If you or a loved one was injured in a collision in Maxie, you may be able to pursue damages to cover the cost of your economic and noneconomic damages. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we believe that nobody should have to pay out of pocket for an accident they did not cause.
When you work with us, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the details of your accident
- Estimate the value of your losses
- Collect evidence that assigns negligence
- Negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf
- Handle all communications with the involved parties
- Keep you updated on your legal options
- Take your case to court, if needed
When entering the legal process, you want a car accident lawyer who has your best interests in mind while representing you. To get started with a free case review, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
Reasons for Your Maxie Car Accident
According to data collected by Louisiana State University, there were 718 fatal crashes in 2018. This was a 1.7% increase from the previous year.
Some of the causes of car accidents in Louisiana include:
- Driving aggressively
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Road rage
- Traffic conditions, such as gridlock
- Driving recklessly
To assign negligence, your legal team will need to conduct an investigation into the reason for your accident. They can do this by reviewing the police report made at the accident scene, examining any photos or video footage, and speaking with eyewitnesses. From there, they can begin pursuing the cost of your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Maxie, call (337) 777-7777
What Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Can Do For You
In the aftermath of a collision, you may not have been through this legal process before. When you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you can rest easy knowing a team of dedicated legal professionals is on your side.
To establish liability in your case, we will:
- Interview eyewitnesses present at the scene of the crash
- Request access to the police report and other statements made by law enforcement
- Determine the circumstances leading to the accident, as well as other facts of the case
- Collect all evidence regarding damages and injuries, including your medical records
- Build a case the supports a claim for compensation
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists to learn more about the collision
A Maxie car accident lawyer will provide services that are designed to meet the needs of your situation. We want to get started working on your behalf as soon as possible. To get started, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
Maxie Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Louisiana Statute of Limitations for Filing Car Accident Lawsuits
When you work with a Maxie car accident lawyer, they understand Louisiana’s statute of limitations for car accidents. Each state has different guidelines for how long claimants have to file a lawsuit for personal injury cases. A state’s statute of limitations has the singular goal of resolving cases within a reasonable amount of time. Yet, if you operate outside of these parameters, you may jeopardize your case and be unable to pursue legal action.
According to Louisiana Civil Code Article 3492, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for car accidents is one year from the date of the collision. If you or a loved one suffered injuries from a Maxie car accident, you do not have an unlimited time to act. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.
Click to contact our Maxie Personal Injury Lawyers today
Your Lawyer Must Prove Negligence
In Louisiana, every driver is required to have liability insurance in the event that a collision causes injuries or property damage. If you have been in a car accident, you will file a claim first with the other party’s insurance company for damages. Depending on the details of their policy, you may be able to recover compensation that fully covers the cost of your losses. However, if negotiations with the insurance company are unfruitful, or if the policy in place does not cover your damages, you have the option of going to court.
In court, your lawyer will need to prove the following elements in your case:
- The other driver assumed a duty of care when getting behind the wheel
- The responsible party breached this obligation for whatever reason
- As a result of their actions, the responsible party caused the accident
- You have suffered injuries and financial losses that have impacted your quality of life
When taking your case through the court system, any recoverable damages will be at the discretion of the attending judge.
Recoverable Costs in a Maxie Car Accident Case
Your car accident attorney can walk you through the process of recovering expenses following your collision. Your losses will be divided into two categories: economic and noneconomic damages. The former refers to items that have a verifiable value, while the latter deals with more psychological losses.
Examples of recoverable economic damages include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Childcare costs
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses
Examples of noneconomic damages include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household benefits
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for items that we have not listed here.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Maxie car accident, our legal team can provide invaluable legal services. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you pay nothing for our assistance unless we reach a favorable resolution in your case.
Let a Maxie car accident lawyer protect your rights and pursue the compensation you need. Members of our team are standing by to hear from you. To get started with a free case review, call our team at (337) 777-7777.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form