Pedestrian accidents may lead to serious injuries and substantial damages. Whether the accident is minor or severe, you have the right to file a personal injury case and obtain compensation for the damages you incurred. A Maxie pedestrian accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can assist you with filing for compensatory damages.
We are equipped to handle a personal injury cases involving a pedestrian and motor vehicle. When you call us for a free case evaluation, we’ll go over your options in filing a claim.
About Pedestrian Injuries
Pedestrian accidents may lead to serious and even life-threatening injuries. The type of injuries you may incur from being struck by a vehicle range in severity, depending on the speed and size of the vehicle. Some common injuries you may get from a pedestrian accident include:
- Broken bones
- Head injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries
- Facial damage
- Dental injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Cuts and bruises
Determining Damages After Your Maxie Pedestrian Accident
When we handle you case, we will listen to your story, learn how your injuries have affected your life, and determine a value for your losses. Your losses, also referred to as damages, may include:
- Lost or lowered income: Not only can we pursue the money you have lost while recovering from your injury, but you may also be entitled to recoup money if you can no longer perform the same job you once did.
- Past medical services and future healthcare: We can work to get the money you need to pay your medical bills now and any healthcare you may require in the future, from physical rehabilitation to home modifications.
- Affected quality of life: Following your accident, you may find that you can no longer enjoy the activities you once did. We can be sure your compensation reflects this loss.
- Mental and emotional trauma: Not only will your physical injuries and losses need to be cared for but also your mental and emotional ones. You may require therapy to deal with any stress, depression, or anxiety stemming from the accident.
- Permanent disability: You could also collect compensation if your pedestrian accident in Maxie left you disabled.
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain and emotional suffering you endured from the accident and through your recovery is also a damage you can request compensation for.
There may be even more losses and out-of-pocket costs you can demand. If the accident claimed the life of your loved one, please accept our condolences first, but we can help you and your family pursue wrongful death damages, such as funeral and burial costs as well as loss of support and consortium.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Maxie, call (337) 777-7777
File Your Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit in Time
The Louisiana statute of limitations allows the plaintiff a particular time to file a lawsuit. The code for statute of limitations is found in CC Art. 3492, which generally gives you one year from the date of the accident to file.
If you don’t let your lawyer know about your case soon, you may run the risk of missing the deadline, which would jeopardize your right to damages.
Maxie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident
When you get into a pedestrian accident, the first thing you want to do is seek help. This takes the form of calling for help and seeking assistance for your injuries. There are other steps you can take to make filing a claim go smoother. Let’s take a look at some of the steps you may want to take after a pedestrian accident.
- Call for assistance: You can contact 911 right away after getting into a pedestrian accident. You’ll need to file a report about what occurred.
- Take notes: Jot down a few notes about the accident while it’s fresh in your mind.
- Talk to eyewitnesses: Check for witnesses to the incident and see if they can substantiate your version of the accident. If so, get their contact information.
- Take pictures: You may want to take pictures of the aftermath of the accident. They can often show how the accident occurred.
- Seek medical assistance: Make sure you seek assistance at a medical facility. Document your injuries, pain, and what you did to alleviate the pain.
- Talk to an attorney: Talk to a Maxie pedestrian accident lawyer at our firm to discuss the details of your accident. They will calculate your damages and work on a fair settlement on your behalf.
How Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help Maxie Victims
There are a number of ways our pedestrian accident lawyer helps clients like you build strong cases for their personal injury losses. We can:
- Investigate the accident
- Collect reports, photos, and video
- Interview eyewitnesses and experts
- Determine all liable parties
- Establish a fair settlement value
- Handle all paperwork
- Speak on your behalf, especially during negotiations
- Represent your interests at trial
Click to contact our Maxie Personal Injury Lawyers today
How to Prove Negligence in a Pedestrian Accident
When you have our Maxie pedestrian accident lawyer by your side, you are assured of having an advocate help establish the other party was negligent. In doing so, they will:
Prove the Driver Had a Duty of Care
The attorney will show that the driver owed you a duty of care to not cause you harm. All drivers, for example, are bound by this duty.
Show Breach of Duty
Breaching the duty of care involves being negligent in some way. The Maxie pedestrian accident lawyer will look at the evidence to see where negligence comes into play. This helps prove the driver breached the duty of care.
It’s vital to link the accident with the injuries. Your lawyer will establish a direct cause and effect between the accident and the injuries.
Prove Your Damages
You have sustained non-financial and financial damages following the pedestrian accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult a Maxie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Our Firm
You can recuperate in peace when you hire a Maxie pedestrian accident lawyer at our firm. They will take care of all the communications with the other party, filing the necessary paperwork, and negotiating the settlement on your behalf.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. You will receive a free, no-obligation case assessment and work with us on a contingency basis.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form