News of a fatal car accident is always devastating. Your initial shock may give way to pain and suffering, medical bills, financial struggles, and other damages. A Forest Hill fatal car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will fight for compensation for economic and non-economic losses.
Our firm steps up when our fellow Louisianans need us most. We have recovered more than $200 million for clients, and we’ll handle every step of your case in Forest Hill.
When You Lose a Loved One in a Fatal Car Accident, You Can Rely on Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
A fatal car accident case in Forest Hill is among the most important case types a personal injury lawyer handles. When choosing a lawyer to seek justice for your tragic loss, you should find a law firm that:
- Understands the gravity of fatal car accident cases
- Has a record of success in high-stakes wrongful death cases
- Has successfully completed similar cases in Forest Hill
- Has a stellar reputation among former clients
This description fits Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We have a diverse team of attorneys and paralegals to offer you, and many of them are Louisiana natives. These ties to the Bayou State give us a personal connection to every case we handle.
How We Treat Fatal Accident Clients in Forest Hill
When you hire a fatal car accident attorney from our firm, you should have a few basic expectations. Our firm will:
- Handle your case with class: You have lost a loved one, and we’ll never forget the sensitivity of your circumstances. Expect privacy, discretion, and respect for your loved one’s memory.
- Fight for your maximum financial recovery: Liable parties must be accountable for the loss of your loved one’s life. This means that we must fight for the entire financial recovery you are entitled to, and we will. Our team recovered $23 million for one wrongful death client, indicating how we will never settle for less than you deserve.
- Remain available for questions and concerns: You should be able to speak with your attorney whenever you need. Our team is available 24/7. If your lawyer is not available right when you call, text, or email, they will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Take the legal process off of your hands: Grieving loved ones deserve to mourn in peace. You can be with your loved ones while we handle every step of your legal case.
One former client summarizes what it means to have our firm’s support:
“David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get us what we deserved. He was a great lawyer and went above and beyond.” – Kelsie
Your Forest Hill fatal car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will update you as necessary. As soon as we learn of an update in your case, we’ll reach out.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer serving Forest Hill, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages for Your Fatal Car Accident in Forest Hill
The National Safety Council (NSC) explains that a handful of economic losses from a fatal accident cost $1.75 million, on average. This gives you perspective of how costly a wrongful death is. This figure does not even account for several economic and non-economic losses you may suffer.
Your recoverable damages may include:
Pain and Suffering
A loss that we see in every wrongful death case, pain and suffering affects both the decedent and surviving loved ones like you. This type of damage can include physical pain, emotional distress, grief, depression, thoughts of self-harm, lost sleep, lost quality of life, and other non-economic losses.
Expenses from the Fatal Accident
You may face several expenses resulting from the fatal accident, including:
- The decedent’s medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Cremation expenses
- Vehicle repair costs
- Repair of other damaged property
- Temporary transportation
We will include these kinds of damages in your wrongful death lawsuit in Forest Hill.
Lost Financial Support
When you lost your loved one in such sudden circumstances, you also may have lost:
- The skills and labor they performed around your household
- Their regular income
- Any promotions and bonuses they may have earned in the future
- Their work-related benefits, including healthcare and retirement contributions
You should not face financial pressure because someone took your loved one away. Our team will work to get all of the compensation you need to be financially secure.
The Non-Economic Costs of Losing a Loved One
First and foremost, you have lost someone you love. Losing this person may also mean losing:
- A spouse’s intimacy and companionship
- A child’s support and joy
- A parent’s guidance
- Other benefits that only the decedent provided
These are the human aspects of a lawsuit that our team is familiar with. We will learn about your fallen loved one and make sure that liable parties understand what they have taken from you.
Forest Hill Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We’ll Provide All Necessary Legal Services in Forest Hill
Our team will meet with you to gather information about your case and get any useful documents you already have. However, plan for your car accident lawyer to lead the rest of the legal process.
- Complete a thorough investigation of the accident
- Identify all liable parties
- Gather evidence
- Obtain witness accounts
- Get the police report
- Handle all paperwork and communications
- Seek a settlement
- Complete a trial, if necessary
We do not always take cases to trial. In many cases, we get the money the client deserves through a settlement. However, both options will be in play as we handle your case in Forest Hill.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
Do not wait to hire a Forest Hill fatal car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. CC Art. 2315.2 generally requires us to file your case within one year of your loved one’s passing. There can be exceptions to this deadline, but the risk of waiting could be catastrophic.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation. We’ll start your case in Forest Hill as soon as possible.