Rear-end collisions can cause serious head, neck, or back injuries due to the sudden jarring force from behind. In some cases, victims suffer whiplash or a traumatic brain injury (TBI), and spinal cord damage. These injuries can add up to high medical bills and long recovery periods. An Alexandria rear-end collisions lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers full legal assistance and representation for victims in car accidents that a driver’s negligence causes.
Our Alexandria car accident lawyers understand the pain and frustration that clients go through when trying to recover their losses. If you seek help with your claim, contact us today. A rear-end car accident lawyer from our firm may be able to represent you. For a free case assessment with a member of our personal injury team, call us today at (318) 777-7777.
Negligent Driving Can Cause Rear-End Collisions in Alexandria, LA
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly one-third of all collisions are rear-end crashes. These types of accidents often occur for the following reasons:
- Drunk driving
- Poor road conditions
- Brake, headlight, or brake malfunction
- Distracted driving/texting
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Traffic violations
Driver negligence causes many of these accidents. When this happens, the driver may be liable for the injuries they cause.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Alexandria, call (318) 777-7777
Our Rear-End Collision Lawyer in Alexandria, LA, Can Fight for Your Damages
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers takes on all types of car accident cases, including those involving rear endings. An Alexandria rear-end collisions lawyer from our firm can investigate the details of your accident, identify the at-fault party, and pursue compensation based on your damages when we represent you. Along the way, our Alexandria personal injury lawyer will also:
- Answer any questions you have and explain what to expect throughout the legal process
- Communicate with any parties who reach out to you about the case
- Compile evidence into a compelling compensation claim
- Review your medical records and other documents to understand the scope of your damages
- Add up the value of each loss you experienced before seeking damages
- Negotiate for a settlement that accounts for all your damages
- Help you weigh any settlement offers you receive from the insurer
- Identify the filing deadline and advise you on the right time to file a lawsuit
- Prepare you for court, should the case go to trial
You will never have to face an insurer or liable party alone with our rear-end car accident lawyer on your side.
Proving Negligence in an Alexandria Rear-End Collision
As we review the accident, we will collect evidence that can help us prove the opposing party’s negligence. We could also set out to prove the other party’s negligence if you rear-ended them.
Negligence occurs when someone’s carelessness or recklessness causes an accident. We must prove the following occurred to prove negligence:
- Duty of care: All motorists owe one another a duty of care to operate their vehicles safely and keep others reasonably away from harm.
- Breach of duty: A motorist breaches their duty of care if they act dangerously while on the road. Actions such as braking suddenly or driving while distracted, under the influence, or tired are all examples of breaches if someone is injured as a result of these actions.
- Causation: Causation involves showing how someone’s carelessness directly causes harm. In this case, we would have to prove how the opposing party’s actions or inactions directly caused your Alexandria rear-end accident.
- Damages: As a result of the rear-end collision, you suffered compensatory damages, such as medical bills for injuries you had to have treated after the accident
Our rear-end collision lawyer in Alexandria, LA, can advise you on these elements and how they pertain to your case during a free consultation. You can learn more during a free consultation.
What It’s Like Working With Our Alexandria, LA, Rear-End Collision Law Firm
During our free consultation, we’ll listen to your account of the collision that occurred in Alexandria and discuss your potential options for seeking financial recovery. You will have the space to share any information or evidence you have during this meeting.
We’ll also discuss our fee structure, which we base on contingency. When you work with our Alexandria rear-end accident lawyer with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you pay no upfront fees for us to get started.
Our firm will take on the cost to develop and pursue your case and only charge attorney’s fees when we win. We take a percentage of the settlement or court award, so you never have to pay out of pocket for representation.
We Produce Results for Collision Victims in Alexandria, LA
With 100 years of combined experience, our rear-end collision attorneys in Alexandria, LA, know how to secure settlements and verdicts for our clients. Some of our previous case results include:
- $5,000,000 for a driver who suffered paralysis
- $1,611,000 for a client who suffered spinal cord injuries
- $400,000 for a client who suffered a shoulder injury in a crash with a drunk driver
- $265,000 for a client’s collision-related back injury
As these results show, car accident damages vary widely from case to case. We will take the time to accurately value your damages from the rear-end collision in Alexandria and seek a fair award for you.
Hear From Our Previous Clients in Alexandria
Past clients we’ve served in Alexandria consistently praise the quality and value of our services. Our Google reviews say it all:
- “I don’t know what I would have done without the help from Laborde Earles Law Firm. I got nowhere with the insurance company of the person that cause my accident, so I decided to call Laborde Earles Law Firm. They were very friendly and gave me confidence that they would handle my case.” – Lizz Hayward
- “They go above and beyond to keep me updated on all my needs.” – Charles Plumber
- “Very professional law firm! Wouldn’t choose anyone else!” – Amy Dodge
Alexandria Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (318) 777-7777
Damages You Could Claim in an Alexandria Rear-End Collision Case
In a personal injury case, there are different types of economic and non-economic damages you may be entitled to recover. The value of your rear-end car crash case depends on the extent of your losses and how the accident affected your life overall. You may be eligible to recover the following losses:
- Medical expenses, both past and future
- Lost income
- Physical agony
- Mental or emotional distress
- Property damage
- Other rear-end car crash-related losses
Medical expenses may include emergency care, specialized treatment, hospital stays, rehabilitation, in-home services, or checkup visits to your doctor. Loss of income could entail lost income, wages, benefits, bonuses, tips, or lost job opportunities.
If you are disabled due to a back, neck, or spinal injury after a rear-end crash in Alexandria, you may also be eligible to recover your losses related to your disability or diminished earning capacity.
Negotiating a Settlement With the Insurance Company After an Alexandria Rear-End Crash
If you are rear-ended, and another party is at fault, you may receive compensation from the negligent party’s insurance company. However, if you are like other victims, you may be unfamiliar with how the personal injury claim process goes. As a result, you may accept a low settlement from the insurer or feel that you have no options if your claim is denied.
An Alexandria rear-end collisions lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can handle all negotiations and pursue a settlement in the following ways when we represent you:
After we have investigated your case and produced evidence of the responsible party’s liability and the extent of your injuries, we will submit your claim to the insurance company and await their response. The insurer will either accept your claim as-is, offer you a lower settlement, or deny your claim. From there, our team can negotiate for a better settlement or take the case to court.
Take Your Lawsuit to Trial
If the insurance company denies your claim or they offer you a settlement that does not reflect your damages, we can take your case to trial. This could allow a judge or jury to determine if you are owed compensation and how much. We will continue to fight for a fair settlement on your behalf at trial, if necessary.
Note that, per CC Art. 3492, personal injury cases in Louisiana have a one-year filing deadline from the date of your injuries. We recommend getting started on your case promptly, as this one-year time frame can pass quickly. If you miss this deadline, you could be barred from seeking compensation in the future.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help From Our Alexandria, LA, Rear-End Collisions Lawyer – Call Us Now
Submitting a claim for a personal injury while recovering from your losses can be challenging. When an Alexandria rear-end collisions lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers handles your case, you can concentrate on your recovery and leave the rest to us.
Our rear-end collision law firm serves clients in Alexandria from our 100 Versailles Boulevard office. To get started with a free consultation on your case, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (318) 777-7777.