If you or a loved one suffered an injury in an accident in Gretna that was caused by someone else, including a company or government institution, then you may be entitled to receive compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Gretna personal injury lawyer from our law firm can help you navigate the legal system and advise you as you take legal action against the liable party or parties.
For a free consultation, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. We are eager to work on your case.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Guide You Throughout Your Case
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we do more than just present your case in front of an insurance adjuster or court. We help you throughout each step of the preparation of your case, ensuring that we have enough information to argue effectively on your behalf.
As our client, we aim to help you by:
- Reviewing your case to determine who might be at fault for your injuries
- Investigating further to determine if other liable parties may be involved
- Gathering evidence that helps prove your claims about how the accident was caused and by whom
- Interviewing witnesses—including experts in their field (e.g., medical doctors, accident reconstruction analysts, and mechanical engineers)—to get testimony
- Submitting paperwork to file your case, request new evidence, or stop specific actions
- Speaking with insurance representatives and other attorneys on your behalf
- Representing you during negotiations or trial, depending on the route you take with your case
- Advising you as you receive settlement offers, case updates, and ultimatums
Want to know more about how a Gretna personal injury lawyer can help you fight for compensation? Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a free consultation at (504) 777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Gretna, call (337) 777-7777
We Can Help Determine How Much Compensation You Might Be Owed
With every personal injury case, there are many factors to consider when calculating a client’s potential compensation award. These awards are not based on general figures but on the specifics of the client’s financial damages, lifestyle changes, and general losses. In your initial consultation, we may discuss immediate losses you have already experienced and consider losses you expect to suffer.
However, as time goes on, we may see new damages arise as we prepare for your case. So, it is crucial to be as accurate about the impact of your injuries as possible. Once you accept a settlement offer or receive a compensation award, you will not be able to pursue additional compensation—even if new issues come up.
Some of the main factors we consider when calculating your damages include:
- How much did it cost to treat your injuries? This figure may involve reviewing your medical bills and invoices to your health insurance if applicable. However, this can also include costs for prescription medicines, at-home or personal use of medical equipment (e.g., crutches, breathing devices), and rehabilitation after treatment.
- Did you miss work because of your injuries? If your injuries prevented you from going to work because you were physically incapable of doing so, had to attend medical appointments, or lacked transportation, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost income.
- Did you lose your job or your current position? In some cases, a person might miss too much work and lose their job. In other cases, a person’s injury might force them to take a different position because they can no longer perform their regular duties.
- How much did it cost to repair damaged property? Common in motor vehicle accident cases, if you sustained damage to a vehicle or personal property, you may be compensated for repairs or replacement of these possessions.
- The extent of your losses: Some losses do not have a financial value and are more subjective. Sometimes referred to as “non-economic” or “general” losses, we factor in your general pain and suffering, changes in lifestyle, and whether you will ever be able to return to your life before the accident.
Gretna Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Louisiana Personal Injury Cases Have a Short Deadline
CC Art. 3492 is the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Louisiana, and you should not underestimate its importance if you want your lawsuit to be accepted by the state’s court system. The statute of limitations sets the deadline for when people must file civil action lawsuits, which can vary by the type of case they have and the parties involved (e.g., minors or municipalities).
In Louisiana, people generally have one year from the date of injury to file their case, but you may still want to consult your lawyer to determine how much time you have left to bring your case forward. When you first speak with our team, we will look over any available crash or incident reports to determine the date you were injured and monitor this deadline for you.
Our Team Will Let You Know What Type of Personal Injury Case You Have
Our law firm handles many different types of personal injury cases, such as:
- Premises liability, which involves injuries that occur on owned property (usually not caused directly by the plaintiff)
- Automobile accidents, which can also involve non-vehicle parties, such as pedestrians and bicyclists
- Product liability, which involves injuries caused by defective products
- Medical malpractice, which can also include injuries at nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Construction accidents
When you first call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, one of our representatives can determine which category your case might fall under. Keep in mind that not every type of personal injury case was listed here, so you may still qualify even if your case is more specialized.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Build Your Case
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is a personal injury law firm that aims to help people who suffered injuries fight for their financial recovery. Our team believes victims should not have to suffer financial consequences if their injuries would not have occurred if another party had acted responsibly. If you or a loved one is currently dealing with the repercussions of a serious accidental injury, reach out to our team to review your case.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation. Once we determine what type of personal injury case you have, a Gretna personal injury lawyer can begin working on your case.