gretna can leave you with serious injuries. When serious injuries occur from a car accident, a Gretna rear-end collision lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can serve you. Our team will review your case and fight for any compensation that you or a loved one deserves.
We will aim to maximize the compensation that you may receive from a lawsuit or insurance claim. We handle personal injury lawsuits, wrongful death lawsuits, and insurance claims.
Awards You Can Receive Because of Your Accident
Unlike certain other states, courts in Louisiana generally do not put a cap on your awards. This is true of personal injury cases. We will keep this in mind when deciding whether to file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our team will seek the maximum compensation you are entitled to. This amount will be based on your losses from a car accident in Gretna. Awards from a personal injury lawsuit may cover:
- Emergency transportation from your accident scene
- Emergency medical care
- Temporary transportation
- Medical care for the diagnosis of your injuries
- Medical appointments to monitor the progress of your recovery
- Any necessary surgeries
- Medication costs
- Lost income
- A decline in your earning power
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
The list of covered losses from your accident may be a long one. Every car accident victim suffers in unique ways. Therefore, we will spend the necessary time to determine what your losses are and figure out what your losses have cost you and may cost you in the future.
Possible Insurance Coverage For Your Accident In Gretna
The Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI) explains that motorists in Louisiana must have liability insurance. If insured, the at-fault driver’s insurance may cover:
- $15,000 for your bodily injuries
- $30,000 if two or more parties suffered injuries
- $25,000 for damage to your vehicle
They may have coverage limits that are higher than these. Your insurance policy may also carry forms of coverage that apply to your losses. We may be able to recover the compensation you deserve through insurance.
We will assist with your claim by:
- Gathering the facts of your accident
- Determining the value of your losses
- Reviewing all policies that apply to your accident
- Determining how much coverage you should be entitled to
- Seeking an insurance payout for the maximum amount of coverage that you are eligible for
Serious accidents may produce losses that are beyond your insurance coverage. Injuries, property damage, or both may carry an expense that requires a lawsuit. A Gretna rear-end collision lawyer from our team can discuss your options during a free consultation.
We Deal With Your Lawsuit While You Focus On Your Health
We work hard for our clients, and we want you to work on your recovery. A rear-end collision can produce serious injuries. We will handle the responsibility of completing your lawsuit or claim and will identify what an at-fault driver did to cause your collision by:
- Obtaining and reviewing any police reports from your accident
- Obtaining existing witness accounts
- Conducting our own witness interviews
- Obtaining any video footage of your collision
- Hiring an expert to reconstruct your accident
- Speaking with you about how your accident happened
We will also document your injuries and losses as part of your claim or lawsuit. Such documentation could be crucial evidence as we pursue awards. We will also negotiate a settlement with insurance companies, attorneys, mediators, or any other involved parties.
We may need to argue against false allegations that you are liable for your accident. We may also make the case that all of your medical care, lost income, and other losses are valid and documented. We will also identify who is responsible for your losses and what makes them liable.
We Handle the Issue of Liability
Our team sets out to answer a critical question for every client: who owes you compensation? The answer generally comes down to liability. The driver who is at fault for your accident may be only one of the multiple liable parties.
- Identify why the driver is liable
- Identify any other parties who are liable, such as a driver’s employer, the city of Gretna, a vehicle manufacturer, or any other defendant
- Determine each party’s share of your losses
A driver can be negligent if they put you at an unreasonable risk of harm. By striking your vehicle, a driver generally qualifies as a negligent party. Some of the more specific types of driver negligence are:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Texting and driving
- Making a phone call while driving
- Running a red light
- Running a stop sign
- Acting in any dangerous way
We have collected numerous settlements and verdicts for our clients. Our results include $5.25 million for an auto accident victim with a brain injury, $5 million for a paralyzed driver, and $2 million for an auto accident victim with spinal cord injuries. We will seek the compensation that you or your loved one deserve for your rear-end collision in Gretna.
Call the Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Do not wait before calling Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. A Gretna rear-end collision lawyer from our firm will work on filing your case before any relevant deadlines expire. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 to learn how we can help you start your case.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form