A person may file a personal injury claim if they sustained an injury because of another person’s negligent conduct. If a person suffered damages because of the injury they sustained, they might be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit against any at-fault party involved in the accident.
A Forked Island personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you with your case. Our law firm proudly serves clients throughout Forked Island, Lafayette, Alexandria, and surrounding areas in Louisiana. We can discuss your possible claim during a free consultation. Call us at (337) 777-7777 to learn more.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Handle All Sorts of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases can apply to a variety of situations where people may get injured or sick due to another party’s negligence or recklessness. Our law firm has served clients in the following practice areas of personal injury law.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Forked Island, call (337) 777-7777
Due to the danger that commercial trucks pose on the road, truck drivers and trucking companies are required to follow regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), such as:
- Obey the hours of service rules to avoid fatigued driving
- Inspect commercial trucks before each trip
- Properly load cargo to avoid shifts in the weight distribution during transport
- Take a drug and alcohol test before beginning work, upon random request, and after an accident
- Properly screen potential hires’ background history before employing
If trucking companies or truck drivers disobey these rules, they may be held liable for the damages that result from collisions they cause.
Forked Island Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
There were 510 accidents that involved injuries in 2019 in Vermilion Parish, according to the Louisiana Crash Data Reports published by the Center for Analytics and Research in Transportation Safety.
Car accidents tend to be caused by some form of driver error, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Failing to yield
- Failing to decrease speed in poor weather or road conditions
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
Click to contact our Forked Island Personal Injury Lawyers today
Maritime workers are covered by 46 U.S. Code § 30104, which is part of the Jones Act and provides the right to compensation for injured sea workers who get harmed in:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Machinery crushing accidents
- Other accidents caused by someone’s negligence, including their employer
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Louisianan law holds negligent dog owners responsible for injuries their dogs cause unto others. If a dog owner knew that a dog had previously attacked someone or had the propensity to attack a person, they may be expected to take reasonable steps to prevent injury. If they fail to take these steps, the owner may be held liable for any resulting injuries.
Property owners who fail to maintain safe conditions on their property may be held liable for their negligence. Injured victims may be able to recover compensation from a property owner or manager who:
- Creates a dangerous condition on the property
- Fails to correct a known hazard on the property
- Fails to warn visitors of a danger on the property
- Fails to take steps to protect visitors from harm caused by third parties
Slips and Falls
Visitors of a property who sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident may be able to recover compensation if they can show the following legal elements of negligence occurred:
- A hazard was on the floor
- The property owner knew of the hazard or should have known about the hazard
- The property owner failed to fix the hazard
- The visitor slipped and fell because of the hazard and suffered damages
Product liability holds the manufacturers and others involved in the stream of commerce responsible for their products if they sell defective products to unsuspecting consumers and harm them.
A product may be defective in one of the following ways:
- Manufacturing: A manufacturing defect involves a mistake made during the manufacturing process that causes a limited number of units to be manufactured below specifications or product standards.
- Design: A design defect involves a design that made a product inherently dangerous.
- Warning: A warning defect involves a product that does not contain the necessary warnings to prevent foreseeable injuries to consumers.
Drugs that get misdiagnosed or prescribed at a dangerous dosage for a patient can lead to serious health complications, including seizures, heart problems, internal organ damage, and even death. If you or your loved one was harmed by a dangerous drug, contact us to learn more about your rights.
You can hire a Forked Island personal injury lawyer to represent you if you were injured by a defective medical device. If you suffered an injury from one of the following devices, we can discuss your potential claim:
- A pacemaker that did not properly regulate your heart rhythm
- A breast implant that ruptured
- A birth control device that migrated to another part of the body
- A metallic device that broke off and caused injury to your organs
- A heart valve implant that leaked or broke
- An improperly sterilized gynecological device that caused infertility
Mass torts involve similar claims against a common defendant. While one claim of this nature may not be substantial enough to warrant the time and expense of a legal case, joining together with similar cases can often help plaintiffs leverage their resources.
If a personal injury led to the loss of your loved one, the Louisiana Civil Code § 2315.2 gives you up to one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the wrongdoer. This law allows you to pursue compensation for the economic and noneconomic damages associated with the loss, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost support
- Burial experiences
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Because you have a limited amount of time to file a claim, do not hesitate to hire a lawyer who can help you with your lawsuit.
Call Our Law Firm for a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one was harmed in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, a Forked Island personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury can help you build a personal injury case.
We will investigate your claim, identify all potential sources of compensation, gather evidence to support your claim, and negotiate for a fair settlement. Because we work on a contingency fee basis, you owe us no attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation.
Your initial consultation is free. Contact us today at (337) 777-7777 to learn more.