If you or someone you love was injured or harmed by a defective product, you could have the basis of an insurance claim or lawsuit. Our Forest Hill product liability lawyer will help you pursue the product’s manufacturer. With our guidance and support, you can recover the costs of your medical care, pain and suffering, income loss, and more.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will review your case at no cost or obligation to you. We will collect and organize evidence, consult relevant experts, and negotiate a favorable settlement. Our legal team will not stop fighting for you. We will create a comprehensive list of your recoverable damages and fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
How Louisiana Defines Product Liability
Product liability is a type of personal injury case which means you must prove negligence to seek compensation. Our law firm will help you prove the product manufacturer’s duty, breach, causation, and damages. When these factors are in place, a product liability case could stem from any of the following:
- Design defect — the product had flaws or defects that were part of its original design process
- Manufacturing defect — the product had defects related to the manufacturing process
- Warning defect — the product’s manufacturer failed to fully disclose its known risks
We will investigate every avenue of compensation and ensure the product’s flaws and liability are depicted by the evidence we collect for you. Our investigation will prove the cause of your injuries and the basis of your product liability case.
Cases Our Product Liability Lawyer in Forest Hill, LA Handles
Almost any product can fail to perform as promised — this does not form the basis of product liability. If the product is defective, you could have a viable case. Our law firm helps clients injured or harmed in the following ways:
- Defective auto parts
- Dangerous medications
- Faulty medical devices
- Harmful children’s products
- Defective power tools
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we are passionate about holding manufacturers responsible when their products hurt consumers. The product that caused your injuries does not have to be part of a voluntary or involuntary recall. Our product liability lawyer serving Forest Hill will prove you were using the product in question as intended.
Our Product Liability Attorneys in Forest Hill, LA Will Pursue Compensation
By defining liability for defective products, we hold the manufacturer responsible for its resulting financial aftermath. The product and the type of injury or harm it caused can mean your recoverable damages will vary greatly from case to case.
Recoverable economic damages typically include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Assistive medical devices
- Treatment-related travel expenses
Because the damage of a defective product can have far-reaching repercussions, we also request many forms of non-economic damages. These can include:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our legal team will review every detail of your case. We may also consult experts to define the cost of care you may require in the future. Our goal is to make sure your product liability case is not undervalued or underpaid.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Forest Hill, call (337) 777-7777
Louisiana’s Product Liability Filing Deadline
Every civil lawsuit filed in Louisiana courts has a required filing deadline. The statute of limitations determines how much time you have to file your lawsuit in civil court. Accordingly:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally one year from the date of injury or discovery, according to CC Art. 3492
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally one year from the date of a loved one’s demise, according to CC Art. 2315.2
Complying with the statute of limitations can be complicated when many of the factors of your case can cause it to change. The best way to ensure accurate interpretation and timely filing is to let our law firm handle it for you.
Our Fee Structure Helps You Comply With the Statute of Limitations
When our law firm handles your case, you do not have to forego legal guidance and support out of concern for its costs. We will represent you on a contingency fee basis. You will incur no out-of-pocket or upfront costs. Instead, our team will cover all upfront costs in your case, including:
- Investigation costs
- Paperwork fees
- Expert witnesses
- Evidence collection
In lieu of traditional attorneys’ fees, we will accept a percentage of any financial award you receive. If you are not awarded damages, you will owe our law firm nothing. This fee structure means you can get started quickly and avoid the risks of an expired statute of limitations.
Forest Hill Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Our Product Liability Lawyers in Forest Hill, LA Will Do for You
Our law firm works hard to provide outstanding client service and support. When you choose to work with our lawyer, we will do the following:
- Investigate what happened
- Determine the liable party or parties
- Gather evidence to support your case (e.g., your medical records, eyewitness statements, any photos or surveillance video of the incident and your subsequent injuries)
- File all pertinent paperwork on time with the proper court
- Handle all communications with the at-fault party’s insurance company or defense team
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Take your case to court if necessary
- Keep you updated on any new developments
You are never alone when our product liability team handles your case. Every member of our team goes to bat for you and for the best possible outcome of your case.
Your Product Liability Case Review Is Always Free
If a dangerous product injured you or a loved one, our product liability lawyer serving Forest Hill can help you recover compensation. We will investigate your case and prove the product’s defect and the manufacturer’s liability.
Contact our case review team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to find out how hard we fight for you. The call is free and there is no obligation.