Accidents can leave victims reeling, but a Gretna side-impact collision lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you get your life back on track. We can help you seek the financial compensation you need to pay for your injuries, vehicle damages, and other expenses.
When you choose to work with our team, you are choosing a firm with more than 250 years of combined legal experience. We offer our clients:
- Familiarity with auto insurance claims
- Experience with personal injury cases
- Knowledge of Louisiana car accident laws
- An established relationship with the Louisiana court system
- Personalized care and attention
We Can Take Care of Your Insurance Claim
A Gretna side-impact collision lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can fight for the highest possible insurance settlement for your accident. Our team can assist you with:
- Gathering your medical records and bills
- Communicating with your insurance company and the insurance company representing the other driver or liable parties
- Obtaining evidence to prove that another party is liable for your crash, including photos and video footage, repair bills, witness statements, and expert testimony
- Negotiating for a settlement with the representative of the other involved parties, including insurers, lawyers, or claims adjusters
- Organizing and submitting necessary paperwork according to set deadlines
- Reviewing your settlement offers
Our lawyers will not allow insurance companies to push our clients around. We will be with you every step of the way. We will fight back against lowball offers and denied claims, and we will not let big insurers pressure you into accepting a settlement that is less than fair.
We Can Defend Your Rights On Trial If Necessary
If we cannot settle your case through an insurance claim, our team can assist you with a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit in Louisiana is:
- One year from when your injuries occurred for a personal injury lawsuit, per CC §3492.
- One year from your loved one’s date of death for a wrongful death lawsuit, per CC §2315.2.
Damages You May Be Able to Recover
Depending on the nature of your accident and injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for your:
Medical treatment is expensive, and if you have severe injuries, you may require a settlement that accounts for your future medical needs. A lawyer from our firm can help you pursue compensation for your:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Diagnostic testing
- Surgery and other procedures
- Mobility aids and medical devices
- Inpatient or outpatient therapies
- Rehabilitation services
Severe or Permanent Injuries
Some car accident injuries, such as head injuries or injuries to the spinal cord, can result in permanent physical and/or cognitive disabilities. You may win compensation for your disability or pain and suffering if you have significant scarring or disfigurement, loss of mobility or paralysis, or another severe and permanent injury.
Pain And Suffering
Pain and suffering damages compensate victims for the physical and mental anguish associated with their injuries and accidents. This may cover conditions like insomnia and depression.
Other Types of Damages
You may also be eligible for awards for:
- Wages lost due to being out of work because of your accident and recovery
- Loss of future earning capacity if you can no longer work or perform the job you did before your accident.
- Vocational rehabilitation if you need help learning a new career
- Property damages to pay for your vehicle and other personal items harmed or destroyed during your crash
Wrongful Death Damages
If you are pursuing a wrongful death case, you may be able to recover damages such as:
- Pre-death medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
Potentially Liable Parties In a Car Accident Case
Driving error is the cause of the majority of vehicle accidents. This could include actions like texting and driving, speeding, running stoplights or stop signs, failing to yield, or driving while intoxicated. If a negligent or reckless driver caused your side-impact collision, our attorneys can help you prove it.
Poorly maintained roads, vehicle part defects, faulty traffic signals, and other vehicle and roadway conditions can also cause and/or contribute to auto accidents. If this is the case in your side-impact collision, our lawyers may be able to help you hold the entity responsible for the vehicle defects or the owner of the roadway financially responsible.
Louisiana’s Comparative Fault System
Even if your own actions contributed to your accident, you might still be able to win compensation proportional to your degree of responsibility. According to CC §2323, the court will assess your degree of negligence and assign you a percentage. Any compensation you win is then reduced by your fault percentage.
For example, if you win a $100,000 court award and the judge decides that you are 20% at fault for the accident, you will ultimately receive $80,000. This statute applies to court cases, but your degree of fault may enter into insurance negotiations as well.
Here at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, We Get Results
The sooner you reach out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, the sooner a Gretna side-impact collision lawyer from our firm can get started working toward compensation for you. Out past case results include:
- $125,000 for a car accident victim who suffered back and leg injuries
- $180,000 for a victim who suffered a neck injury in a car accident caused by a defective tire
- $400,000 for a victim whose vehicle was hit by a drunk driver
- $2 million for a vehicle accident resulting in spinal cord injuries
Contact an Attorney Today
We can help you fight for compensation at no up-front cost to you. Our firm works on contingency, which means we do not get paid unless we win a verdict or settlement in your favor. Call us at (337) 777-7777 to get started with a free case review from a member of our team.
Get The HelpYou Need(337) 777-7777To Schedule a FREE CONSULATION
24 hours a day • 7 days a week