You could recover damages if you were hurt in a rear-end collision in Hammond that someone else caused. You could also receive awards if your loved one died because of injuries from a rear-end accident.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will guide you through the legal process every step of the way. We will gather evidence, calculate your losses, and negotiate with the liable parties in your accident. A lawyer from our firm who serves the Hammond area will do everything possible to secure a judgment or settlement on your behalf.
Why Hire an Attorney?
We put our experience, knowledge, and hard work to use for you. While we handle the legal part of your case, you can worry about recovering from your accident. Our goal is to maximize your financial recovery by:
- Retaining experts to assist with your case
- Gathering evidence such as police reports, video footage, witness accounts, photographs, and forensic evidence
- Reconstructing your accident if no video footage is available
- Compose a thorough calculation of your losses
- Collect all supporting documentation of your losses
Determining Liable Parties
Before entering negotiations, we identify all parties who are liable for your accident. This generally includes an at-fault driver, but it could also include other parties, such as:
- Vehicle and parts manufacturers
- Government agencies
All of these are among those who can be liable for a rear-end collision in Hammond. If anyone was negligent in causing your losses, we will make the case that:
- The negligent party had a duty of care to act reasonably.
- The negligent party did not act reasonably, and in doing so, breached their duty of care.
- The breach of duty of care contributed to your accident.
- The breach of duty of care has caused losses stemming from your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Hammond, call (337) 777-7777
Our Firm Is Always Available to You
We have someone available to discuss your case at all times of the day. We will answer your questions, address your concerns, and update you about your case.
We want you to be free from the worry of a lawsuit. We keep you involved if you would like to be and handle your case in its totality. We want you to be able to focus on other matters should you wish to.
Hammond Rear-end Collisions Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Team Will Work Hard to Pursue a Fair Award for Your Losses
We examine all of your losses to determine what awards you deserve. Our team will:
- Investigate your accident
- Identify specific injuries that you or your loved one suffered
- Review medical expenses and other losses
- Determine the settlement amount we will pursue
Rear-end collisions in Hammond can cause the following types of losses. We will seek compensation for each of these and other damages you suffer.
Past and Future Lost Income
We pursue lost income when an injury prevents you from working. You may deserve coverage for short-term, long-term, or permanent injury.
The work-related damages we will seek coverage for are:
- The income you have missed
- The future income you will lose
- Permanent loss of income
- A decline in your future earning power
- Lost productivity
- Missed bonuses due to lost productivity
- Loss of work-related benefits such as a 401(k)
We would pursue coverage for these losses if your loved one experienced a wrongful death. The National Safety Council (NSC) explains that injury- and death-causing accidents can cost tens of thousands of dollars or even millions. We seek coverage for all your losses, including professional harm.
Damage to Your Vehicle
A rear-end collision generally causes damage to the rear of your vehicle. Liable parties may have to pay to repair or replace your vehicle. We could also secure compensation for:
- A rental vehicle
- Taxi fare
- Ridesharing expenses
- Costs of other forms of transportation
If personal property inside or fastened to your vehicle was damaged, we will pursue coverage for that damage, as well.
Medical expenses will be a key part of any settlement we negotiate for you. These costs can be great. You should not have to pay out of pocket for medical care when you are not at fault, or are only partially at fault, for your accident.
Where applicable, we seek financial recovery for:
- Ambulance transportation from the accident scene
- Emergency room treatment
- Tests required to diagnose your injuries
- Care you receive while in the hospital
- Follow-up medical care
- The cost of transportation to medical appointments
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
The Mayo Clinic explains that whiplash, an injury associated with rear-end collisions, can have “long-lasting complications.” A lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will fight for medical coverage after your rear-end collision in Hammond.
Our Representation Comes at No Upfront Cost to You
Your financial situation is of no concern to us. Our clients do not pay for our services out of their pockets. We review cases based on whether you deserve justice. If you have an eligible case, then we accept it.
We do not receive payment unless we win your case. We will negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial if we need to. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has recovered more than $200 million for our clients to date.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now