Were you or someone you love injured by a negligent driver? If so, you could have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Our Forest Hill pedestrian accident lawyer will help you identify the at-fault driver and build a strong case for compensation. We will conduct an independent investigation into your accident and collect evidence that supports your right to compensation.
On your own, the process of recovering personal injury damages can be daunting. You do not have to navigate this complex process on your own. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we stop at nothing to recover the compensation you need and deserve. We also make sure your case complies with all relevant Louisiana laws.
Commonly Reported Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Forest Hills
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research, more than 7,000 pedestrians were injured in traffic accidents in 2020. Injuries pedestrians suffer commonly include:
- Soft tissue injuries, including sprains, dislocations, and contusions
- Broken bones and fractures from the impact and the resulting fall
- Neck and shoulder injuries, including whiplash and broken collarbones
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back and spine injuries, including temporary or permanent paralysis
When we represent you, we explain how fault is determined in a pedestrian accident in Louisiana. Establishing fault means proving the at-fault driver owed you a duty of care and breached their responsibility to provide it. We also prove their actions caused your injuries and their resulting financial consequences.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Forest Hill, call (337) 777-7777
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Serving Forest Hill, LA Will Explain Your Options
Without legal guidance and support, it can be hard to understand the range of recoverable damages you are entitled to receive. Our law firm will investigate every detail of your case and obtain all pertinent records that prove its financial value.
Recovering The Costs of Your Medical Care
Because you or your loved one was not protected from the impact of the collision, your injuries can be substantial. So can your resulting medical care and expenses. We fight hard to ensure the at-fault driver covers the costs of:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency room fees
- Hospital admission
- Assistive medical devices
- Required medications
- Surgical intervention
Because an accident like this can cause psychological and emotional trauma, we also ensure you recover the costs of mental health care and support.
Additional Recoverable Damages
Physical and psychological health care costs are only one portion of your injury claim. When assessing your damages, we also include the following recoverable damages:
- Current and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Our pedestrian accident attorney serving Forest Hill, LA, will create a comprehensive list of your recoverable damages. Our goal is to ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
Forest Hill Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Meeting The Statute of Limitations
Failure to comply with the statute of limitations or misinterpreting its application to your case can be costly. In fact, it could prevent you from filing your lawsuit at all. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our pedestrian accident lawyer serving Forest Hill will ensure your case is filed on time.
In general, you have:
- Up to one year from the date of the accident to meet the personal injury statute of limitations, according to CC Art. 3492
- Up to one year from the date of a loved one’s demise to meet the wrongful death statute of limitations, according to CC Art. 2315.2
Pedestrian accidents can involve adults or children. When a minor child is injured in an accident, the statute of limitations can toll or pause until their eighteenth birthday. Additional factors can also alter the filing deadlines, which can make compliance difficult. The best way to make sure your case is filed on time is to let our law firm handle it for you.
Recovering Damages After a Pedestrian Accident Fatality
If your family lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you have our heartfelt condolences. You also have our commitment to fight for your family. Damages we recover for you include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of the domestic support
- Loss of consortium and society
- Loss of parental guidance
Our team will ensure a wrongful death action is filed by the appropriate family member and within the allotted time frame.
Click to contact our Forest Hill Personal Injury Lawyers today
Our Fee Structure Means You Can Get Started Right Away
An accidental injury can have a huge financial impact on you and your family. When we represent you, we do not increase your financial burden with large retainers and fees. Instead, we represent you on a contingency fee basis.
Our law firm will accept a percentage of your settlement or verdict as compensation. If your case does not result in a financial award, you will owe us no fees at all.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Fights Hard for Personal Injury Clients
Our law firm is passionate about fighting for financial compensation for our injured clients. Clients we represented in the past left the following testimonials about our legal service and support:
- Keith: “I was feeling more and more pain and went to the doctor. I had two surgeries in my neck and my back. I made an appointment with David and it was a real good experience.”
- Kelsie: “…David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get what us what we deserved. He was a great lawyer and went above and beyond.”
Recovering compensation after a negligence-based accident is a complex process. Leave it to us. We fight hard for fair and appropriate compensation for you and your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Forest Hill, LA, Help
If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian accident in Forest Hill, our legal team will help you build a case for compensation. Find out how hard we fight for you with a free consultation. Contact our case review team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form