Losing a family member is a stressful and difficult experience for loved ones. If another person or entity’s negligent actions caused your loved one’s death, your family might be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you have our entire team’s condolences. You also have our commitment to fight hard for the best possible outcome of your case.
Our Forest Hill wrongful death lawyer knows nothing can atone for your family’s loss of a loved one. We also know you are entitled to hold the negligent party financially accountable for your loss. We will review the costs your family incurred and the toll your loss has taken. We also will ensure the designated family members file the appropriate action as Louisiana law outlines.
Your Family Could Recover Damages From the Negligent Party
No amount of compensation can make up for the loss your family experienced. We understand that. We also understand the benefits your family can experience by holding the at-fault party financially accountable for their actions.
When we request compensation on your behalf, we request the following recoverable damages:
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Your family’s pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of consortium and companionship
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we fight for the compensation your family needs and deserves. Our wrongful death lawyer representing families in Forest Hill will also ensure your case meets all required legal parameters.
Louisiana’s Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations
Your family has a limited time to file a wrongful death action. While you cope with changing family dynamics, we can focus on your case. In Forest Hill, you generally have one year to file your lawsuit, according to CC Art. 2315.2. If the statute of limitations expires:
- The court will not permit you to file your lawsuit.
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard.
- You will have no legal avenue to compel compensation.
Many factors associated with your case can toll or alter the statutory filing date. Leave it to us. Our law firm will ensure the statute of limitations is accurately interpreted. We will also ensure compliance and remove the risks of non-compliance.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Forest Hill, call (337) 777-7777
Why Choose Our Wrongful Death Lawyer Serving Forest Hill, LA
Filing a wrongful death action can be legally and emotionally challenging. By trusting our legal team with your case, you can focus on your family’s emotional recovery. To bolster and support your case, we will:
- Review the cause of your loved one’s demise
- Accurately assign negligence and financial liability
- Review your loved one’s cause of death with a medical expert
- Interview witnesses whenever feasible and possible
- Review all relevant police, accident, or incident reports
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement
Our law firm never stops fighting for your family or for your right to recovery. We start with a free review of your case and listen to your version of events with kindness, empathy, and compassion.
Forest Hill Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Forest Hill Wrongful Death Practice Areas
When we represent you, we explain your legal rights and the at-fault party’s liability. We support families who lost a loved one in the following types of negligence-based accidents:
- Car accidents
- Defective devices
- Maritime injuries
- Premise liabilities
- Truck accidents
- Zantac cancer
- Dangerous drugs
- Dog bites or attacks
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
Our wrongful death attorneys in Forest Hill, LA, will ensure you understand the damages possible in a wrongful death case. We also explain the possible timeline of your settlement and the steps involved in building your case.
Click to contact our Forest Hill Personal Injury Lawyers today
Establishing Financial Liability for Your Family’s Loss When Wrongful Death Occurs
To prove the at-fault party’s liability, we thoroughly document the negligence that led to your loved one’s demise. The evidence we collect for you will prove the at-fault party:
- Owed your loved one a duty of care
- Failed to provide the required care
- Caused your loved one’s demise
- Caused your financial consequences
Evidence tells the story of your loved one’s demise. Our wrongful death lawyers in Forest Hill, LA, will handle evidence collection and ensure your family’s voice is heard.
Evidence That Supports Your Family’s Right to Compensation
Our investigation will help us prove your right to recover damages. The evidence file we create for you will include the following:
- Your loved one’s medical records
- Proof of your loved one’s income
- Accident, incident, or another report
- Lay and expert witness statements
- Your loved one’s death certificate
Our wrongful death attorney serving Forest Hill, LA, will collect and organize your evidence. We also present it to the at-fault party’s insurance company and use it to steer the settlement negotiation process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Forest Hill, LA, Are Dedicated to Families That Have Suffered Losses
The loss of a beloved family member requires more than legal service. It also requires care and support for the surviving family members. Our previous wrongful death clients say the following about our law firm:
- Oshanda Olivier: Lark has been my strength [and] my motivation to keep living after the fatality of losing my husband a few months ago in an auto accident…[This] awesome team treated me like a person and not just a case or a number.
- Quwayne Baisden: Lark at Laborde did my intake process for losing my loved one in a car accident and she is awesome…I felt their loyalty and commitment to work as best and as hard as they can to help me deal with the loss and recovery process to help me and my kids.
We are passionate about helping surviving family members after a negligence-based loss. Your family can count on our law firm to fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Get Legal Support for Your Family Now – Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Forest Hill, LA, Can Help
If your family recently experienced the loss of a loved one, you have the condolences of our entire law firm. You also have our commitment to recover the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
Our Forest Hill wrongful death lawyers help area families with their legal matters. Call our case review team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today so we can start working for you and your family.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form