No one can estimate the average Uber accident settlement amount. There are several factors that affect the amount a victim can receive. Every case is different, but if you experienced any form of loss related to an Uber accident, you could be eligible for compensation. A personal injury lawyer can help navigate the legal process.
Potential Compensation for an Uber Accident
The duration and extent of your suffering in an Uber accident is the biggest factor that could affect an Uber accident settlement amount. Examples of how your life could have been impacted include:
- Expensive medical bills
- Lost opportunities to work and earn wages
- Challenges for your children or other dependents in your life
- Legal fees
- Property damage or loss
- Emotional trauma
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle accidents, including rideshare accidents, cause thousands of preventable fatalities each year in the United States. In tragic cases, the wrongful death of a loved one can be caused by an Uber accident.
- Much more
While you can suffer in many ways in a rideshare accident, the good news is that you also have the legal right to pursue justice. The more serious your injuries and loss, the more you could recover. Speaking with a lawyer could give you a better sense of the specific amount you could expect if your claim is successful.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Proving Liability for an Uber Accident
In order to win your claim, it could be necessary to prove in court that a third party was at fault and that your life was negatively impacted by the accident. Keeping records and documentation of any medical bills, expenses for property damage, and other losses can help you obtain compensation.
Proving third-party liability is equally important, and it could be helpful to have a lawyer by your side to strengthen your case by organizing the details in a legally sound manner.
Examples of Liability
Examples of third-party liability that could hold up in court and result in a successful claim following an Uber accident include:
- An Uber driver who is operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding, driving recklessly, tailgating, or other blatant failures to adhere to traffic law
- A driver who is impersonating a rideshare driver
- Mechanical failures in an Uber vehicle that result in an accident and could be caused by the negligence of the vehicle owner to properly address these issues
- Driving while listening to loud music, looking away from the road, staring at a phone, or engaging in other forms of distracted driving
- Driver inexperience, or operating a vehicle without a valid license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Much more
Hiring a Lawyer To Help
There are many possible benefits to hiring a lawyer. If you are thinking of filing a claim, hiring a lawyer could potentially help your case by:
- Helping you organize your case
- Keeping you on top of important deadlines so your case remains on track
- Answer your questions about the claim process at any time from start to finish
- Giving you peace of mind knowing you have experienced professionals in your corner
- Help manage how much compensation you might recover
- Assisting with legal paperwork
- Much more
Whether you recover the average Uber accident settlement amount or much more, it may not be possible at all unless you have a legal team to help.
The Unique Nature of Uber Accident Cases
Uber accidents are unique because they involve individual drivers who use their own vehicles for rideshare services. A driver using their own car without the Uber app engaged might be covered by their own insurance, but once the application is active and they are waiting for a ride, Uber insurance covers any possible accidents.
There are also different policies depending on what phase a ride is in. For example, while a driver is waiting for a passenger, coverages are different than they are once a passenger is picked up, and a ride is initiated.
Deciding who is at fault and which party is responsible for having their insurance cover damages is work your legal team can take over. The bottom line is that if you unfairly experienced loss in an Uber accident, you deserve compensation. Because the average Uber settlement amount is significant, it could be in your interest to explore your options.
You Could Have a Limited Amount of Time to Act
One important consideration as you evaluate your options is the statute of limitations. This refers to state laws that govern how long claimants have to take action from the time of an accident. Depending on where your accident took place, your window to act could vary, but regardless of your specific timeframe, acting as soon as possible is the only way to ensure your case remains valid.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us Today to Work With an Uber Accident Lawyer
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our team is dedicated to helping clients like you.
Contact us today, and we can help you evaluate your options and decide if filing a claim is right for you.